Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade Progman V32 to version 34 in VMWare

My Cars
    2006 530d m-sport
    I can comfirm the links, it's the same place I got ISTA from.
    Last edited by BLooD30; 09-24-2010 at 02:33 AM.

My Cars
    2006 530d m-sport
    I updated my E60 data files and when Progman boots I get a white screen says the webpage cannot be found and then this error box.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325xi
    Did you create the two empty "work" and "data\konv.tmp" folders in your E60 directory?

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    darkman
    have you tried to fire DME after all ??

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325xi
    No, I wasn't planning on updating the DME. Any reason I should?

My Cars
    2006 530d m-sport
    Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    Did you create the two empty "work" and "data\konv.tmp" folders in your E60 directory?
    Yes, I have just checked it.

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    No, I wasn't planning on updating the DME. Any reason I should?
    so how you can say its working ?
    just see welcome picture means nothing ... try to update some sofware - this will tell you if it works or not

My Cars
    2006 530d m-sport
    Bingo!! got my progman working again, ran changes.iso again it`s fixed what ever the problem was, just need to test it now.

ok tested, still get the warning about target data status being wrong but it lets me access my car now, I can call up the car/key memory settings but I can not access the load software menu, any ideas how to get into it?
    Last edited by BLooD30; 09-24-2010 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    Still i dont see somebody succeeds to update/retrofit software in ISTA V38 under Progman V32 ( except of Beemer187 )

I am in process of retesting again from scratch , if it works for one should work for me as well

GL
    Last edited by champaign777; 09-24-2010 at 08:17 PM.

My Cars
    Renault Clio
    I updated Progman V32 to V38 + Vdrive changes.iso , I didn't deeply tested it (customer wanted his E61 back in 5min) but as soon as it was connected it asked to update the car firmware, and that didn't happen in V32.
    You should use VDDK http://www.vmware.com/support/developer/vddk/ to transfer all your spdaten in the right folder, just remember to unmount the disk before shutting down the pc or the virtual machine won't work anymore.

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    is it true that to update the same part number again takes only 2-5 min where
    the new part ( for example new sofware DME part #xxxxx ) takes about 20-30 min ?

i played with v38 again this weekend and updated the same DME part and it tooks around 5 min only ...

I can see DME can be updated 11 times now so it looks OK but dont sure if it really works
    as it was too fast to be true ...

anyone who updated the same part # again ?

I will upload picture later on
    Last edited by champaign777; 09-27-2010 at 04:45 PM.

My Cars
    335i
    Hey guys,

I gave up on progman untill now. I followed this post and I got all the ISTA V38 files for the E89 input into progman. I tried to read my car and I got this message:

Last time I couldn't even read anything off my car when I was at V32. Does anyone know how to change the interface head issue I have??

Thanks Peers
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    you need rerun changesXXX.iso file again
    but first you need working Progman V32
    Last edited by champaign777; 09-30-2010 at 01:56 PM.

My Cars
    335i
    Quote Originally Posted by champaign777 View Post
    you need rerun changesXXX.iso file again
    but first you need working Progman V32
    Thanks! I was reading a post just about this, And your right it worked. I can run progman on my e90. However It doesnt let me select option 1 CKM/KEY programer tab?? and it wants me to update some modules? Don't know if I should try this for coding my new alarm? Or NCS instead.

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    i saw this on new cars ( 2008 E60 ) where Progman first ask you to update all module but i never tried ( not my cars )
    I think you should be fine with update, first run it for every module and then CKM/KEY should work + you will have most updated software

Don't forget to use charger and clean adaptation values after all

not a fun of NCS expert , dangerous tool for me
    Last edited by champaign777; 09-30-2010 at 06:11 PM.

My Cars
    335i
    i saw this on new cars ( 2008 E60 ) where Progman first ask you to update all module but i never tried ( not my cars )
    I think you should be fine with update, first run it for every module and then CKM/KEY should work + you will have most updated software

Don't forget to use charger and clean adaptation values after all

You really think Ill be ok?? It's Progman V32 with V38 E89 files from it only. V32 wouldn't even read my car before as the software on it is V33.

will this update my car to V38 now?? I really just want to code in my alarm when it comes in a week.

Today is the first time I ever had Progman up at all so never used it. I went right to NCS. Crazy Huh?? LOL PS what would clean adaptation values be? Should I attempt this
    Last edited by ganastas; 09-30-2010 at 08:40 PM.

My Cars
    2009 e90
    Quote Originally Posted by ganastas View Post
    Hey guys,

I gave up on progman untill now. I followed this post and I got all the ISTA V38 files for the E89 input into progman. I tried to read my car and I got this message:

Last time I couldn't even read anything off my car when I was at V32. Does anyone know how to change the interface head issue I have??

Thanks Peers
    Ganastas, could you upload the daten files for E89 from ISTA V38? Thanks alot.

My Cars
    Z3 96, Cooper 08
    Quote Originally Posted by ganastas View Post
    You really think Ill be ok?? It's Progman V32 with V38 E89 files from it only. V32 wouldn't even read my car before as the software on it is V33.

Today is the first time I ever had Progman up at all so never used it. I went right to NCS. Crazy Huh?? LOL PS what would clean adaptation values be? Should I attempt this
    Yeah I tried NCS first. I spent all day getting Progman v32 up and running and when I finally connected it to my R56, it told me the car had too new of software (something dated from 2009, v32 is from late 08) and kicked me out, so it did not allow me to touch the car at all. Bastard!

So my next step is to try to update the data files to v38.

Does the V38 DVD image work to update Progman entirely (in administration menu)? Has anyone tried it? I doubt it because it has changed to ISTPA (or whatever it is called). I will give it shot tomorrow before I update just the data files.

I am very encouraged you were able to access the car after updating the files!!!!!!!!!!

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    NCS isn't that bad - it's pretty easy to go back to defaults using it, so it's not quite as dangerous as most make it out to be. The only time I"ve seen an irreversible error happen was when Snowcat coded that convertible module. Not sure why it failed like that, but every other module seems relatively safe (I must've coded my LSZ over 100 times by now)

My Cars
    335i
    Quote Originally Posted by nasatwoburn View Post
    Ganastas, could you upload the daten files for E89 from ISTA V38? Thanks alot.
    You can get everything you need in this post. I just followed it and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by strobeyprobey View Post
    Yeah I tried NCS first. I spent all day getting Progman v32 up and running and when I finally connected it to my R56, it told me the car had too new of software (something dated from 2009, v32 is from late 08) and kicked me out, so it did not allow me to touch the car at all. Bastard!

So my next step is to try to update the data files to v38.

Does the V38 DVD image work to update Progman entirely (in administration menu)? Has anyone tried it? I doubt it because it has changed to ISTPA (or whatever it is called). I will give it shot tomorrow before I update just the data files.

I am very encouraged you were able to access the car after updating the files!!!!!!!!!!
    I never tried to update via progman admin menu? I don't belive it will work as we are just taking the daten files from ISTA, not the whole thing. So just do whats here in the post and go from there?
    Last edited by ganastas; 10-01-2010 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    Z3 96, Cooper 08
    By the way, I found the following in a different forum:

After you jetunpack V37 files here is a procedure to update your Progman V32 with V37 files:

1) In SSS harddrive go to d: \ programme \ IFS \ SP
    2) delete all directorys
    3) extract sp-daten-xxx.zip to this directory
    4) rename extracted directorys to right names (E46, E39, R50, etc.)
    5) Partition "D" in:
    - "Cipconfig.XML" in line (MP IMPORT = "FALSE" se to "TRUE")
    6) Partition "C" in:
    - "System.XML" find V32 and change it to V37
    7) "Partition" E "
    - "Progman.XML" in (HOST = "SSS32" set to "SSS37")
    8) Start Progman and you can view all changes in Administration.

http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2954627

I will have to try all of these updates this weekend, I will "Ghost" my working Progman v32 starting point so I can give these different methods a try. I was so close to getting my R56 retrofitted, I was happy it was able to read the Vehicle Order! Thanks to everyone for posting their steps to get these things working. I am fascinated by auto electronics.

Can anyone tell me the build date of the V38? If it is not from late 09, I am not going to even bother because my car has too new of software installed.
    Last edited by strobeyprobey; 10-01-2010 at 01:09 PM.

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    By the way, I found the following in a different forum:

After you jetunpack V37 files here is a procedure to update your Progman V32 with V37 files:

1) In SSS harddrive go to d: \ programme \ IFS \ SP
    2) delete all directorys
    3) extract sp-daten-xxx.zip to this directory
    4) rename extracted directorys to right names (E46, E39, R50, etc.)
    5) Partition "D" in:
    - "Cipconfig.XML" in line (MP IMPORT = "FALSE" se to "TRUE")
    6) Partition "C" in:
    - "System.XML" find V32 and change it to V37
    7) "Partition" E "
    - "Progman.XML" in (HOST = "SSS32" set to "SSS37")
    8) Start Progman and you can view all changes in Administration.

http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2954627

I will have to try all of these updates this weekend, I will "Ghost" my working Progman v32 starting point so I can give these different methods a try. I was so close to getting my R56 retrofitted, I was happy it was able to read the Vehicle Order! Thanks to everyone for posting their steps to get these things working. I am fascinated by auto electronics.

Can anyone tell me the build date of the V38? If it is not from late 09, I am not going to even bother because my car has too new of software installed.
    *** actually there is a feedback below this post :

After this you can go to dealer and ask for a new DME module

*** I believe these are cosmetic changes ( based on XML's you provided ) and dont have any affect on functionality
    All the rest looks the same

*** ISTA v38 production date is 05.2010

still i dont see somebody answered on #40
    I updated the same DME version in V38 .
    It's working well so far , just it was run too fast ( update tooks ~5-7 min where for new version it runs for 30-40 min )
    Anyone ?
    Last edited by champaign777; 10-02-2010 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    Z3 96, Cooper 08
    Well I updated my v32 with the v38 data files for my R56 and got stuck with the interface error just like ganastas had. I reran changes.iso with no luck, and ran changes_v2.iso with no luck.

I am giving up on Progman for the R56, the software is just to old. Time to get a J2534 interface so I can do my retrofits.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Well I updated my v32 with the v38 data files for my R56 and got stuck with the interface error just like ganastas had. I reran changes.iso with no luck, and ran changes_v2.iso with no luck.

I am giving up on Progman for the R56, the software is just to old. Time to get a J2534 interface so I can do my retrofits.
    Just use ncs expert... it's pretty easy. Add the appropriate option code(s) to your VO, and then recode the appropriate modules.

If you need to reprogram something you'll need to use WinKFP, which I'll admit is a bit more difficult, but not impossible to learn.
    Last edited by TerraPhantm; 10-05-2010 at 01:01 PM.

My Cars
    Z3 96, Cooper 08
    I will give that a shot tonight, NCS could only read a handful of modules on my car. Only the radio, airbag/restraint, and the lighting module. So I am not entirely sure it will work for me.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast