Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dinan twin turbo

My Cars
    koenig ks8 /e31 850c

Dinan twin turbo

http://germancarsforsaleblog.com/hol...bo-dinan-850i/
    Has anyone got information on Hamann 850i with a supercharger?

My Cars
    '91 850Ci Auto
    Isn't this the same one that keeps going around with people buying it, notching the price up a little and then selling it on?

My Cars
    '93 850Ci- Daily Driver
    Ryan Z. Tried to buy this car a while back and the seller tried to pull some scam on him. There seem to be alot of "red flags" on this one...
    '93 850Ci - Mineralweiß Metallic

2001 740iL - Titansilber
    ALPINA B7 -Alpinweiß III

...the price of cool ain't cheap!

My Cars
    Dinan 8
    I'm not sure why anyone really cares about this car. Anyone interested in a Dinan TT should head over to Roadfly. There is a very nice TT with extensive upgades available for just a few $k more.

-JRW

Glacier Blue 1991 Dinan 8 | Chasis CB73392 | 1 of 50 Produced
    Built for PGA Pro Mark Calcavecchia
    Twin Turbo 5.0L V12 w/ Air-to-Air Intercoolers
    525hp - 589ft/lbs tq

My Cars
    2001 325Ci
    http://www.roadfly.com/bmw/classifie...php?view=45879
    Wow! that is some machine.

But steering wheel is on the wrong side for driving in Blighty! lol

Did any of the them ever make it to this side of the pond?
    Last edited by Ascension; 08-21-2010 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Life is for thriving, Not surviving!

My Cars
    not enough
    OMG...the black dinan 8 on that link is absolutely gorgeous!

Super documented, tip-top shape, and 6speed!
    CB42366 - 1991 850i 6-speed. Brilliantrot & Black Nappa Leather
    CD00144 - 1994 850CSi. Hellrot & Black Nappa Leather

My other projects:
    Supercharged Tbirds, V8 Tbirds, V8 Mustang Convertible, Audi V8 Quattro & Audi S8

My Cars
    X5M E70 and E28 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    3.91 Diff on the 6sp box is mad, as in bad. Im sure it pulls great through the gears, but you are gonna need serious shifting to keep it in the power band. Im guessing 60mph needs 3rd now too.
    Seems to be the opposite of what you want or need in a FI car (such a high ratio).
    Last edited by mattsimis; 08-21-2010 at 05:26 PM.

My Cars
    Misc.
    It's a typo. It's a 2.93LS

My Cars
    1991 850i 6-Speed, M5
    DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!! The seller you'd be dealing with is Evan Esterman. He took my $5000 down payment and ran. BEWARE!!!
    Mano Nešioti Rankos

My Cars
    Dinan 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziminskas View Post
    DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!! The seller you'd be dealing with is Evan Esterman. He took my $5000 down payment and ran. BEWARE!!!
    Wow, that is very interesting. My understanding it that he has thise stage II car and also a stage III car as well. The username and phone number are for a Dave.

Can you provide any more information?

-JRW

Glacier Blue 1991 Dinan 8 | Chasis CB73392 | 1 of 50 Produced
    Built for PGA Pro Mark Calcavecchia
    Twin Turbo 5.0L V12 w/ Air-to-Air Intercoolers
    525hp - 589ft/lbs tq

My Cars
    91 850 Panzer
    This is Dave Habigers car and it is better than advertised, believe me. Yes, Dave also has a Stage III TT. This is no scam if you are talking with Dave. I was the one that delivered it to him in Chicago after picking it up at the Dinan Shop in Mountainview Ca. Car ran like a top and scared the bejesus out of me on occasion with its effortless power. Since it left Dinan, Dave has spared no expense (as evidenced by his ad) to maintain and improve this car. Buy it - you will not be disappointed.
    Tom
    91 850 (Panzer), 2012 Mini Cooper Countryman (WifeMobile) www.wuffer.ca

My Cars
    1991 850i 6-Speed, M5
    I never dealt with anyone named Dave. Is he the actual owner of the calypso TT? Because I was scammed by evan who was a middleman for the actual owner.

I was scammed in a deal with the calypso TT that koenig d linked to, not the one for sale on roadfly.
    Last edited by Ziminskas; 08-22-2010 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Mano Nešioti Rankos

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    Vin?
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    91 850 Panzer
    I think we are confusing two different cars and owners here. I cannot comment on the Stage II Calypso but can confirm Dave owns the Diamond Black Stage II and IIRC, a Calypso Stage III with the same wheels as his Stage II. Dave wouldnt use a middleman.

My Cars
    Ducati 916
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziminskas View Post
    Was this Evan out of Burlingame, CA ?
    When in doubt, drive flat out!

My Cars
    1991 850i 6-Speed, M5
    Quote Originally Posted by moomba View Post
    Was this Evan out of Burlingame, CA ?
    Yes, it was Evan out of Burlingame. I am still working with DPS out there on a complaint and they've told me that I'm not the first one with a complaint on his business. Apparently, he doesn't even have a license to sell cars...they've also told me that I probably wont be getting my $5000 back unless I take him to civil court.

Wuffer, we were confused; I was not commenting on Dave's black TT for sale. I have had no experience with him and am sure that if you give your seal of approval to him, then he is legitimate.
    Mano Nešioti Rankos

My Cars
    91 850 Panzer
    No worries, was just trying to clarify the situation. Dave is a straight shooter for sure.

My Cars
    01 Audi S8

Question Evan Esterman

I'm sorry to hear that about Evan. I've done a trade with him with a 91 Jaguar XJS I had for a 91 Mercedes 300TE 4MATIC. Which I think the Merc is in much better condition. He even gave me another good set of tires and some extra cash for a part I needed after the trade was completed.

My Cars
    01 Audi S8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmerman4ever View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that about Evan. I've done a trade with him with a 91 Jaguar XJS I had for a 91 Mercedes 300TE 4MATIC. Which I think the Merc is in much better condition. He even gave me another good set of tires and some extra cash for a part I needed after the trade was completed.
    Later note

Seems like Evan has changed.
    Recently worked a deal (cash+trade) with him that went on for a few days.
    Just before the day I'm suppose to meet him he emails me late at night and says he isn't going to do it because he doesn't even have the title.
    Then he tries to pawn off some other trade that is a crappy old car and totally different than the model I wanted in the first place.
    From other contacts with him in the past I suspect he's a gambler and probably gambles with other peoples down payments.
    I think he's been lying to people for so long he actually thinks that we're all gullible enough to believe it.

He needs to get his act together because either he'll be red flagged all over car forums or worse be thrown in jail.
    Last edited by Bimmerman4ever; 12-27-2014 at 01:18 PM.

My Cars
    E31 & E39

My Cars
    01 Audi S8
    Well this is the latest with Evan. I decided to do a trade for a 98 BMW 540i for my 92 MBZ 500sl. The bimmer has a salvaged title from a minor low speed front bumper accident that was then replace with a M5 bumper. To sum things up for both cars, they need a few things to be close to prefect and I got some cash out of the deal so that's why I did it.

BUT....

The title wasn't even in Evans name, he did a deal with a friend (Chris) that runs Prestige Pre-Owned in Campbell CA. The title had the previous owner that financed it through PPO (Chris) but then he signed it over improperly with screwed up the title.

To make a long story short, it has been over 2 weeks since I did the trade and it's just now Chris is sending me paperwork to sign.
    But what "paperwork" I'm not exactly sure. Since all I really need is a 262 and 227 form so I can get the DMV reg/title from CA to NV.
    Though Chris said he needed me to sign some other docs send them back before I even see the 262/227 forms.

I've never bought from a dealer before so can someone enlighten me on why he is dragging his feet about the matter.
    And what other docs could he be talking about???
    And I think the CA reg expired two months ago.
    Would he be liable for any back reg fees due?
    Last edited by Bimmerman4ever; 02-07-2015 at 05:56 PM.

My Cars
    1997 840ci
    Jesus Christ Bimmerman4ever, you're subscribed to this thread where it's been made abundantly clear this guy Evan is a scam artist, or disreputable at best. Why are you still dealing with him?

My Cars
    01 Audi S8

My Cars
    1997 840ci
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmerman4ever View Post
    Didn't really address my question. But thanks for taking the time.
    Sorry you're right... your question was: "I've never bought from a dealer before so can someone enlighten me on why he is dragging his feet about the matter."

Answer: given the fact that he's a known cheat, has screwed over several people (including YOU), he's probably dragging his feet because you're getting f'd again.

My Cars
    01 Audi S8
    I'm asking about what dealers have to do about clearing up a title with errors. I was hoping for someone intelligent enough to figure that out
    Last edited by Bimmerman4ever; 02-07-2015 at 11:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast