Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: E30 S52 turbo track toy build

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Quote Originally Posted by milKt View Post
    That Supra looks like it handles horrifically, shuddering and slipping,
    but once straightened out, says, "Buh bye."
    It's pretty soft but it's also an exceptional driver, I believe he's a factory porker driver now

My Cars
    S13, Turbo M3
    That Supra looks like it handles horrifically, shuddering and slipping,
    but once straightened out, says, "Buh bye."
    LOL. Have you ever done a track day? Just curious.

-Mike
    IG: @mikevanshellenbeck

My Cars
    turbo m3
    Those fikse are so beautiful!
    This is my signature....

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoostedBmwM3 View Post
    Those fikse are so beautiful!
    Thanks man!

milKt is offline ßMW///MµrÐêr§þðr†
    My Cars
    95M3t 95M3 92525iT 95525
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJuggernaut View Post
    It's pretty soft but it's also an exceptional driver, I believe he's a factory porker driver now
    I would say he did VERY well with a whale.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeE36 View Post

-Mike
    hehe
    Mike,

Nope.
    My point a few posts back noted the scrappiness of the Supra's handling/shuddering,
    not a general difficulty of a fast car in a hot track situation. I can do that.

It's OK that Supra's have garbage handling. You don't need to defend them.

My Cars
    mostly bmw
    I'm looking forward to the in-car video you make with this e30.

Do you have the song picked out yet?
    95 turbo 330ti. 01 maxpsi m3 e85. 01 m5. 01 m coupe. 03 AIM 996t e85. 06 x3 w/Meyers plow and winter daily. Prussian Motors is hiring!! prussianmotors.com/jobs
    Current e39t LS Turbo swap: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...LS-e39-Touring

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Quote Originally Posted by bubela View Post
    I'm looking forward to the in-car video you make with this e30.

Do you have the song picked out yet?
    No but I've thought about it extensively. Front-runners include move, bitch by ludacris and highway star by deep purple.

My Cars
    95M3t 95M3 92525iT 95525

My Cars
    95' M3, 98' M3/4
    My point a few posts back noted the scrappiness of the Supra's handling/shuddering,
    not a general difficulty of a fast car in a hot track situation. I can do that.

It's OK that Supra's have garbage handling. You don't need to defend them.
    Sorry a little OT,

If you could drive like Leh does you should have been in Daytona this weekend racing.

Back on topic,

Are you going to change suspension angles at all or going to keep the stock mounting locations? Only reason I ask when using the shorten strut housings a few people don't run high enough spring rates and they bottom out the strut during most turns when using slicks.

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Well other than the E36/Mcoupe/GC bits, no nothing custom at this point. I have 750 lb springs front and 900 or 1000 rear (don't remember at the moment). If that doesn't prove to be enough, the springs are cheap and the struts I chose will handle more.

Alright, the garage is warmed up... gonna go do work.

My Cars
    95M3t 95M3 92525iT 95525
    Quote Originally Posted by ZimDoc View Post
    If you could drive like Leh
    I never said that...and

Back on topic
    please

My Cars
    95' M3, 98' M3/4
    Well other than the E36/Mcoupe/GC bits, no nothing custom at this point. I have 750 lb springs front and 900 or 1000 rear (don't remember at the moment). If that doesn't prove to be enough, the springs are cheap and the struts I chose will handle more.

Alright, the garage is warmed up... gonna go do work.
    Sounds good. Glad you have more motivation then I do this weekend.

My Cars
    none
    The couch is British Racing Green FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Also, how much weight was that? My skinny ass got 350 up for 2 before failure (had 2 spotters of course)... shrugging 565 for sets of 10 tho. Then the diagnosis (cancer) and now back to being skinny! (FTL)

Good to see you getting it in!! Makes me feel like I was rite there watchin.

My Cars
    e30
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeE36 View Post

-Mike
    Do most people on this forum who give commentary?

I wish more people would get out and use the BMW like it was intended. We would see a huge shift in setups. To each their own though I suppose.
    -Nick
    91 E30 M42 on VEMS

Turbo Camshaft Thread

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Sounds good. Glad you have more motivation then I do this weekend.

Everything was going great, cut the stock flare off fairly painlessly, started welding up the inner fender.... FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Did a bunch of other things like wiring and plumbing. Made good progress in reality but there isn't much visual difference and there's still plenty to do... SO ANNOYING and demotivating.

Quote Originally Posted by Colby Colbs View Post
    The couch is British Racing Green FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Also, how much weight was that? My skinny ass got 350 up for 2 before failure (had 2 spotters of course)... shrugging 565 for sets of 10 tho. Then the diagnosis (cancer) and now back to being skinny! (FTL)

Good to see you getting it in!! Makes me feel like I was rite there watchin.
    Haha, yeah the couch is a handmedown from the parents and I never had the heart to throw it away cause it's so durable, looks as good as it did 20 years ago. But it found its place.

That was 475. Hopefully make the push well into the 500s this year, take the national record back with no doubt.

Shit man... what kind of cancer? How are you doing, did you beat it?
    Last edited by TheJuggernaut; 01-29-2012 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    none
    500 HOLYYY MOTHER OF GOD!! YOUR INSANE! I can only imagine how much you eat LOL! Thats nutz dude props to you! Will be cheering you on! Most I've ever even seen was 450...

Stage 4 Thyroid cancer, I'm beating this shit every day I'm here! My definition of beating it is not the same as the docs, in their words, no. Again, it doesn't slow me down, I'm determined to live along time. I have many dreams, all that doctor crap just makes me work harder. I value every moment, def not your typical human HAHAHA!

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    500 HOLYYY MOTHER OF GOD!! YOUR INSANE! I can only imagine how much you eat LOL! Thats nutz dude props to you! Will be cheering you on! Most I've ever even seen was 450...

Stage 4 Thyroid cancer, I'm beating this shit every day I'm here! My definition of beating it is not the same as the docs, in their words, no. Again, it doesn't slow me down, I'm determined to live along time. I have many dreams, all that doctor crap just makes me work harder. I value every moment, def not your typical human HAHAHA!
    Fucken eh man. We all gotta go sometime, and most people live like they got all the time in the world to do what they want... wrong. I had a similar but obviously much milder epiphany some years ago. I went to school with a brilliant guy who was on schedule to retire in his mid 20s. He graduated several years before me even though he was my age, got a research position at Google pre-IPO (when they gave stock away to new hires like it's toilet paper, and he had other smart investments). He hadn't spent a dime on anything he didn't need, figuring once he vests everything, he can "start" his life. He was diagnosed with a brain tumor later that year and died within the next.

My parents are Russian fobs, my inlaws are Taiwanese fobs, so I hear from both sides that I have to live very conservatively, saving for the future. This may have made sense where they grew up, where you can't make enough money to live well today so you can only hope to set yourself up for later, or your kids. But here we don't have to do that and after my friend passed, I realized that no one guarantees you a tomorrow. So while you shouldn't sacrifice tomorrow for the sake of today, you can never pass up the chance to do what you want today - could be the last.

It's terrific to hear you're doing so well, I'm even more interested in your build now

My Cars
    85 318i
    You got me nervous there for a bit, nice to see you out in the garage. It's good to take a break once and awhile, but keep at it even if progress is slow.
    My manifolds powering 8sec and over 1000rwp cars
    Home of the highest HP stock M30 in the world 550rwhp/622rwtq
    1/4 mile---> 9.81 @138 C4 Auto
    10.08 in car vid --->https://youtu.be/OiinFhUomjg
    Dyno vid... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7aM7..._order&list=UL

My Cars
    none
    Fucken eh man. We all gotta go sometime, and most people live like they got all the time in the world to do what they want... wrong. I had a similar but obviously much milder epiphany some years ago. I went to school with a brilliant guy who was on schedule to retire in his mid 20s. He graduated several years before me even though he was my age, got a research position at Google pre-IPO (when they gave stock away to new hires like it's toilet paper, and he had other smart investments). He hadn't spent a dime on anything he didn't need, figuring once he vests everything, he can "start" his life. He was diagnosed with a brain tumor later that year and died within the next.

My parents are Russian fobs, my inlaws are Taiwanese fobs, so I hear from both sides that I have to live very conservatively, saving for the future. This may have made sense where they grew up, where you can't make enough money to live well today so you can only hope to set yourself up for later, or your kids. But here we don't have to do that and after my friend passed, I realized that no one guarantees you a tomorrow. So while you shouldn't sacrifice tomorrow for the sake of today, you can never pass up the chance to do what you want today - could be the last.

It's terrific to hear you're doing so well, I'm even more interested in your build now
    I'm sorry to hear about your friend.
    Its interesting to learn about other cultures and how they are with family and values. When you say, "So while you shouldn't sacrifice tomorrow for the sake of today, you can never pass up the chance to do what you want today - could be the last", I couldn't agree with you more. Such a powerful statement!

My Cars
    none
    Was just reading through your thread and I was wondering what the specs of your front and rear wheels are. I saw you have 335/30/18, sickk! What hoosier tire is it exactly?

From a google search I found this:

43880335/30R18 NARRA12.6"25.6"80.5"
    12-13"
    12"
    13.5"

It seems that they dont make it anymore? I looked through their entire pdf for into, what kind of compound is that? How does it compare to the R6?
    Last edited by Colby Colbs; 02-26-2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    They're 18x10 and 18x12, both 6.125 backspacing. The rear is on the money but the front needed a spacer. I measured with a proper tire size in mind but the 305 is a bit too big for 10s, so they rub the coil over adjuster, put on a spacer, no big deal. Can always lose the spacer when the fronts wear out and I replace them with a 285 or 295.

They're VRLs (Viper Racing League), I got a steady supply of them from a local Viper racing team. The fronts are a bit of an oddball but he says the rears he should always have available.

Not sure about the compound. From talking to Hoosier engineers and sponsored drivers, it appears that their racing compounds are generally comparable to the R6 or a little harder. The R6 isn't designed to be a real racing tire, it could never survive a professional race stint, so the pro slicks are actually a slightly harder compound, more endurance. Not that I mind, I'll take a bit more tire life for a little less grip.

My Cars
    none
    Very nice info sir! Any hook up for a good supply of R6's for your soon-to-be Fikse brother?

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Very nice info sir! Any hook up for a good supply of R6's for your soon-to-be Fikse brother?
    You're welcome dude. Not that I know of, not in a size like this. Unless you don't mind the bones to buy new, the pro slicks are a better idea. They're only a little bit harder than R6, will last you longer and you can get last season's tire stock from teams for dirt (think 50-70 for a tire with stickers on it) - they can't use them cause they won't be competitive, I'm not racing for money so what do I care.

My Cars
    none
    HOLLLLY SCHNIKES!! I pony up the money because I didn't know of such deals/ways to buy tires. DUDE! I was looking at $1500 in tires and now your talking >500 hahaha. Where do I find local teams, or did you have them shipped?

I'm looking for 275/35/18 and 315/30/18 or equivalent.

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Yeah exactly, a little less grip for 280 vs 1500... sign me up.

I was lucky enough to find a local team but if you google hoosier VRL, you should be able to find Viper and Corvette guys selling them.

Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast