Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041 LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1015

Thread: E30 S52 turbo track toy build

My Cars
    1997 Turbo M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJuggernaut View Post
    Thanks a lot man! It's been one hell of a journey, and I mainly can't believe that all this shit I built actually works and works so well! Definitely wouldn't have been the success it is without Notorious VR's tireless work in perfectly and patiently calibrating it at every step. I was frankly dreading driving it a bit because I had gone so far without much serious testing and many people shitting on my plans (too much power, too much tire, too much wing, wrong car, E30 suspension sucks blah blah blah), that I started accepting that maybe I'll just be a builder. And I would have been fine with that, I'm mainly enjoying the challenge of learning how to do all this stuff. But now that I know that not only does it work on track but it's also the easiest to drive car I've ever experienced on track, I'm only more excited to keep going and see what my future plans bring.
    What an amazing perspective and a pleasant surprise for you. Just proves to follow your intuition and ignore the haters. Congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBoostedBmwM3 View Post
    Cameron!!

Long time...
    Thanks. Yeah, I took a detour onto a very spiritual path. Thought I'd dip in here for a sec and see what up. Hope all is well with you and all the cool high vibing cats on here.
    Where have I been? Astral projecting.

Quote Originally Posted by jszy25 View Post
    Get drunk with Mike Radowski they said, it'll be fun they said...A broken toe, the worst hangover known to man, and bite marks in my arm said otherwise

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Quote Originally Posted by highboostingm3 View Post
    What an amazing perspective and a pleasant surprise for you. Just proves to follow your intuition and ignore the haters. Congrats!
    Thanks dude! Yeah that perspective evolved as I matured, realizing that if you cater to anyone but yourself, you're the one that has to live with it in the end. It's a tough thing to come to terms with for an extrovert but if anything, you just have to narrow the scope of the opinions you grant fucks to give. It's especially bad nowadays, you see guys and girls doing things for the sake of social media likes and subs but it's so fleeting. People on social media lose interest after a month or two and then you're the one left with a car that was compromised for their sake.

What's new with you? Do you still have the widebody or are you collecting stamps now?

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    This happened. I'm happy it happened and I'm happy it's over. Pretty wild going back to page 1...

a6kIbUj.jpg

J9TLNhw.jpg

vDeZf6j.jpg

6AwaURI.jpg

8iVxd5V.jpg

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA

My Cars
    98 328i, 79 911SC
    SONOFABISH. i knew that was your car when i saw it this weekend.
    what a weapon.
    woulda been cool to meet you, but PRI is a whirlwind for everyone. Super gnarly car. even better in person than on the boards.
    always trying to make it lighter and faster

^^former build: http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...-neglected-M3/
    current build: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...car-build.html
    instant grams: doktor_b

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Quote Originally Posted by doktor b View Post
    SONOFABISH. i knew that was your car when i saw it this weekend.
    what a weapon.
    woulda been cool to meet you, but PRI is a whirlwind for everyone. Super gnarly car. even better in person than on the boards.
    Thanks man! I stayed away from the booth to avoid being triggered. My impostor syndrome makes me fear complements more than criticism and I was told it was a huge hit. I only wish I was there when they told me some kid was running around the booth saying how it's his favorite car of the show, so I could have shown him around more. I told them next time he comes in, let him climb in and play with the switches and shit but they didn't see him.

My Cars
    86 325es
    Looks great Dmitry. Did you make metal end caps for the diving board? Looks like they are part of the front fender

86 325es, 2.8L m50, S476sxe, ProEFI 128 ecu, e85, solid rear axle, TH400 trans, 28x10.5w slicks, zip ties, popsicle sticks, tape
    best time 9.06 @ 151.8 mph, best 60 foot 1.30

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Quote Originally Posted by someguy2800 View Post
    Looks great Dmitry. Did you make metal end caps for the diving board? Looks like they are part of the front fender
    Thanks dude! Yep, added metal to the fender to hug the area that used to be the plastic trim.

More photos here, including my visit to Parnelli Jones' shop (his partner runs it now - generic building with no name in an industrial complex... if only things could talk)

https://photos.app.*******/tgDezpBv6c2fCKHc8

edit: replace the bullshit with goo dot gl
    Last edited by TheJuggernaut; 12-10-2018 at 08:20 PM.

My Cars
    95 M3, 15 Golf TDI wagon
    Crazy! How wide are those tires?

-WTB: OEM Class 2 LTW GT wing with risers- Mazak

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    They is 315 at the front, 345 out back.

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Saw the builder of the RP968 billet engine at PRI and he was also displaying his freaking billet stainless CNC collectors. This one caught my eye because it's a twinscroll rotated 90 degrees to have the same fitment as an open collector, so I can make a compact twinscroll. So the trigger has been pulled and a new item added to the winter scope creep - new manifold... Having done some milling of stainless when we simply needed to do some skim passes on my diff cover to make it flat, and burnt a controller, and also looking at the tool paths, I can only imagine what his CNC looks like...

https://elmerracing.com/raceshop/bil...ess-rot-detail

WP_20180227_16_22_32_Rich_LI-1000px.jpg

WP_20180227_16_23_49_Rich_LI-1000px.jpg

My Cars
    98 328i, 79 911SC
    that Elmer block is amazing.
    i just stared at it and tried to take it all in. i should have pulled out my phone and snapped some pics.

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    that Elmer block is amazing.
    i just stared at it and tried to take it all in. i should have pulled out my phone and snapped some pics.
    Yeah it's funny everyone was all googley eyed over the Thor motor and I couldn't care less but these collectors blew my mind. I almost ignored them because I thought the guy is just jerking off showing off his CNC on chunks of aluminum. Then I saw that it's a real product and made out of billet 304 and I pooped a little, and realized I need to make a manifold. Should be pretty much as compact as my open collector but twinscroll, thanks to the rotation.

My Cars
    98 328i, 79 911SC
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJuggernaut View Post
    Yeah it's funny everyone was all googley eyed over the Thor motor and I couldn't care less but these collectors blew my mind. I almost ignored them because I thought the guy is just jerking off showing off his CNC on chunks of aluminum. Then I saw that it's a real product and made out of billet 304 and I pooped a little, and realized I need to make a manifold. Should be pretty much as compact as my open collector but twinscroll, thanks to the rotation.
    i reached in and touched the (razor sharp) innards of that collector and then promptly put my hands in my pockets and just ogled. It's a thing of beauty for sure.
    there were so many billet blocks (and a billet 964 case) this year. the whole world has gone mad and it's wonderful.

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    i reached in and touched the (razor sharp) innards of that collector and then promptly put my hands in my pockets and just ogled. It's a thing of beauty for sure.
    there were so many billet blocks (and a billet 964 case) this year. the whole world has gone mad and it's wonderful.
    Agreed, and it's dazed. I remember when my wife's 200hp 2800lb car would have been one of the fastest things on track. Now it's like bringing a stock Civic VX. 300hp made you a front runner, now it's a mediocre minivan. 450hp cars could be counted on one hand, now it's a run of the mill performance sedan. 600hp was hypercar territory, now anyone can get a Chevrolet or a Dodge with more and have enough left for some ramen. Hell, most of this forum makes more power than you could buy for any money in a road car in the 90s.

I don't know if it's that, or a few months worth of 5 hours a night of wiring and bodywork but I was totally out of fucks to give about cars at this show. I tried to do a few laps but nothing interested me except for a precious few things like this collector or the new 6XD. I even asked if they're taking GSRs on trade and they are (obviously not direct but for good trade value). But after playing with it, I again realized that I have no desire to have a sequential. But if I did, this would be the only valid answer - GForce internals, good for 1800 ft lbs, overdrive 5/6 options and 15 grand (doesn't sound cheap until you look at alternatives, none of which will take the power).

zHqpPMl.jpg

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Goofing around with the dash, most of the pages are all business but tried to emulate my old M3 cluster for fun, turned out pretty cool!

45bvPIG.jpg

B4svnn7.jpg

My Cars
    2001 330i
    Why is boost only on 10?

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Quote Originally Posted by PEI330Ci View Post
    Why is boost only on 10?
    Gotta use 11 sparingly, that's how you end up going plaid.

My Cars
    e30
    11 is hyperspeed. The world is not ready for hyperspeed!

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Quote Originally Posted by wazzu70 View Post
    11 is hyperspeed. The world is not ready for hyperspeed!
    9 is hyper speed, 10 is ridiculous speed, 11 is ludicrous speed.

My Cars
    mostly bmw
    What's the matter Colonel Sanders, chicken?
    95 turbo 330ti. 01 maxpsi m3 e85. 01 m5. 01 m coupe. 03 AIM 996t e85. 06 x3 w/Meyers plow and winter daily. Prussian Motors is hiring!! prussianmotors.com/jobs
    Current e39t LS Turbo swap: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...LS-e39-Touring

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Quote Originally Posted by bubela View Post
    What's the matter Colonel Sanders, chicken?
    Bullshit! Stop this thing, I order you, stop!

My Cars
    '86 325e, '14 VW EPA
    Quick recap of what's been happening so far, the car was doing great, got the 9280 EFR for it and built the 321 stainless manifold, replaced all the silicone couplers with Vibrant HD clamps and a bunch of other new stuff. Not tuned to full potential yet, no closed loop boost control and we accidentally misconfigured vanos which remained on to redline but still hit 907whp. But it only spools a little slower than with the 9180 when we didn't have feedback boost control so it should be really interesting what it does when we finish tuning that stuff. Had it out at the track and it was working great but bottomed out and broke the splitter at 280kmh, which punctured the tire and while I managed to save it, the flares got damaged so building new ones now. Hope to get back out there in September.

My Cars
    86 325es
    Last edited by someguy2800; 07-11-2019 at 09:57 PM.

86 325es, 2.8L m50, S476sxe, ProEFI 128 ecu, e85, solid rear axle, TH400 trans, 28x10.5w slicks, zip ties, popsicle sticks, tape
    best time 9.06 @ 151.8 mph, best 60 foot 1.30

My Cars
    mostly bmw
    Well done Comrade. Keep the progress coming.
    95 turbo 330ti. 01 maxpsi m3 e85. 01 m5. 01 m coupe. 03 AIM 996t e85. 06 x3 w/Meyers plow and winter daily. Prussian Motors is hiring!! prussianmotors.com/jobs
    Current e39t LS Turbo swap: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...LS-e39-Touring

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041 LastLast