Thread: 1989 750il is making a rear shreiking noise from the rear

My Cars
    1989 750IL

1989 750il is making a rear shreiking noise from the rear

It sounds like a loose fan belt or the sound a ford explorer makes when its power sterring fluid is low. It seems to be more from the right side. rite around the rear dif maybe?. it does it in park,the pitch changes when I rev it up, it does it in gear, Its not constant it comes on and off.Could this be from the rear self leveling suspension pump? when I bought the car 7 months ago the prev owner replaced the reare hydro suspension with bilstien from like a 730il. It rides a little low but it rides well. What could this be? please help!!!!!!

My Cars
    1998 750il.
    check the trunk, dead hookers seem to apear in the trunk of 750s...

in all seriousness check the dif, I had that problem before with the 740il we had.
    Quote Originally Posted by ynottony View Post
    Yup. Just like we are teaching the middle easterners democracy by bombing the crap out of their country.

Some people only learn when hit over the head....
    Quote Originally Posted by glwillia View Post
    I've had both, and I have to say they're comparable. Anal w/ no lube == getting it dealer serviced, an E32 with original suspension == doing a fat chick, and so on.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328is
    ok this is gonna sound weird i had the exact same problem and turns out it was the aircondition sounds crazy but really check it out

My Cars
    '93 E30, '01 E46 Mtec I
    I was going to suggest something, but then I noticed the rear sound was coming from the rear. I was thinking if the rear noise was coming from the front... but no go.
    IF MY CAPS OFFEND YOU, BLOCK ME.
    AND IF YOU NOTICE THE FIRST LETTER OF EACH WORD CAP'ED...... IT'S DONE AUTOMATICALLY BY THE FORUM BECAUSE I TYPE IN ALL CAPS.BUT IT DOESN'T ALWAYS DO THIS, LIKE WHEN I QUOTE OTHER POSTS.AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT, REFER TO FIRST SENTENCE IN MY SIG.

My Cars
    1989 750IL
    No dead hookers yet but its still an early friday night. Until then does any one know where the fuel pump is located? Have you ever heard a fuel pump make a weired noise like such? I dont think its the rear dif being it sounds nothing like grinding gears and it doesent mater if its in P N or D it sqeels with the rpm's like a fan belt would, though theres no loss of power. The engine runs like normal and the car runs good, shifts smooth. The more I look at it the the the more confused I get becouse theres nothing there but a couple of canisters coming from the fuel tank, but they look more like fuel filters....... Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by sammittrue; 08-06-2010 at 11:52 PM.

My Cars
    '93 E30, '01 E46 Mtec I
    fuel pump would start squealing when you turn the ignition on, and be a constant squeal.... it would not change in pitch with the RPM's.

If it does change along with the RPM's, have you thought about maybe an exhaust leak? Aside from that, maybe something is up with your tranny as well....
    IF MY CAPS OFFEND YOU, BLOCK ME.
    AND IF YOU NOTICE THE FIRST LETTER OF EACH WORD CAP'ED...... IT'S DONE AUTOMATICALLY BY THE FORUM BECAUSE I TYPE IN ALL CAPS.BUT IT DOESN'T ALWAYS DO THIS, LIKE WHEN I QUOTE OTHER POSTS.AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT, REFER TO FIRST SENTENCE IN MY SIG.

My Cars
    99 528i 15 Corvette Z51
    How about the Guibo, or something to do with the drive shaft. I am thinking Guibo
    My 528 is a German Tank..
    My 2008 Chihuahua is Blue deal with it
    Always teaching now getting paid for it.

My Cars
    2014 RAM 1500 Sport CC
    Quote Originally Posted by ezbmr View Post
    How about the Guibo, or something to do with the drive shaft. I am thinking Guibo
    That's a solid rubber disc though. Nothing moving to make a squealing sound.
    Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

My Cars
    1989 750IL
    I just had the hole drive line re-built like three months ago. It actually doesnt have a guibo. This sounds like some kind of pump. the car runs fine...... performs normal just sounds like something is REALLY wrong

As far as the tranny this car is pretty long. You can trace the sound near the rear axel, not really coming from the tranny. It seams to be more on the drivers side. Its totally random yesterday I drove for about 15 minutes and it was constant. today i drve for about 45 and not a sound? I feel like im in the twlight zone. My car is going crazy and its taking me with her
    Last edited by sammittrue; 08-08-2010 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost