Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: E30 S52 turbo track toy build

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Quote Originally Posted by wazzu70 View Post
    Are you using some sort of idle control such as spark cut?
    Not sure what spark cut idle control is but no, I don't do anything for idle control other than propping the butterfly open.

My Cars
    mostly bmw
    Is there any progress on this, or do we just powerlift now?

..Yeah, that might be said with jealousy.
    95 turbo 330ti. 01 maxpsi m3 e85. 01 m5. 01 m coupe. 03 AIM 996t e85. 06 x3 w/Meyers plow and winter daily. Prussian Motors is hiring!! prussianmotors.com/jobs
    Current e39t LS Turbo swap: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...LS-e39-Touring

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Quote Originally Posted by bubela View Post
    Is there any progress on this, or do we just powerlift now?

..Yeah, that might be said with jealousy.
    Remember when I came to your house and said I would never have sex with you, ever? Well, forget all that.

I didn't want to do an update without the engine having fired but I guess now I have to.

Been worried about fuel spillage with an open vent. There was nothing readily available I could use, so I built this puppy. Been meaning to get some practice with the spool gun. It's ugly but it's watertight. Tank vent goes into the left side, and on the other side is a tip-over ball valve, which will get a breather filter on it.

Oil lines are finally done. Don't have any uptodate pics because it was so frustrating. It was going smoothly, the huge oil cooler just fit. Then I mounted up the wheels and where the oil filter mount cleared the 275s, with the 305s on 10" rims... not so much. Had to cut it off and move it, but same general idea.

Speaking of the wheels, my experience with Fikse has been amazing. They earned a bad rap over the past few years for horrid delivery times but since Kodiak bought them, it's night and day. Plus they're Canadian so I bought domestic! The quality is... just damn, like jewellery

This weekend, I start fitting them... going to cut the stock fenders and make an attempt at making a fender flare. First I'll make a frame out of 3/16" rod, and try to sheet it with metal after. I'm holding my breath that I think my plan will work, but if not, default to foam/fiberglass.

Rough flare design:

I also hope to finish wiring the engine and do the fuel lines, so I can tow it to have the chargepipes and exhaust done... cause then it's time to fire it up.

Speaking of fire, I decided I'm going to try to make it work on E85. Boris sold me. I thought it's just 100 octane. So if I can get ridiculous knock resistance, cooler running, and cheaper than regular price (vs $11/gal for race gas with inferior det resistance), stupid not to...
    Last edited by TheJuggernaut; 01-27-2012 at 07:11 PM.

milKt is offline ßMW///MµrÐêr§þðr†
    My Cars
    95M3t 95M3 92525iT 95525
    Getting closer. You've still got a ton of work to do.
    Chip away. Just chip away. Your car will be NO joke.

I would so chill out on a badass green leather sofa.

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Yeah, it's that stage right now where there's a lot of small, uninteresting work to do that COULD be finished in a few weeks but will take months because I've lost interest in it.

My Cars
    95M3t 95M3 92525iT 95525
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJuggernaut View Post
    Yeah, it's that stage right now where there's a lot of small, uninteresting work to do that COULD be finished in a few weeks but will take months because I've lost interest in it.
    I fvckin' hate that.

My Cars
    e30
    This is my favorite project on the forums here! Corn juice and Fiske just makes it even better!!
    -Nick
    91 E30 M42 on VEMS

Turbo Camshaft Thread

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Thanks dude, much appreciated! Hope I can deliver and make it work soon

My Cars
    e30
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJuggernaut View Post
    Thanks dude, much appreciated! Hope I can deliver and make it work soon
    No worries on that. A sloth just passed my project like its standing still! Taking forever.
    -Nick
    91 E30 M42 on VEMS

Turbo Camshaft Thread

My Cars
    mostly bmw
    You just need mud flaps.

What are the blue gloves on the left front fender for?..
    95 turbo 330ti. 01 maxpsi m3 e85. 01 m5. 01 m coupe. 03 AIM 996t e85. 06 x3 w/Meyers plow and winter daily. Prussian Motors is hiring!! prussianmotors.com/jobs
    Current e39t LS Turbo swap: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...LS-e39-Touring

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Good luck getting those monsters to fit with the flares. (and I mean that sincerly.) They're a PITA, even in hackjob fiberglass Wheels look great!

