Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard of the movie "Everybody Loves Whales"?

My Cars
    E93
    OK, here is that latest news tidbit on the post production goings on for Everybody Loves Whales. The FX (model, special effect, computer graphic?) work was just wrapped up this month. Here is a link.

http://www.shootonline.com/go/index....1-1304535170-2

My Cars
    81 323i Baur, 98 M3/4, 8
    Nice, I keep waiting to see a preview for this or something....Lets hope it's on course for a January release, I hope my 20 seconds of car fame makes the final cut lol.

The Frozen Baur (AKA The Frozen Ground) now on Netflix (John Cussack is driving the Omega behind the Baur)

My Cars
    E93
    Here is a link to some shots that were taken by an Alaskan production company to slot into the film for the background arctic scenes. Looks like there will be some stunning footage.

http://arcticfilm.com/2011/05/27/beh...-a-film-shoot/

My Cars
    1982 323i Baur & 6 more
    That is all well and good, and thanks for keeping us up to date on that but..... Personally I am hoping for some stunning footage of that beautiful BAUR!!!

We are rooting for ya, Jeff!!

No Baurs Were Hurt in the Making of This Film.
    Last edited by tomscat1; 07-19-2011 at 06:51 PM.
    Tom
    SE Connecticut
    1982 323i Baur, 1977 320i (carbed),
    1978 320i (parts)
    1991 325ix 5 speed, 1989 325ix (winter),
    1989 325ic (summer)
    1973 2002 Malaga (with frosting)
    1975 Mercedes W115 300D (The Departed)
    the late 1979 323i Euro (project, Now Departed)

Visit my blog: Baurspotting
    http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/

BWR PWR!

My Cars
    E93
    Well the latest info is that the release date has been reset to February 3, 2012 instead of the previously projected early January date. My guess is the Studio is going to promote the film as a "Date/Chick Flick" taking advantage of the Valentines Day time frame. After all, in addition to the on screen romance between Drew Barrymore's and John Krasinski's characters "Love" is in the title - "Everybody Loves Whales."

Last edited by Northcar; 08-05-2011 at 02:22 AM.

My Cars
    E93
    ... and for the latest breaking news (is anyone still following this thread?) ------ our former Governor, Sarah Palin, is rumored to have a cameo part in the film. Interestingly, while I was told during the filming that the studio had bought up all the news footage of the events at the time so had been anticipating some real life insertions ala Forrest Gump, I didn't suspect that some of that footage included Sarah Palin in her former (pre politics) life as a local newsperson.

Anyway, here is a link to the rumor as it was reported in today's local paper. Scroll down to the heading in bold titled, "Fade to Sarah" for the details.

http://www.adn.com/2011/08/06/v-prin...laska-ear.html
    Last edited by Northcar; 08-08-2011 at 04:06 AM.

My Cars
    1982 323i Baur & 6 more
    Quote Originally Posted by Northcar View Post
    ... and for the latest breaking news (is anyone still following this thread?) ------

http://www.adn.com/2011/08/06/v-prin...laska-ear.html
    with 3062 views, yes I'd say some of us are still following this thread! Looking forward to seeing the alaskabimmer-mobile do it's star turn!
    Tom
    SE Connecticut
    1982 323i Baur, 1977 320i (carbed),
    1978 320i (parts)
    1991 325ix 5 speed, 1989 325ix (winter),
    1989 325ic (summer)
    1973 2002 Malaga (with frosting)
    1975 Mercedes W115 300D (The Departed)
    the late 1979 323i Euro (project, Now Departed)

Visit my blog: Baurspotting
    http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/

BWR PWR!

My Cars
    82 320 I
    what a cool read! thank you!

My Cars
    E93
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubvance View Post
    what a cool read! thank you!
    Thanks. Speaking of Northland films and BMW, here is a shot I took of my son-in-law with my Bimmer in front of a location you may be familiar with if you follow the History Channel's "Mounted in Alaska."

My Cars
    E93
    Has anyone seen John Krasinski's ("Jim" from "The Office") performance in the recent "Something Borrowed" film? Does it bode well for his on screen performance in "Everybody Loves Whales?" TV star to movie star is sometimes a difficult transition.

My Cars
    81 323i Baur, 98 M3/4, 8
    I had read some of the things that say Feb for a release date, but the unversal pictures website still says Jan 13th. Info on this movie is thin, there isn't a website or a trailer yet....

That's the taxadermy place over by where midnight sun brewery used to be isn't it? lol WHo knew, I've never watched that show...

I'm still looking for my 13 seconds of background movie car fame....Or maybe I'll make in a shot walking up some stairs behind drew while she was doing a press conference.

The Frozen Baur (AKA The Frozen Ground) now on Netflix (John Cussack is driving the Omega behind the Baur)

My Cars
    E93
    For anyone still following this thread the latest news is that the title of the film has been changed to "Big Miracle." It also looks like the release date has now bounced back to January rather than being delayed to February 3rd as previously projected. Reading the new summary from the Universal Studios website there are a few additional subtle additions of note, the major one being that these three unrelated whales have now become "a family" and the smaller whale is now being described as their baby. With that emphasis it is hard to imagine that the smaller whale will be allowed to die as it did in the real whale rescue effort. The new title also suggests that the movie is veering toward a "message" that the real miracle is something other than the rescue of the whales themselves. It looks like we are going to learn that the whale rescue was to the thawing of the Cold War what ping pong diplomacy was to opening up China.

My Cars
    81 323i Baur, 98 M3/4, 8
    I just read that in the paper. I know it's going to suck, but it's being billed as a family movie. I'll go see it mainly to see if I made it in as an extra and to see my car on the big screen for a few seconds,

Now we have the new Nicholas cage movie starting filming next month, they may need cars an extras too. It also takes place in the 80s.

My Cars
    E93

The Trailer is out!

Well the trailer came out today so it could be shown with the wounded Dolphin movie that starts today. Here are some comments I posted regarding same:

(By the way, at least one of the OP's scenes made it into the final cut. Our OP was one of the background actors for the scene of Drew Barrymore standing by the courthouse steps.)

While evidently incorporating some added Hollywood Drama (Barrymore's underwater "rescuing" of Bambam the baby whale) I was impressed with how true to the real life event details the trailer evidences. The scene of Ted Danson playing real life Veco Bill Allen where Danson is sprayed in the face by the whale is exactly as it is portrayed in Tom Rose's book upon which the movie is based. Also had to love seeing the 4th Avenue theater's iconic art deco mural that we have all seen for years being left up for background effect in the scene with the governor shaking hands with the Blue Whale mascot. While I see the website cited in the trailer still uses "Everybody Loves Whales," one has to smile at how Universal Studio's having brought back to life the baby whale that actually died in the real rescue certainly qualifies as a "Big Miracle." lol Having read the book and having watched the movie's filming, it is rewarding to see it all come together as well as once again getting to see Drew's trademark impish grin on the screen just like we got to see it here in person during the filming.
    Last edited by Northcar; 09-23-2011 at 02:07 PM.

My Cars
    81 323i Baur, 98 M3/4, 8
    Awesome. In that press conference scene I walk up the stairs right behind her head. I'll be in a black coat I doubt you'll able able to pick out my face though judging from the angle of that scene.

My Cars
    81 323i Baur, 98 M3/4, 8
    Well I found the call for cars (and extras) for the movie On Frozen Ground, the new nick cage movie starting to film up here next month, they need stuff from 1970-83 so we'll see if they want to use my old beater baur as a background car or not in this film....MY only problem is I don't have snow tires for this car and they are filmng mid october to mid november...so we will see. The baur has never actually driven more than a few feet in the snow...

My Cars
    82 320 I
    Alaska the new hollywood? with your movie star complexes...

My Cars
    E93
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaBimmer View Post
    Well I found the call for cars (and extras) for the movie On Frozen Ground, the new nick cage movie starting to film up here next month, they need stuff from 1970-83 so we'll see if they want to use my old beater baur as a background car or not in this film....MY only problem is I don't have snow tires for this car and they are filmng mid october to mid november...so we will see. The baur has never actually driven more than a few feet in the snow...

Have to grin again seeing your Baur parked in front of the "Northern Oil Corporation" building in your sig pic. If you look closely in the trailer you see Ted Danson wearing a cap with that same logo just as he is splashed by the whale. Even though they changed the name from VECO to "Northern Oil Corporation" if you look closely at the text of the San Diego newspaper in the trailer you see VECO all over the place. lol (For those not in the know, VECO is the now defunct oil support company that played a prominent role in the actual whale rescue and it was headed by Bill Allen whose persona Danson plays. Allen in recent years became the key witness for VECO's alleged bribing elected officials in the trial that took down Alaska's Senator Ted Stevens until it was nullified by prosecutor misconduct.)
    Last edited by Northcar; 10-02-2011 at 04:56 AM.

My Cars
    81 323i Baur, 98 M3/4, 8
    Well I got in the frozen ground as well. It has the same transportation captain as whale so I emailed him. I started a new thread with The Frozen Ground. We'll see how that goes considering it's a movie about picking up and killing hookers.
    Last edited by AlaskaBimmer; 10-02-2011 at 10:43 PM.

My Cars
    E93
    link?

My Cars
    E93
    OK, here is an interesting article authored by a Hollywood reporter who was invited to the set here in Alaska and who reports on her observations as well as interviews with the main actors.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Big_Mi...Report/7846236

My Cars
    81 323i Baur, 98 M3/4, 8
    The link to the Baur's next Background Movie appearance for The Frozen Ground is here:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1722410

First day of filming is at 8:00 am Monday up on Muldoon and I'll be there with the Baur...

My Cars
    E93

Premier in Washington D.C. January 25, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
    just because they made it doesn't mean it will ever be released.
    While the official world wide release is for February 3rd, 2012, there will be a Red Carpet Premiere in Washington D.C. on Wednesday, January 25th. Drew Barrymore will be there (at least for the after party) and the event is scheduled to promote a worthy cause (TAPS) founded by the real life White House contact who ended up marrying the National Guard Colonel she became acquainted with during Operation Breakthrough. The colonel died in an air crash within a few years of the wedding and his widow founded TAPS to help similarly situated family members of military personnel who lose their lives. Such families are special guests at the Premiere as well as various Washington elite, cast and crew, and media representatives. At the after movie party a chef from here in Alaska will be serving Copper River Salmon. (There are a few tickets available on EBay for the combined events starting at a $300 bid for a pair.) Of note, the OP's BMW was there on the wedding set as the newly married Colonel and President Reagan's White House contact exit in their "Just Married" vehicle as depicted in the movie. I'm guessing there may be some type of on screen dedication of the movie to the fallen Colonel in the same way Jon Voight's "Runaway Train" movie was dedicated to the helicopter pilot who was killed here in Alaska during the filming of train scenes for that film.
    Last edited by Northcar; 01-14-2012 at 06:44 AM.

My Cars
    e21, e30 m3. e46 330ci
    yup, i saw the promotional clip on TV the other day.
    Tom D

77 e21 - m42
    88 e30m3
    04 330 dinan3
    84 r1000rt
    02 r1150rs
    all of them gray
    14 f800gsa - red headed stepchild!

My Cars
    E93
    Quote Originally Posted by Northcar View Post
    While the official world wide release is for February 3rd, 2012, there will be a Red Carpet Premiere in Washington D.C. on Wednesday, January 25th. Drew Barrymore will be there (at least for the after party) and the event is scheduled to promote a worthy cause (TAPS) founded by the real life White House contact who ended up marrying the National Guard Colonel she became acquainted with during Operation Breakthrough. The colonel died in an air crash within a few years of the wedding and his widow founded TAPS to help similarly situated family members of military personnel who lose their lives. Such families are special guests at the Premiere as well as various Washington elite, cast and crew, and media representatives. At the after movie party a chef from here in Alaska will be serving Copper River Salmon. (There are a few tickets available on EBay for the combined events starting at a $300 bid for a pair.) Of note, the OP's BMW was there on the wedding set as the newly married Colonel and President Reagan's White House contact exit in their "Just Married" vehicle as depicted in the movie. I'm guessing there may be some type of on screen dedication of the movie to the fallen Colonel in the same way Jon Voight's "Runaway Train" movie was dedicated to the helicopter pilot who was killed here in Alaska during the filming of train scenes for that film.
    Anyone want to take a guess as to whether members of President Obama's family will be at the premiere and/or after party? Alternatively I'm guessing there might be a private screening at the White House.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast