Thread: What can be done to stiffen the chasis?

My Cars
    e38 97 740il

What can be done to stiffen the chasis?

I have read the FAQ on suspension bushings and the like. My question is more specific to the verts. I have a Dinan stage 2 94' with 190k miles. Car is sold I planning on a full bushing overhaul.

BUT is there any reputable sources for undercarriage braces? Or rear strut towers? I have a front strut brace. (Dinan) I really don't track the car but it is old and "loose". I get too much cowl shake for me
    1994 325ic - 5spd - Dinan Stage II - CF Intake - Exhaust - Throttle Body - Software - Suspension - M Bumper and Door Trim - Smoked Lights

My Cars
    14 JGC/13 E88 128i
    You should have the X-brace under the suspension. Check but I have not seen a vert without one on an E36. If not that would be a high item of interest to add. Replacing all the suspension components in the front will add back tighteness because you have most likely additive clearnces which make the car feel sloppy. Cowl shake is not unusual.y M3 doesn't have much but it has mostly new suspension items.
    I would not get too carried away until I did those. My 95 325 I had Dinan springs, sways, Spax adjustable struts and Bilstien shocks, X brace and solid steel strut brace and I had little but still some cowl shake. Taddition of the hardtop killed all cowl shake so even adding as much tortional stiffness I could it didn't match what the hardtop added...