Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1989 535i - sold
    1999 M3 Tiag/Dove - sold
    1998 M3 Turbo Arctic/black - current
    2004 Built motor TiAg/Black - Sold
    2008 E61 19T Turbo-Wagon - current
    2011 E82 135i - S85 Swap - current
    1998 M3 Cosmos S54 swapped Sedan - current

1998 Turbo: PTE6870 | 1.15 ar | Hp Cover, Custom Divided T4 bottom-mount, 3.5" SS exhaust, Dual Turbosmart Compgates, Turbosmart Raceport BOV, 3.5" Treadstone Intercooler, 3.5" Vibrant resonator and muffler, Arp 2k Headstuds | Arp 2k Main studs | 87mm Je pistons | Eagle rods | 9.2:1 static compression, Ces 87mm cutring, Custom solid rear subframe bushings, Akg 85d diff bushings, 4 clutch 3.15 diff, , Poly engine mounts, UUC trans mounts W/ enforcers, 22RPD OBD2 Stock ECU id1700 E85 tune, 22RPD Big power Transmission swap w/ GS6-53

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJuggernaut View Post
    As if anyone would buy it
    I could get a good amount $ in scrap for that wing alone. So, might be an investment.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Don't forget the 3/4 tank full of E98, that doubles the car value.

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    Love it dude! I just saw your new youtube video the other day and was excited to see it back out! What kind of dry sump setup is that? What page is it on? I'd love to check it out and see more details on that. The car looks fantastic.

Mike
    IG: @mikevanshellenbeck

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeE36 View Post
    Love it dude! I just saw your new youtube video the other day and was excited to see it back out! What kind of dry sump setup is that? What page is it on? I'd love to check it out and see more details on that. The car looks fantastic.

Mike
    Thanks man, yeah just got the gopro going for the last session so didn't turn out too exciting. It started misfiring just as I started turning it up but I was pogoing off the splitter as I went over 1.5G so I was going to go home anyway. ANZE is making me longer strut bodies to raise the front more. But I'm just happy that the engine sealed so I should be starting next season on the right foot, address the problems that came up, put in the 4 speed and take it to big boy tracks next year.

The drysump is from Armstrong Race Engineering, drysump.com. I'm going to send them a drawing of my mounting plate this weekend, they are going to make a CNC file so they will offer a bracket to mount the pump in place of the AC compressor.

I've been keeping most of the updates at the GRM forum under the most clickbait title ever because I get almost no traffic there so the thread stays pretty clean like a diary. About 1/3 of the way down on p7:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/fo...e/75671/page7/

My Cars
    '97 M3
    Why don't you reconfigure the order of the cylinder cut in the Raceligic so that you don't have that issue?

'97 M3, Estoril blue, 2 dr, euro 6-spd, EFR 9180 divided T4 .92 IWG, RK tuning, CP 8.5:1 pistons, Eagle rods, Schrick cams, L19 11 mm ARP studs, O-ringed block, Supertech stainless/inconel valves, Supertech springs & Ti retainers, ported head, S54 oil pump/pan, 80 lb. injectors, OBD1 intake manifold, Steedspeed twin scroll T4, 3.5" SS exhaust, eBoost2 EBC, HFS-4 W/M injection, AEM Failsafe, Zeitronix data logger, Racelogic TC, OpenOBC w. ethanol %, Ireland Eng. engine mounts, UUC black tranny mounts w. enforcers, UUC twin disc feramic, ARC-8's, MCS 2-ways, Z3 rack, Rallyroad strut bar, X brace, Eibach sway bars, Ground Control LCAB bushings, Bimmerworld RTAB's, Powerflex subframe bushings, 210 4-clutch LSD, Stoptech BBK, titainium shims, steel braided lines, brake cooling ducts.

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Quote Originally Posted by chikinhed View Post
    Why don't you reconfigure the order of the cylinder cut in the Raceligic so that you don't have that issue?

Unless it can be randomized, the order isn't the problem, it's the repeat riding of the same strategy and constantly cutting fuel at this boost is dangerous due to fuel puddle - may have even lead to my MLS failures. Well, the real problem is I have no boost control so I'm depending on the TC to control boost which is ass backwards. I have an 18lb spring boosting to 33-34psi. So I'll fix that and do proper boost by gear with 8psi in the low gears, and leave the TC to be a last resort intervention.

My Cars
    E36 M3 Turbo, 2015 GTI,
    That thing is awesome...I'll be taking my car for a few track days at the end of the year/next year. How laggy is it? When you're boogeying and keeping the R's up is it pretty progressive? My biggest concern with My Billet wheel 3586 (Steed speed twin scroll) is the lag. I've run at a lot of tracks, but it's always been NA (Porsche's, Z06, ETC.) Turbo FWD, or Mx5 Cup/Chumpcar...Not a peaky 500whp...
    Ken

95' Dakar M3
    (GT35) 500whp+ and no clue what I'm doing....
    Steedspeed Twin-scroll Manifold, Wiseco 8.8:1 CR, K1 Rods, Supertech Valvetrain, ARP Main Studs, o-ring block, GTR 12mm head studs, GT35R with 86mm HTA billet compressor wheel (GT3586RHTA) Twin-Scroll 1.06 AR, Schrick Cams, TRM Tuning, 6 Speed Transmission, UUC Twin Disc Clutch, HFS-6 W/M injection, Zeitronix, Coilovers, Chassis Stuffs.

