Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dinan twin turbo

My Cars
    '93 850Ci- Daily Driver
    Well, you have to ask an intelligent question to get an intelligent answer.
    You might be better served asking your local DMV/ County Tax office how to clear up a title.
    Still not sure why you would even ask such a question on the 8 forum in the first place.
    The only real thing we all have figured out is that you didn't learn the first time and now got an encore performance from a known cheat - and you are complaining about not getting an "intelligent" answer???

Try a reality check first, and good luck (you will need it with this guy).
    '93 850Ci - Mineralweiß Metallic

2001 740iL - Titansilber
    ALPINA B7 -Alpinweiß III

...the price of cool ain't cheap!

My Cars
    01 Audi S8
    Is there intelligent life out there?

Might try to read what I am asking. And the dealer is Chris not Evan. He just acted as a middleman in the transaction

But forget about either one of them I am asking from someone that has had experience as a dealer or knows of such things.
    If you don't have the answer then why bother with a comment??? Geeeeeesh

I figure all I needed was a form 262 and 227, but he said he is sending me something else to sign first.
    Last edited by Bimmerman4ever; 02-08-2015 at 01:47 AM.

My Cars
    91 Dinan860 & 91 850 6sp
    There should be no "other paperwork" to sign, that's the point folks are trying to make.
    How, exactly, did he supposedly "sign it over improperly" and screw up the title? <<<The guy sells cars for a living, how likely is this?
    Have you even seen the title?

There's a myriad of bullshit tricks these guys use to screw people. We all hope that this doesn't come back to bite you in the ass, but you're getting some rather harsh feedback because this guy is a known scammer to avoid at all costs - hence this thread.
    Last edited by cartoonz; 02-08-2015 at 03:29 AM.

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    I am not sure if I am reading this correctly, but I believe the only way to "screw up" the title is to fill out lienholder information where there is no lienholder present. I had this happen to me once, royal pain. I had to take out a title bond on the car (not too expensive) and present it to DMV, they issiued a clear title then.

My Cars
    01 Audi S8
    Well these are a few forms I came across:

REG 138
    Notifies the DMV that you have transferred/sold your vehicle to protect you until the buyer registers it in his name.
    REG 135 Bill of sale for private transactions. Serves as receipt and proof of purchase.
    REG 256 Used to provide additional information for other forms or to correct information on existing documents.
    REG 262 Combination form for odometer disclosure, bill of sale, and power of attorney. Not available online. Contact the DMV for a copy.

Chris at Prestige Pre-Owned is/was the last owner according the the signed title (from previous owner) and a transfer 262 title form.
    I assume Evan has worked with Chris before and purchased the car from him without doing any DMV paperwork to transfer to his name to save money.
    Then used it as a trade deal with me. (I did a trade deal before with Evan a few years back so I didn't see any red flags)

Anyhow....
    I wont know until I see the "paper work" when it arrives Monday.
    It may be a 138 since he doesn't want to be liable for the vehicle if I don't register it.
    So I would have to sign that before I got the 262.
    That would make sense to me. But he (Chris) is not coming right out and saying that.

It wasn't until I suggested that I would come down there to have a face to face that they started to expedite the process of correcting of errors.
    It is obvious now that Evan is too incompetent to handle such a simple task and pissed-off Chris because of the way he handled the title.

From doing a little more research it seems like Evan was good at what he was doing then went down hill. May have filed bankruptcy and has a gambling problem. Who knows. He has pretty much screwed up any good reputation he had in the car community. So any other dealers he has had relations with is taking the brunt of it. They are still running a legitimate dealership so they have to take on the responsibility of correcting Evans mistakes. If you look up Prestige Pre-Owned (in Campbell CA) it reads like they have many satisfied customers. So if I was Chris I would be pissed too. He didn't really understand my situation until I talked to him. But it was hard to get him on the phone. It was either an email or he had one of his employees handle me.
    And yes you're all right. Evan is a dirtbag.

PS: As far as the title. It reads like the original owner (Mr. C. Shall remain anonymous), financed it though Prestige then signed it over to them.
    But he (Mr. C) also filled out the new registered owner part on the back. So Prestige and their finance company (signed off lien holder) were on the reverse side with also a 262 of him signing it over to Prestige. Why Chris just handed this over to Evan is beyond me. Maybe Evan gave him some song and dance BS story to get it. Or he was suppose to take it to the DMV to put it in his name but had no intention to do so. Now that leaves no room left on the reverse side of the title to fill out to get my name on it to take to the DMV.
    So this whole pile of worthless paperwork has to be sorted out by Chris before it can be released to me. And as Evan kicks back and has nothing to worry about because he didn't put his name on anything. It's like dealing with an irresponsible teenager.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mattsimis View Post
    3.91 Diff on the 6sp box is mad, as in bad. Im sure it pulls great through the gears, but you are gonna need serious shifting to keep it in the power band. Im guessing 60mph needs 3rd now too.
    Seems to be the opposite of what you want or need in a FI car (such a high ratio).

No doubt. When I had a 86 325e I put a LSD from a 635Csi (changed axle flanges to fit) and I went from a 2.93 to a 3.64 dif ratio
    Needless to say I was redlining in 5th doing 80 mph on the freeway
    Last edited by Bimmerman4ever; 02-08-2015 at 04:06 PM. Reason: errors

My Cars
    01 Audi S8
    Got the paperwork from Chris (Prestige Pre-Owned) misc docs you would get if buying from a dealer.
    Although the title wasn't included (would come later) the sales contract was enough for the DMV for me to register it.

Of course I couldn't get a hold of Evan to share the news.
    Was disappointed that the front struts are blown, center drag link was bad. Also issue with a rear control arm, throttle body gasket leak, and driver side pre-tensioner causing airbag light. But sounds above par considering Evan's reputation.

Update:

After bitching and moaning about the blown struts, leaky gaskets, exhaust leak, airbag light pretensioner issue, bad cat(s), stripped out bolt on throttle body gasket PITA replacement, a smelly smokers car, amongst other things, he (Evan) reimbursed $150 towards the repairs.
    Will put that towards replacing the hair I pulled out from dealing with this mess.
    But glad Chris came through with expediting the docs so I can get it registered and actually drive the car after several weeks of waiting.
    Last edited by Bimmerman4ever; 02-11-2015 at 05:30 PM.

My Cars
    01 Audi S8

Angry Evan is still at it

Quote Originally Posted by Ziminskas View Post
    DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!! The seller you'd be dealing with is Evan Esterman. He took my $5000 down payment and ran. BEWARE!!!
    Revisiting an old thread...

Was browsing the SF CL listing and looks like Evan is still at it. Several BMWs for sale with his name and phone #. I wish someone would shut him down or at least fine him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12