-Mike
    IG: @mikevanshellenbeck

My Cars
    none
    Hes making custom flares, wont need too much luck. Now if he was triming an off the shelf item then yeah fvck that! Thoes wheels are wayyy to wide for anything I've seen, store bought wise. Plus 1 for doing it in metal!

I think I hate you Juggernaut, Fikse wheels have been my all time dream wheel. Props to you!!

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby Colbs View Post
    Hes making custom flares, wont need too much luck. Now if he was triming an off the shelf item then yeah fvck that! Thoes wheels are wayyy to wide for anything I've seen, store bought wise. Plus 1 for doing it in metal!

I think I hate you Juggernaut, Fikse wheels have been my all time dream wheel. Props to you!!
    I know, I'm just looking at how big those tires are and considering suspension travel. It's difficult to maintain travel, not have rubbing, and have something that large clear. That's all I'm sure he has it under control

-Mike
    IG: @mikevanshellenbeck

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    If only my car was progressing as well as my bench

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-L5VpHcZzs[/ame]

Thanks guys! Yeah I tried to find aftermarket flares wide enough but like Colby says, nothing comes close for the rear.

Thanks man, I don't have your fab skills but I think I have a decent strategy to make them look alright. Maybe later when I get the car resprayed I can get a bodyshop to make them look a bit more pro but I hope mine will turn out ok. If not, then I'll go back to foam/fiberglas, but first I have to try this way.

Haha yeah, me too, since I saw a set of FM5s on a friend's E34. Always thought they're out of my price range but after looking around and almost being owned by a scammer (forged specialties, turned out to be chinese crap), and then asking Fikse for a quote, I realized that while they're a bit more than CCW, they're actually cheaper than the rest of the custom wheel market.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeE36 View Post
    I know, I'm just looking at how big those tires are and considering suspension travel. It's difficult to maintain travel, not have rubbing, and have something that large clear. That's all I'm sure he has it under control

-Mike
    Well first order of business today is to cut the stock fenders and straighten/weld the inner fender so I have the same travel range as stock. Then add the flare so it's again not an open wheel car...
    Last edited by TheJuggernaut; 01-28-2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    95M3t 95M3 92525iT 95525
    Looks like we know who is gonna pwn Bubela.

"You...know...not."
    So classic

My Cars
    #Project333Ti & Z3 Coupe
    Nice bench!

Epic race car thread is epic!

My Cars
    FrankBuilt 95 TRM3
    I like how the only tires you run are hoosiers!

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianLove View Post
    I like how the only tires you run are hoosiers!
    It's the best grassroots brand. They're very close to the level of grip you'd get from a professional level racing slick but they're not much more expensive than consumer grade R comps. Plus there are a bunch of racing series where you can get season old new, or current slightly used tires (the pro boys with their Pirellis and Michelins take their poop back to the factory).

Quote Originally Posted by wazzu70 View Post
    No worries on that. A sloth just passed my project like its standing still! Taking forever.
    Had grandiose plans for today. Got home from the gym, posted the video, took a nap. Woke up, it's 2:30... ok I'll just watch the start of the 24hr Rolex and then go to the garage. Still watching the race Hopefully I'm more inspired tomorrow. It's the perfect weekend too: no football, wife's at work all weekend, nothing else really happening. Pissed away half of it so far.
    Last edited by TheJuggernaut; 01-28-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    FrankBuilt 95 TRM3
    I am going to give you a little motivation

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPJUmerxd1Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPJUmerxd1Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

My Cars
    #Project333Ti & Z3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianLove View Post
    I am going to give you a little motivation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPJUm...e_gdata_player
    Awesome video!

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    You guys are gonna think my brain is broken but I never liked 911s. I respect them as machines and their racing pedigree but I find them as interesting as brown grocery bags.

My Cars
    FrankBuilt 95 TRM3
    Alright well here is another e85 in action

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIkB6Zl1wc8&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIkB6Zl1wc8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    This was actually a big part of the motivation early on. I hope to make a video of me booking it around mosport with that kind of hustle or better, yelling UNLIMITED POWAAAAAR!

(ffwd to 1:20)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFjpJpTcErU[/ame]

My Cars
    95M3t 95M3 92525iT 95525
    That Supra looks like it handles horrifically, shuddering and slipping,
    but once straightened out, says, "Buh bye."

My Cars
    93' Turbo e34, 04' Ram
    ^ oh dear lord

TRM Turbo, Hybrid Audio Technologies stereo, S50 Cams, list goes on and on and on...

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast