Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: E30 S52 turbo track toy build

My Cars
    85 318i
    Finding a very good engine builder/machine shop is difficult and with the serious hardware going into the engine you don't want 1/2 assidness. My machinist is a hour drive away and well worth it.
    My manifolds powering 8sec and over 1000rwp cars
    Home of the highest HP stock M30 in the world 550rwhp/622rwtq
    1/4 mile---> 9.81 @138 C4 Auto
    10.08 in car vid --->https://youtu.be/OiinFhUomjg
    Dyno vid... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7aM7..._order&list=UL

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Quote Originally Posted by good & tight View Post
    Finding a very good engine builder/machine shop is difficult and with the serious hardware going into the engine you don't want 1/2 assidness. My machinist is a hour drive away and well worth it.
    Exactly. I basically wanted to find someone who would obsess over things the way I would, not one of those "ahh don't worry bout it" guys, and has the skill/experience behind it. The first sign that he was my guy was when I told him that I'd be doing the engine install. He kinda cringed and said ok but I insist on being present during first start-up.

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Looks like an adult vs kiddy arm

My Cars
    85 318i
    Nice..!! Do you need to add the subframe camber & toe kit on?
    My manifolds powering 8sec and over 1000rwp cars
    Home of the highest HP stock M30 in the world 550rwhp/622rwtq
    1/4 mile---> 9.81 @138 C4 Auto
    10.08 in car vid --->https://youtu.be/OiinFhUomjg
    Dyno vid... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7aM7..._order&list=UL

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    No but I'm most likely going to add it. No better time. Want to get the subframe cleaned up anyway.

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Got my M3 fronts too, waiting for the front GC struts to arrive with the race Konis, should be good for 900-1000 lbs.

Early birthday present today, from the wife!!! She must have gone all 007 snooping my email for stuff I wanted, I was really unsure if I'd be getting this stuff because the engine build budget was getting out of hand (especially since my initial plans in the spring were .140 MLS, ARP studs and 400whp...). Nitrided +1 intakes, Inconel exhausts, Stewart pump!

(yes my background on all 3 monitors are my glorious rods/pistons, big woop, wanna fight about it :P)

My Cars
    '15 228i M | '15 320i
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJuggernaut View Post
    Got my M3 fronts too, waiting for the front GC struts to arrive with the race Konis, should be good for 900-1000 lbs.

Early birthday present today, from the wife!!! She must have gone all 007 snooping my email for stuff I wanted, I was really unsure if I'd be getting this stuff because the engine build budget was getting out of hand (especially since my initial plans in the spring were .140 MLS, ARP studs and 400whp...). Nitrided +1 intakes, Inconel exhausts, Stewart pump!

(yes my background on all 3 monitors are my glorious rods/pistons, big woop, wanna fight about it :P)

Send me a PM with your screen resolution and I'll whip together a few nice background's that are even higher quality

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Quote Originally Posted by Maciej View Post
    Send me a PM with your screen resolution and I'll whip together a few nice background's that are even higher quality
    *rubs hands*

My Cars
    E30 M3 turbo

sick birthday present!! sounds like you have a keeper

i should leave bigger clues for my wife

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter3k View Post
    sick birthday present!! sounds like you have a keeper

i should leave bigger clues for my wife
    Thanks man, I agree!

My Cars
    '15 228i M | '15 320i
    *rubs hands*

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Set As Desktop Background... *click*

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Exciting [to me] update, my MCoupe diff arrived. Sprayed it down with some foaming cleaner. In the E30 world, it feels so unnatural to see a diff with zero rust on it! Made me think that I now basically have a long wheelbase MCoupe with an E30 shell on it.

My E36 GC struts with Koni racing shocks shipped today. Next order of business is to start going broke on the AN lines and fittings. My fueling setup is really crystallizing. Going to get a late model 63L tank, put my pre-pump into it, buy another one for the other side (lets me keep my stock sender wiring too). These feed a 1L aluminum cylindrical tank mounted somewhere around the back seat/trunk. This tank has the 2 pre-pump feeds, fuel rail return feed, overflow output to the main tank up high, and a low output to the high pressure pump. Something similar to what Lee Vuong does:

My Cars
    mostly bmw
    This is going to be an insanely fun car. Love it.
    95 turbo 330ti. 01 maxpsi m3 e85. 01 m5. 01 m coupe. 03 AIM 996t e85. 06 x3 w/Meyers plow and winter daily. Prussian Motors is hiring!! prussianmotors.com/jobs
    Current e39t LS Turbo swap: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...LS-e39-Touring

My Cars
    2013 x1, 99 cherokee
    Neat fuel setup! Work looks very clean, something I appreciate
    Luke
    03 330i

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Dropped off a stack of green to the engine builder, things should get rolling soon.

Some non-FI progress, finished ripping the car apart, it is now nothing but a shell, dash and some wiring. Fuel tank came out surprisingly willingly.

My new front shocks arrived, E36 M3 GCs with race Konis. Gonna start bolting the suspension back together soon. I plan to redo the brake lines with a prop valve. Then once I get the big order from Summit, with the AN lines, fittings and fuel pump, gonna start putting the fuel system together.

Not sure what to do for an intercooler yet. I'm thinking I'll use a 31x12x4. It seems I can get one for anything between 75 and 500 bucks (or more), no idea what the difference is really. Turns out my builder is hooked up with Vibrant who are a town over... so I'll see what he can do for me.

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    The engine builder is taking his time (as I asked), hopefully soon will get to see things taken apart and ready for machining. Not much news on that front.

Everything else is a different story. The front end is pretty much ready to go. Put the M3 spindles together with the GC struts and Koni race shocks, 750 lb Eibachs. The eyelets that hold the motor mounts on the subframe crossmember are pretty sad looking. Cut off the top and welded a 5/16" plate on top and 1/8" brace on the bottom. Not goin ANYWHERE.

Keeping the discs/pads that came with the used bits while I get things bolted together and sorted.

Got some US made copies of M68s (although I think they're more of an MCountour with vaginas), 17x8.5 all around, will do nicely until I get the engine tuned and sorted, then the big meat will come. Centers nicely with the 96+ M3 hardware and THR lollies.

Started redoing the entire brake system too. Pulled out the old rear hard line, this weekend's task is to bend a new one to fit. Got a Wilwood prop valve, so will need to redo the lines at the master too. Finally ditch that questionable OE prop valve. Just like this:

Then I've got the MCoupe rear end ready to go on the subframe with new 75A bushings, and new E30 handbrake cables. I know that sounds boring but it's actually strangely exciting, since it contributes to the feeling that I have not half assed or "I can live with that" anything on this car anymore.

Ordered a new fuel tank too, will get another transfer pump and start redoing the fuel system. But first, I got my Summit order... my first time dealing with AN fittings, they're like jewelery!

Aeromotive adjustable FPR

Pump, filters and surge tank. The surge tank is China made CXRacing but terrific quality! I am blown away - cost 70 bucks new on ebay! I was suggested to add a flex line somewhere, maybe I'll add one between the surge tank and the pre-filter.

Ok but seriously, nothing prepared me for opening the pump box. None of the pics I've seen of it gave me enough obvious frame of reference. I assumed it was just a bit larger than the typical Bosch outboard pump... uh-uh honey. Decided to give everyone some well-known context for this behemoth:

At least if the car ever floods, I have a bilge pump...

That's it for now, some other odds and ends done but the focus is on finishing the suspension and getting the fuel system ready for when the engine is done. Then it's on to the lubrication (accusump, VAC billet filter block, cooler).
    Last edited by TheJuggernaut; 01-15-2011 at 03:40 PM.

My Cars
    66 chevelle, 89 turbo.
    You will definitely want to wear a jimmy every time you drive this thing... Dont want a sticky steering wheel...

My Cars
    325i
    nuts. you have my respect for doing that shit in a parking garage and dining room. i thought i was a redneck...

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo325ii View Post
    You will definitely want to wear a jimmy every time you drive this thing... Dont want a sticky steering wheel...
    LOL good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudflaps View Post
    nuts. you have my respect for doing that shit in a parking garage and dining room. i thought i was a redneck...
    Thanks man It takes the love of a woman who will let a man be a man - not with rolling eyes or begging followed by dictated compromise, but genuine support and even participation (or living alone lol)
    Last edited by TheJuggernaut; 01-15-2011 at 09:04 PM.

My Cars
    E30 S52 TURBO
    sick stuff! can't wait to see it all done. then we need to figure out how to get both our cars in the same place

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Quote Originally Posted by multiplex View Post
    sick stuff! can't wait to see it all done. then we need to figure out how to get both our cars in the same place
    Man that would be a wicked photoshoot - the prince and the pauper, the rod and the rat. :P Playdate at the Glen? Just don't sell it.

My Cars
    99 M3, SN95 Cobra
    Awesome build in the works man!
    1999 M3
    1997 Mustang Cobra

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Quote Originally Posted by M3 Beat View Post
    Awesome build in the works man!
    Thanks man! I have so much left to do and I already can't wait to see what it'll be like, so many changes, not just the big power. Sometimes I have trouble falling asleep cause I can't stop dreaming about what it'll be like...

My Cars
    325ti 325xi 323ci 325ix
    You fockin rock dude!

373 whp at 11psi e85 "winter blend" - Dyno Dynamics
    15psi now stock headgasket ~430+ whp - Butt Dyno

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast