Thread: Help me find my next BMW for under 20k

My Cars
    95 BMW M3.2, 99 Audi A6 Avant & 01 Nissan X-Terra

Help me find my next BMW for under 20k

I'm looking for a daily driver and been reading up on 323i's. Apparently there are quite a few people having problems with the windows, sunroof and various electrical problems according to edmunds and that has me a bit worried. Would a 99 323i be a bad choice? I know that some things were changed in 2000 such as dsc and some other things.... If you had 20k (preferbly less of course) to spend on a car what would you recommend? What does the sport package include? What does the cold weather package include? I found a few e46 faq's but could not find any info on this.

Looks like it's coming down to another bmw or a maxima se. Are there any 3 series to avoid? Some better than others? In the end it's going to come down to what I can find around here but I would like a baseline to work from. I found a 99 323i with 75k mi's, has new tires, obc, cruise, sunroof, leather heated seats.. they're asking 19,000 but will take around 17k. If it has heated seats can I assume it has the cold weather package? What does the sport package include? 17" wheels?

Input appreciated.
    He who hesitates is not only lost, but miles from the next exit.

My Cars
    E46, S2000
    first years are usually no-no's no matter what the car. Either get a 2000 or go back to the E36 and get a 98. I believe BMW is still offering zero down and 2.9% finanacing on the 2000 model year cars. I'm sure if you fight them hard enough you can get one for 20. Plus DSC has already saved my life a few times gotta love it on canyon roads.

Forum Rules___Info for New Members___Teen Driving School in So Cal
    "It's the internet by my rules."--Kevlar

My Cars
    German Civic
    19,000 for a 99' with 75k miles? Way too much. I wouldn't even spend 17...maybe 14-15k.

Somebody I know paid $19,900 for a 2000 323i with 25k miles and 5 speed manual (very similar to mine, actually, but a different color) back in April of this year.