Thread: Free Z3 LSX swap.

My Cars
    BMW, Audi, lots of jeeps

Free Z3 LSX swap.

Hi all.

I own Action Motorsports, in Hot Springs, Arkansas. I am currently looking for an LSX/Z3 swap candidate. I am looking to develop a complete engine swap kit for the Z/M Roadster. This car is based off the e36 platform and there are kits available for that car at this time. I find these kits to be fairly incomplete and over priced... Sorry to those who currently offer these kits. I am creating a "system" that allows the average shade tree mechanic to install a Gen III/Gen IV LS motor into their Z/M Roadster for a reasonable price.

I am offering free labor in return for the use of your car as my development tool. If you are interested please e-mail me at welch613@yahoo.com.
    Last edited by welchct; 08-05-2010 at 10:23 AM.

My Cars
    1995 M3, 2003 Viper
    Wow, awesome. Too bad I don't own one. Good luck man!
    '95 M3
    '03 Viper

My Cars
    95 M3, 01 330ci
    Ahem, I am a sort ways away, I wish you wanted to do an e36 m3!

Paul

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5, MCS
    so would you be paying for engine and transmission as well? or will we be required to purchase that as well?

M5Hunter is offline Still has a E39 Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    E39
    As stated:
    "I am offering free labor in return for the use of your car"

I assume you pay for the engine and all parts needed.

My Cars
    BMW, Audi, lots of jeeps
    Quote Originally Posted by 357i View Post
    As stated:
    "I am offering free labor in return for the use of your car"

I assume you pay for the engine and all parts needed.

You are correct. The reason I am not just buying my own car, engine, ect. Is I just don't have the operating capital at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pzary3233 View Post
    Ahem, I am a sort ways away, I wish you wanted to do an e36 m3!

Paul
    I may be interested in working with you if you are seriouse. E-mail me your contact info and we can talk more about this.
    Last edited by welchct; 08-05-2010 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2011 328xi, E36 LS1
    Good idea. You are correct, there is a serious lack of a complete swap kit; and this swap seems to be gaining a lot of popularity. Lots of potential income in this.

My Cars
    04 Allroad, F20c Lotus 7
    from an investment vs return I couldn't see a shop getting to a much lower cost setup than what is available. by the time you've spent time doing R&D and the time and materials creating the parts I couldn't see you getting to a much lower cost basis than the existing kits.

Add in all the parts and everything and add ~15% after you've bought all of them - even when bought in bulk you wont come up with a much better price than is currently available to show a good shop profit.

My Cars
    Rogue 3 TTs2.5 / Rubicon
    I see this as a win for the customer, good luck with your hunt.

Hey man, I'm a professional!

My Cars
    95 M3, 01 330ci
    I talked with Chris for a while yesterday about his intentions.... SOMEONE NEEDS TO DO THIS!

I'm too far along and have some plans set in motion that wouldn't allow me to take part in this awesome opportunity. ie parts bought, etc.

If you're starting from scratch and want something unique and completely different from what is on the market now, he has some great ideas.

This opportunity is for the person that has enough disposable income to buy the parts needed to make this a top notch swap but doesn't have the time and/or the ability to make it happen.

Anyways, just wanted to drop my $.02 in the thread.

My Cars
    BMW, Audi, lots of jeeps
    Here is the link to my thread I started in the Z3 section. It should answer some questions and help make my intentions a little more clear.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1505232

Paul it was good talking with you, thanks for the kind words.

My Cars
    1980 Firebird
    So the engine, trans, driveshaft, pcm, and what else would need to be purchased?
    “If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual State. In a single State, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair.” – Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28

My Cars
    95 M3, 01 330ci
    Basically you buy the parts and he gives you the fabrication and work time, along with some of the basic materials.