Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade Progman V32 to version 34 in VMWare

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport

Upgrade Progman V32 to version 34/38 in VMWare

I actually started to work on this , did someone already did it ?
    Last edited by champaign777; 09-22-2010 at 02:34 PM.

My Cars
    BMW 330CI DropTop
    I upgraded Progman with ISTA/P v38 and flashed the DME for a test.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    from what I understand it's doable by overwriting all the SP-daten files, but it's not really complete. New revisions of old files work fine, but files that are entirely new don't work since the Oracle database doesn't have any record of them. I'm not sure how feasible it would be to update the oracle database to include all these changes (or if it's possible to steal the database from the actual ISTA/P install).

I've got ISTA/P v2.38, but haven't updated SSS with its files since I've got no need to with a 2005 E46. While I do also have a 2008 E60, NCS Expert has sufficed for that - I'd rather leave the programming to the dealer since the car is still warrantied. If I really wanted, I could program with WinKFP

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    so the procedure is the same as for Progman V32 with Base 3.1 ? if not any link ?
    also will sources of BMW ISTA / P v34 work ? I found some links but they are for T30 native install ( not english site , 40 files , 7,7G )
    Last edited by champaign777; 08-22-2010 at 10:25 PM.

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    Unless there are actual progman discs with v34 on them, I don't think the procedure is the same. You'll have to install v32 normally, and then replace all the sp-daten files with ones extracted from an ISTA/P archive.

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    this looks like easy no ? just update all sp-daten files on Z drive and you have V34 ?

Digital-Kaos is suck , i cant obtain this information anymore

ok

this is what i found ... any comments ?
    Which tool to use for extract ? Will winzip work for this ?

====================
    It is very easy:

1) n SSS harddrive go to d:\programme\ifs\data
    2) delete all directorys
    3) extract sp-daten-xxx.zip to this directory
    4) rename extracted directorys to right names (ie E46, R50,etc.)
    Last edited by champaign777; 09-01-2010 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2005 M3 & 2004 330i
    That method will work. However like I mentioned, there are some things that won't work since the Oracle databases won't be upgraded. I don't know if v34 is an issue, but I've read about other people bricking modules because of the improper configuration with v37 and later.

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    ok did the trick for v38

move all files from 3 *.iso files ( thank to bimmer187 for help ) into one directory ( open every *.iso with Daemon tool )

them run jet unpack 3 times from command line - first for AInst , second for Client and then for Server ... actually we need only Server files but I have it all
    BTW - I have no luck to run jet unpack on WIN 7 so I installed all on Win XP

AInst-> jetunpack "ISTA-P-AInst__38.0.0_--.jetarch" C:\BMW\ISTA_V38\
    Client -> jetunpack "ISTA-P-Client_38.0.0_--.jetarch" C:\BMW\ISTA_V38\
    Server ( ISTA-P-Server_38.0.0_--.jetarch.part1&ISTA-P-Server_38.0.0_--.jetarch.part2 ) -> jetunpack "ISTA-P-Server_38.0.0_--.jetarch" C:\BMW\ISTA_V38\

here I spent some time on understanding that :

***need to put back slash after last directory - another way jet unpack will think that
    every file should start from ISTA_V38 like ISTA_V38xxxxxx
    ***for 2 server files no need file extension , just jetarch
    ***before run jet unpack for part1&part2 as above single version.ini file should be in same directory and have
    volumeNumber = 1
    volumeTotal = 2

then need to wait like 8-10 min ... didnt know this so killed process 2-3 times .. hehe
    finally you will have SP.7z and SDP.7z files which you need - ~8.3 Gb ... here you can use winrar to extract them ... new SP-DATEN files come close to 32G !

Quote Originally Posted by TerraPhantm View Post
    from what I understand it's doable by overwriting all the SP-daten files, but it's not really complete. New revisions of old files work fine, but files that are entirely new don't work since the Oracle database doesn't have any record of them. I'm not sure how feasible it would be to update the oracle database to include all these changes (or if it's possible to steal the database from the actual ISTA/P install).

I've got ISTA/P v2.38, but haven't updated SSS with its files since I've got no need to with a 2005 E46. While I do also have a 2008 E60, NCS Expert has sufficed for that - I'd rather leave the programming to the dealer since the car is still warrantied. If I really wanted, I could program with WinKFP
    now when i am in upgrade process i can see that even for E46 Sp-daten files were changed
    the same is for E39 and for all old cars ...
    the most changes i can see for E60 and for E89 ( E90 ) ( almost double )
    Last edited by champaign777; 08-29-2010 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    what the ... not working
    I did all right, I copied all SP-Daten files and created empty missing directories which progman V32 needs ( work and data / konv.tmp )
    what is interesting that new V38 found a new trunny software ( EGS ) for my E39
    but when I tried to run update it comes to "car settings save" mode ...
    I was waiting around 1H and nothing happens
    Finally I killed this session - car looks ok so far ... me too ... so nothing was really happen

I have strong feeling that still we need some Oracle DB update

anybody interesting ?

i need to try the same for V34 ...
    Last edited by champaign777; 08-31-2010 at 11:29 PM.

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    EGS updated in progman V34

Last edited by champaign777; 09-01-2010 at 11:36 AM.

My Cars
    318ci M43
    Congratulations you get it!
    Where is Oracle Database?
    Do you update Oracle Database for V34?

My Cars
    2000 328Ci AW

Progman V34

Congrats. Now setup a nice, complete writeup on getting it done.

Regards,
    Mark

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by mimi123 View Post
    Congratulations you get it!
    Where is Oracle Database?
    Do you update Oracle Database for V34?
    Oracle DB on disk C, there is an oracle folder and with sqlplus you can update DB
    I didn't touch Oracle DB as i am not able to find Oracle DB upgrade scripts for V38 ... if somebody has it i can try
    I think this is the main reason why V38 do not work... I am wandering how it worked for Beemer187 ... well i tried hard with all possible combination ... no luck
    I did the same for V34 ( just update for SP-daten files for progman V32) and it works

Quote Originally Posted by se93 View Post
    Congrats. Now setup a nice, complete writeup on getting it done.

Regards,
    Mark
    actually all pretty much in this thread ... the main issue is to extract and create ISO files for SP-daten files - see #8
    I created ISO files for every car like E46Sp-daten.iso . For some cars like E60/E89 data is more than 9G so you will need to split it on 2 ISO files
    Then its pretty much straightforward - just load every ISO file and replace SP-daten files in progman v32 like in #6
    First delete , then copy, just replace don't work good in VMware

I will be glad if i can work with somebody how to proceed with ISTA V38 ... this is interesting

chears!
    Last edited by champaign777; 09-01-2010 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2000 328Ci AW

V34

champaigne777:

Is there a big difference funtionwise as far as what you can do between Progman V32 and V34?

Regards,
    Mark

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    there is no such a thing as progman V34 .. i think they call it now ISTA/P V2.34.0

this is just attempt to have more fresh software for last mohican - progman V32

As far as more people will try it we will have more information how it works

I dont know if its possible to load ISTA like we loaded Progman v28/32 into VMWare
    Last edited by champaign777; 09-01-2010 at 03:05 PM.

My Cars
    2000 328Ci AW

Progman

What i meant was what are the benefits in Upgrading Progman V32 to version 34 as the title of the thread says?

Any features that V32 does not have?

Regards,
    Mark

My Cars
    BMW 330CI DropTop
    All Versions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2006 530d m-sport
    I have ISTA/p v38 on download, any tips for upgrading my progman v32?

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    try the same as mentioned in this thread for ISTA/P V2.38.0 and then run some software update ( DME ? )
    some people reported it works for cars which are supported by PROGMAN V32 even w/o DB patch

let us know
    Last edited by champaign777; 09-22-2010 at 02:32 PM.

My Cars
    2006 530d m-sport
    I am copying over the sp-daten files for E60 right now, it`s very slow so I might not be able to test it untill tommorow.

I have looked through the files on my ISTA/p disks and I can see no oracle folder or files, I wonder if it was removed with v38.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325xi
    champaign777, you mentioned that you need SP.7z and SDP.7z. I opened both with winrar and only SP.7z contains the SP-daten-*** directories. Do I need to copy anything over from SDP.7z?
    Last edited by darkman; 09-22-2010 at 04:46 PM.

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    champaign777, you mentioned that you need SP.7z and SDP.7z. I opened both with winrar and only SP.7z contains the SP-daten-*** directories. Do I need to copy anything over from SDP.7z?
    no , you need only SP-daten files

Quote Originally Posted by BLooD30 View Post
    I am copying over the sp-daten files for E60 right now, it`s very slow so I might not be able to test it untill tommorow.

I have looked through the files on my ISTA/p disks and I can see no oracle folder or files, I wonder if it was removed with v38.
    check if you have space
    this monster will take 30-40G of your HD
    Last edited by champaign777; 09-22-2010 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325xi
    Here is a step-by-step guide for updating SSS Progman V32 with the ISTA/P V38 data files:

- Before you start, you need a lot of free space on your hard drive: about 30-40 GB. You should clear up some space first.

- Download ISTA/P V38 from here:

http://allautoinfo.org/diagnostic/33...80-2010-g.html

and use winrar to extract its contents onto c:\

- Download jetunpack from here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/410456628/Jetunpack.rar

and use winrar to extract its contents onto c:\

- Open Daemon Tools Lite and mount c:\ISTA_P_V38\ISTA_P_2.38.0_Disk1_3.iso. On my machine, it's mounted onto drive F: but it may be different on your machine. If so, you'll need to change F: to the mounted drive on your machine in the below instructions.

- Open a command window (press Windows key+R to bring up run menu, type cmd and press return)

- Type

md C:\BMW
    md C:\BMW\ISTA_V38
    cd C:\jetunpack
    jetunpack F:\ISTA-P-AInst_38.0.0_--.jetarch c:\BMW\ISTA_V38\
    jetunpack F:\ISTA-P-Client_38.0.0_--.jetarch C:\BMW\ISTA_V38\

- Open Daemon Tools Lite and unmount the iso. Mount c:\ISTA_P_V38\ISTA_P_2.38.0_Disk2_3.iso

- Go to the command window and copy ISTA-P-Server_38.0.0_--.jetarch.part1 and version.ini to your c:\jetunpack directory

copy F:\*.* .

- Open Daemon Tools Lite and unmount the iso. Mount c:\ISTA_P_V38\ISTA_P_2.38.0_Disk3_3.iso

- Go to the command window and copy ISTA-P-Server_38.0.0_--.jetarch.part2 to your c:\jetunpack directory

copy F:\ISTA-P-Server_38.0.0_--.jetarch.part2 .

- Now you're ready to unpack the final 2 files. Type

jetunpack ISTA-P-Server_38.0.0_--.jetarch C:\BMW\ISTA_V38\

This is going to take a while so be patient.

- Run winrar and open SP.7z in the C:\BMW\ISTA_V38\files\data directory. Select the sp-daten-*** directory for your chassis and extract it. I extracted the sp-daten-e89 directory to c:\ since I want the latest data files for my E90. The below instructions apply to the E90 but you can modify it for your particular chassis.

- Run VMware.

- Open the SSS Progman virtual machine tab in VMware.

- Double click on the hard drive to bring up the settings dialog.

- Click on Utilities -> Map...

- Choose volume number 1 and remove the checkmark next to "Open file in read-only mode"

- Click OK

- Open Regedit (press Windows key+R to bring up run menu, type regedit and press return)

- Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in the registry editor window

- Click on File -> Load Hive...

- Browse to the file Z:\Windows\System32\Config\Software and click Open

- Give the hive a name like BASE31

- Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\BASE31\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Winlogon

- Find the value of SHELL and double-click it. The value data should be set to

D:\Programme\IFS\Shell\Progman.exe 80 /cipb/ProgmanAdmin/start.php?mode=init

- Change it to

explorer.exe

- Collapse the folder tree so that BASE31 is highlighted

- Click File > Unload Hive.

- Close the registry editor

- If you have the Z: drive open in file explorer, make sure that you close it

- Return to VMware, open the properties for the hard drive and select Utilities > Disconnect

- Back to your laptop. Open file explorer, locate your sp-daten-89 directory, right click on it, and select Sharing and Security from the popup menu

- Click on Share this folder. Remember the share name. My share name is SP-daten-E89.

- Click OK

- Go to VMWare and start your SSS Progman virtual machine. It should boot into the desktop

- Click on Start -> My Computer to open a file explorer window

- Browse to D:\Programme\IFS\SP. This directory contains the data folders for different chassis. Choose the one you want to update and double click on it to open it. I opened the E89 folder

- Press CTRL+A and then the Delete key to delete the contents of the E89 folder

- Click on Start -> My Computer to open another file explorer window

- Type \\mylaptop\ShareName where mylaptop is the name of your laptop (go into My Computer -> Properties -> Computer Name if you don't know the laptop name) and ShareName is the share name from the above step. e.g., on my computer, I typed \\mylaptop\\SP-daten-E89. Now you should see the files/folders you extracted from SP.7z

- Press CTRL+A to select all of the files/folders in this directory

- Drag+drop them into the D:\Programme\IFS\SP\E89 folder

- After it's done copying the files,

add the folder "work" in the E89 directory.
    Add a folder in the E89\data directory called "konv.tmp"

Leave both folders empty.

Your E89 folder structure should look something like this now:

cfgdat
    data/konv.tmp
    daten
    ecu
    format
    kmmData
    sgdat
    work

- Open Regedit in the virtual machine (press Windows key+R to bring up run menu, type regedit and press return)

- Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Winlogon

- Find the value of SHELL and double-click it. The value data should be set to

explorer.exe

- Change it back to

D:\Programme\IFS\Shell\Progman.exe 80 /cipb/ProgmanAdmin/start.php?mode=init

- Close the registry editor and restart the VM. SSS Progman is now using the V38 data files!

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    buddy
    is it a russian version ? русские хакеры самые лучшие в мире ?
    have you tried to fire DME after all ?
    Last edited by champaign777; 09-24-2010 at 01:23 AM.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325xi
    No, the links are hosted on a Russian web site and ISTA/P is not a Russian version.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast