Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: 2011 335d stereo

My Cars
    2011 335d

2011 335d stereo

I have a 2011 335d with the base radio, cd, I pod, and bluetooth. I want to upgrade the sound without replacing the head unit. My local car audio installer tells me that any added aftermarket amplification will confuse my car's computer and mess things up. The speakers cannot be replaced because they are most likely 2 ohm, and most aftermarket speakers are 4 or 8 ohm so that the sound level would be greatly reduced. Any suggestions for upgrading the existing system? thanks

My Cars
    99 M3 96 328iC
    I also sent a reply via email. The 2011 model now has "Base Audio" which means you have 4 speakers and underseat subwoofers. No tweeters. We address this with our Stage 1 upgrade:
    http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...Series-M3-E90/

This will provide you with the mounts, brackets and everything to install our tweeters plug and play as well as upgrade the 4" drivers. Full information is at the link above with install guides.

Feel free to ask any additional questions here or via email!

My Cars
    M3 Coupe E92 2008
    Still no Dirac upgrade, eh?

My Cars
    2009 BMW 335D
    I have an '09 335d with the base system as well. I live in Charlotte. Does BSW handle installation as well or have a referral system?

My Cars
    99 M3 96 328iC
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Rider View Post
    I have an '09 335d with the base system as well. I live in Charlotte. Does BSW handle installation as well or have a referral system?
    Is your vehicle a 2009 for sure? BMW did not introduce Base Audio until 2010. You will have the HiFi package which we do have a package for.

We do not currently offer installation services but wouldn't be a problem to help set you up with a shop locally to you. Or our guides can show you how to DIY.

Quote Originally Posted by LexM View Post
    Still no Dirac upgrade, eh?

Not yet. It is in the works!

My Cars
    2011 335d
    Are both my oem and the bsw 4inch speakers 2 ohms?

My Cars
    2011 BMW 328ix sedan
    Hey Bsw, do you have the 2011 328i kits made yet and what exactly is included in the kit? Will they come with tweeters and factory tweeter pods? I would actually like to order a kit soon but detail is very vague on the site and forums exspecially on the 10+ model years. Also, do you have any kits in stock.

My Cars
    99 M3 96 328iC
    Quote Originally Posted by boogysbmw View Post
    Hey Bsw, do you have the 2011 328i kits made yet and what exactly is included in the kit? Will they come with tweeters and factory tweeter pods? I would actually like to order a kit soon but detail is very vague on the site and forums exspecially on the 10+ model years. Also, do you have any kits in stock.
    We do have the kits availiable now, however they we sold out already! We have the new units in route and they will availiable soon. We add the front and rear tweeters, and on the front include the OEM tweeter pod, the rears already have an area to be mounted. If you have any further questions don't hesitate to give me a call

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrax View Post
    Are both my oem and the bsw 4inch speakers 2 ohms?
    We match to OEM impedances when we setup our Stage 1 packages. BMW has used 2ohm, 1.6ohm, 2.5ohm, 4ohm and even 8ohm drivers. We make sure we match to any and all factory drivers.
    Last edited by Halston Pitman; 09-15-2010 at 02:46 PM.

My Cars
    2011 BMW 328ix sedan
    BSW,
    If i ordered both the base upgrade for my 2011 328i and the subwoffer kit could i get some sort of package deal? If so, please let me know asap. I plan on ordering around december if the price is right.

My Cars
    99 M3 96 328iC
    Quote Originally Posted by boogysbmw View Post
    BSW,
    If i ordered both the base upgrade for my 2011 328i and the subwoffer kit could i get some sort of package deal? If so, please let me know asap. I plan on ordering around december if the price is right.

Shoot me an email. We have something coming soon

Email in the signature.

My Cars
    2011 BMW 328ix sedan
    * removed *
    Last edited by boogysbmw; 09-21-2010 at 02:50 PM.