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicker10u View Post
    That thing is awesome...I'll be taking my car for a few track days at the end of the year/next year. How laggy is it? When you're boogeying and keeping the R's up is it pretty progressive? My biggest concern with My Billet wheel 3586 (Steed speed twin scroll) is the lag. I've run at a lot of tracks, but it's always been NA (Porsche's, Z06, ETC.) Turbo FWD, or Mx5 Cup/Chumpcar...Not a peaky 500whp...
    Thanks! It's the most driveable 1000hp car in the world. The turbo helps a lot because unlike NA cars with this power level, you don't have to be ready to dial in 270 degrees of opposite lock the moment you touch the gas. In fact your car may even be a little harder to handle since your turbo will hit harder initially. And the EFR characteristics make a huge difference in having a turbo this big come back very quickly in transition between corners (logs show once I'm back on the gas at the apex, I'm in boost 0.1s later). If you can track a C6 Z06 aggressively, you'll find your car much easier to drive. Even when my traction control wasn't working last year and I bypassed it, it was still fine, just had to modulate it in higher boost.

My Cars
    E36 M3 Turbo, 2015 GTI,
    Thanks! It's the most driveable 1000hp car in the world. The turbo helps a lot because unlike NA cars with this power level, you don't have to be ready to dial in 270 degrees of opposite lock the moment you touch the gas. In fact your car may even be a little harder to handle since your turbo will hit harder initially. And the EFR characteristics make a huge difference in having a turbo this big come back very quickly in transition between corners (logs show once I'm back on the gas at the apex, I'm in boost 0.1s later). If you can track a C6 Z06 aggressively, you'll find your car much easier to drive. Even when my traction control wasn't working last year and I bypassed it, it was still fine, just had to modulate it in higher boost.
    True. I think tire choice is going to make the biggest difference for me. The GT35 does want to just blast the tires off (Pilot SS) at anything above 15PSI in 3rd so hopefully a 100-200 Treadwear tire and a good alignment will make sure I can get the power down. What are you running for Camber front and back? I'm especially curious about the rear for contact patch reasons on corner exit...
    Ken

95' Dakar M3
    (GT35) 500whp+ and no clue what I'm doing....
    Steedspeed Twin-scroll Manifold, Wiseco 8.8:1 CR, K1 Rods, Supertech Valvetrain, ARP Main Studs, o-ring block, GTR 12mm head studs, GT35R with 86mm HTA billet compressor wheel (GT3586RHTA) Twin-Scroll 1.06 AR, Schrick Cams, TRM Tuning, 6 Speed Transmission, UUC Twin Disc Clutch, HFS-6 W/M injection, Zeitronix, Coilovers, Chassis Stuffs.

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicker10u View Post
    True. I think tire choice is going to make the biggest difference for me. The GT35 does want to just blast the tires off (Pilot SS) at anything above 15PSI in 3rd so hopefully a 100-200 Treadwear tire and a good alignment will make sure I can get the power down. What are you running for Camber front and back? I'm especially curious about the rear for contact patch reasons on corner exit...
    The Pilots are a good tire. Past a certain point you just need more rubber. I run 335 A7s and they still get blown off in anything other than top gear, also thanks to downforce. Street tires will hit better initially but unless you are really careful with not sliding around and spinning them up, they will be cooked after 2-3 laps and you'll just be driving around on grease.

I run -3.3 front and -2 rear. Seems good so far with tire temps and wear but I need to do a lot more testing to say. I am prepared/expecting to add more upfront.

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Precious is finally home! Almost ready to go in, Perry's bellhousing is waiting to be penetrated. Need to fab up the transmission brace and then measure and order the driveshaft (3 1/4" carbon for $500, gotta love domestic stuff)

299yOwX.jpg

jnVupLD.jpg

HFIBQ5P.jpg

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    First order of business, field strip to install the pump drive gear and pump. Pretty stressful to disassemble something I'd been lusting after for 3 years but it was designed to be super easy to service. They even told me that they designed it with feedback from NASCAR crews who bitched about changing gear ratios in the GF4as and T101s so this thing is designed to be almost as easy to change ratios as a quickchange diff - pop the top, pop the tail housing, 3 bolts on the rear plate, 2 bolts on the mid plate and the guts slide out. Everything is very precisely slip fit machined so you don't need any special tools. But sliding it together the first time was a bit of a pain since it all needed to be lined up just right then it goes together in a very satisfying manner. It took me a few attempts to find the right way to do it. I tried to minimize how much I had to take out so I didn't need to worry about putting it back together right (even though the diagram is very detailed about the order of things incl part numbers which are stamped on). But if you basically slip everything off except the input shaft, and then carefull reinsert the whole shebang, it's very easy.

Also installed a different shifter setback console. Now the shifter will sit in the exact same location as stock

5vZfnYu.jpg

RDDedWx.jpg

My Cars
    BMWs
    Wow man - super jealous! What trans, I must have missed it

My Cars
    98 m3
    Straight cut doggity. Mmhm

1989 535i - sold
    1999 M3 Tiag/Dove - sold
    1998 M3 Turbo Arctic/black - current
    2004 Built motor TiAg/Black - Sold
    2008 E61 19T Turbo-Wagon - current
    2011 E82 135i - S85 Swap - current
    1998 M3 Cosmos S54 swapped Sedan - current

1998 Turbo: PTE6870 | 1.15 ar | Hp Cover, Custom Divided T4 bottom-mount, 3.5" SS exhaust, Dual Turbosmart Compgates, Turbosmart Raceport BOV, 3.5" Treadstone Intercooler, 3.5" Vibrant resonator and muffler, Arp 2k Headstuds | Arp 2k Main studs | 87mm Je pistons | Eagle rods | 9.2:1 static compression, Ces 87mm cutring, Custom solid rear subframe bushings, Akg 85d diff bushings, 4 clutch 3.15 diff, , Poly engine mounts, UUC trans mounts W/ enforcers, 22RPD OBD2 Stock ECU id1700 E85 tune, 22RPD Big power Transmission swap w/ GS6-53

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Quote Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 View Post
    Wow man - super jealous! What trans, I must have missed it
    Hey mysterious stranger! GForce GSR, the current NASCAR gearbox

milKt is offline ßMW///MµrÐêr§þðr†
    My Cars
    95M3t 95M3 92525iT 95525
    Are you losing weight?

BTW<
    pic of the year for BFC/FI

If that's a not a thumb in your mouth...I know what is.

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Quote Originally Posted by milKt View Post
    Are you losing weight?
    Yeah, down from 345 to 215 in the last couple of years.

My Cars
    BMWs
    Yeah, down from 345 to 215 in the last couple of years.
    Yeah man was going to say, looking good! Nascar transmission - wtf. Where do you get that sort of thing?

I should do cars again... or... maybe not lol.

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Yeah man was going to say, looking good! Nascar transmission - wtf. Where do you get that sort of thing?

I should do cars again... or... maybe not lol.
    Internets, got mine off racingjunk from a guy who got one fresh built to make a drifting project but bailed, so I ended up saving like 3 grand. Google GForce GSR

Thanks! Yeah it's pretty hilarious doing comparisons, here's 2014ish vs this summer

DF8Tj-uVwAAYBCp.jpg

My Cars
    86 325es
    My dad bod is coming along nicely

86 325es, 2.8L m50, S476sxe, ProEFI 128 ecu, e85, solid rear axle, TH400 trans, 28x10.5w slicks, zip ties, popsicle sticks, tape
    best time 9.06 @ 151.8 mph, best 60 foot 1.30

My Cars
    BMWs
    Internets, got mine off racingjunk from a guy who got one fresh built to make a drifting project but bailed, so I ended up saving like 3 grand. Google GForce GSR

Thanks! Yeah it's pretty hilarious doing comparisons, here's 2014ish vs this summer
    Damn D, good job. I should follow. I've been trying to eat healthier/etc. and have been able to drop about 16 pounds in the last 8 weeks or so. Keep it up!

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Damn D, good job. I should follow. I've been trying to eat healthier/etc. and have been able to drop about 16 pounds in the last 8 weeks or so. Keep it up!
    Thanks man. Eating healthy and exercising and all that shit is great but if you want to lose weight you have to go a little hungry, no way around it.

My Cars
    BMWs
    Thanks man. Eating healthy and exercising and all that shit is great but if you want to lose weight you have to go a little hungry, no way around it.
    Yep totally agree - my nerves have been up for a bit so my appetite made it easier

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Yep totally agree - my nerves have been up for a bit so my appetite made it easier
    Yeah that was one of the game changers for me, realizing that there are foods that are no different than a drug for an addict - I don't eat them because I need sustenance but because it feels good. The definition of an addict that I like is nothing to do with quantity (like how much you drink), but when you do something even though you're aware of dire consequences (like getting drunk knowing you'll get fired). And even though I know the health consequences of being fat and just not even wanting it, and knowing that eating too many grains and sugars will lead me there... I can't just eat a little bit of bread or pasta, one donut, small handful of chips out of the bag... so I treat it like an addiction, I just cut it all out and that allowed me to eat less for pretty much the first time in my life. We bullshit ourselves way too much, and it's so easy when you're the only one who gives a fuck. It's one thing when you're in pro bodybuilder contest shape to allow yourself to hit up a pizza. But when you're not, you're just full of shit making up excuses which make you fail.

It's a lot more productive for the future at least, to just be honest with yourself. If you don't want to do this then just say it, like you are. Yeah I'd like to lose weight but right now the pleasure from tasty food is more important to me. I didn't recognize it at the time but one time as a teenager, in the process of absorbing all the self righteous bullshit that comes with being a stupid kid, I condescendingly asked my mom if she didn't realize the health risks of smoking. She said I do, but without cigarettes and sweets I'd rather be dead. And that's what it is - necessity. What really matters to you right now? Decide and stop worrying about it until your necessity changes.

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738394041 LastLast