View Poll Results: What BBS wheel locks should I get?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bavarian Autosport chrome set

0 0%
  • european auto source RAD bolt locks

0 0%
  • McGaurd wheel locks

1 50.00%
  • Other

1 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: new E39 '97 528i owner - need wheel lock suggestions for BBS

My Cars
    1997 528iA 90k

new E39 '97 528i owner - need wheel lock suggestions for BBS

Just purchased out of state cherry '97 528i with 2 piece BBS wheels 17" diameter with 235/45 ZR 17 tires - these are the ones that came with the 540iS. I live in NYC so I must get wheel locks asap. Any suggestions appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    97 528i 87 528e 65/74MG
    waste of time and money. anyone who really wants your wheels will get them with or without wheel locks(the damn removers are available for less than 20 bucks) These are not inherently steal able due to the lug cover. I also doubt they will be a real target as they are very vehicle specific and not particularly special outside the E39 world
    >'97 528i, 200000 miles, Hella Xenons, 17" Stilauto wheels, Vogtland Drop Springs, Dynomax Race Muffler, Homelink, 540 brake upgrade, 15mm spacers >'65 & '74 MG Midgets BFC OT Lego Club #48 Manual conversion in process!!!

My Cars
    E31 EIGHT, E39 FIVE
    I think wheel locks are not only a theft -deterrent- but save you from the "someone tried to steal my wheels, got scared away, and my tire just came off on the freeway" story, that I hear surprisingly often.

I have also seen many nice wheels heavily damaged from socket hammering to remove stubborn locks with lost/stripped/broken keys.

My Cars
    97 528i 87 528e 65/74MG
    Quote Originally Posted by Landerholm View Post
    I think wheel locks are not only a theft -deterrent- but save you from the "someone tried to steal my wheels, got scared away, and my tire just came off on the freeway" story, that I hear surprisingly often.

How so, those things still could happen, without them if by some freak occurrence someone actually tries to steal them(a search for " stolen wheels" results in not one single thread reporting a set stollen) I would rather they do so with minimal damage to the car and the bolts. Wheel locks will not slow down a thief, not for a moment. They are no deterent to a professional and an amatuer is so rare its almost silly to even worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Landerholm View Post
    I have also seen many nice wheels heavily damaged from socket hammering to remove stubborn locks with lost/stripped/broken keys.
    I agree and again supply that wheel locks are more trouble than they are worth, provide false piece of mind and generally look stupid.
    >'97 528i, 200000 miles, Hella Xenons, 17" Stilauto wheels, Vogtland Drop Springs, Dynomax Race Muffler, Homelink, 540 brake upgrade, 15mm spacers >'65 & '74 MG Midgets BFC OT Lego Club #48 Manual conversion in process!!!

My Cars
    z3
    Yeah they are BBS wheels but trust me, nobody wants them

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!