Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's around Reading/Boyertown?

My Cars
    '97 BMW 328IC, '01 CVPI

Who's around Reading/Boyertown?

Just checking in to see who is around me on these forums. New to the Bimmer world and figuired I would chime in here on the regional forum. Just got my 1997 328IC a couple of weeks ago. Dropped her off at the body shop last week to tidy up a few small repairs to make the old girl pristine again. Had it checked out at Moonlight Motorwerks in Gilbertsville and they gave it a 9 out of 10 (which was 10 out of 10 mechanically and the 9 was due to the cosmetic stuff that is getting fixed). Anyway give a shout out if you are anywhere in the area. I will try to check back for any events or meets and try to drop in on them.
    Building police cars out of necessity...Driving a BMW by CHOICE!

1997 328IC, 132K miles
    Aluminum radiator, Silicone hoses, FDM, Shark Injected, Cosmos CAI, UUC RSC36 cat back, Ebay long headers, M50 manifold swap, M3 front bumper, single mass clutch, CDV delete with braided stainless flex line, EVOSport underdrive pulleys, DINAN strut tower brace

My Cars
    00 Dinan M Cpe, 03 530i
    Akron here! ...halfway between Lancaster and Reading

My Cars
    '97 BMW 328IC, '01 CVPI
    Yep...know exactly where it is at. We build police cars for Akron and West Earl down that way! Good to hear from you. Any meets in this area? Seems like PA is pretty dead on the forums, a lot of MD and VA guys more than anything.

1997 328IC, 132K miles
    Aluminum radiator, Silicone hoses, FDM, Shark Injected, Cosmos CAI, UUC RSC36 cat back, Ebay long headers, M50 manifold swap, M3 front bumper, single mass clutch, CDV delete with braided stainless flex line, EVOSport underdrive pulleys, DINAN strut tower brace

My Cars
    1997 BMW 528i
    Well no bimmer yet, but I am in Reading, PA. It's a pity that they are not active in this area as I have seen a lot of bimmers in here in the 1993-2001.

My Cars
    '97 BMW 328IC, '01 CVPI
    Good to hear from you. There is a good BMW repair shop right in Gilbertsville if you need one once you get bimmered up! On Route 73 just below Route 100. They operate out of the back of Gilbertsville Auto Body.

1997 328IC, 132K miles

My Cars
    E36
    I am in Pottstown right down the street from ya
    Paul and Mark from Moonlight are awesome.
    They have done all the work on my e36.
    Did you buy the 328ic from them?

Where in boyertown are ya?
    We should meet up some time.

Me and a friend meet up with the TriState Tuner people over at the Golds gym in oaks every tuesday night around 9ish.
    Buncha ricer stuff.....but its a good time hanging out.

My Cars
    1994 325i- Sold
    Allentown PA here. I would agree with you. There are so many VA and MD guys in here but PA is slacking hard. Check out some of the East Coast Bimmers threads. I was unable to make it due to work but heard it was a pretty nice turnout for a PA meet!

I'm Lenny, 1994 325i Hellrot Red. Good to meet you!
    Present: 2001 330ci, Orient Blue Metallic, ZSP, ZPP, 18x8.5/18x9.5 VMR VB3, Muffler Delete, Smoked Corners, tails and sides, ZHP shift knob, 20% tint. 87k Miles.

Past: 1994 325i: UUC System U Exhaust, 17x7.5 Squared Off DSII's, ///M Shift Knob, Rokkor Coilovers, DJ Auto Headlights with 6k HID, Angel Eyes, Homemade Intake, 3.23 LSD.....SOLD

My Cars
    '97 BMW 328IC, '01 CVPI
    Quote Originally Posted by MSD0S View Post
    I am in Pottstown right down the street from ya
    Paul and Mark from Moonlight are awesome.
    They have done all the work on my e36.
    Did you buy the 328ic from them?

Where in boyertown are ya?
    We should meet up some time.

Me and a friend meet up with the TriState Tuner people over at the Golds gym in oaks every tuesday night around 9ish.
    Buncha ricer stuff.....but its a good time hanging out.
    I did not buy the car from them...found it on Ebay from a dealer who buys clean high mileage stuff from dealers that don't care to put high mileage on their lot.

Paul and Mark were great and I am lucky to have them as such a good and affordable local resource. I am on the hill right behind Boyertown Plumbing supply off of route 562. I will have my bimmer back from the body shop next Sunday. I am lucky enough that my wife's cousin went to BMW school in north Jersey before he opened his own shop down in York doing restorations so he is taking care of the few cosmetic glitches on the old girl. I have missed it on these few low humidity days this week...would have loved to taken her out after work for a top-down cruise.

Me...well I'm 38 and for the first time in 11 years I got myself a fun car in lieu of being stuck in a company vehicle so I am lovin' life. Now all I have to do is teach the wife to drive stick shift like I promised...lord grant me patience!

1997 328IC, 132K miles

My Cars
    E36
    Quote Originally Posted by copcarguyp71 View Post
    I did not buy the car from them...found it on Ebay from a dealer who buys clean high mileage stuff from dealers that don't care to put high mileage on their lot.

Paul and Mark were great and I am lucky to have them as such a good and affordable local resource. I am on the hill right behind Boyertown Plumbing supply off of route 562. I will have my bimmer back from the body shop next Sunday. I am lucky enough that my wife's cousin went to BMW school in north Jersey before he opened his own shop down in York doing restorations so he is taking care of the few cosmetic glitches on the old girl. I have missed it on these few low humidity days this week...would have loved to taken her out after work for a top-down cruise.

Me...well I'm 38 and for the first time in 11 years I got myself a fun car in lieu of being stuck in a company vehicle so I am lovin' life. Now all I have to do is teach the wife to drive stick shift like I promised...lord grant me patience!
    Nice!
    Hopefully ill see ya on the roads or even at the shop at some point.
    Any plans for mods? or you keeping it clean and stock.

My Cars
    '97 BMW 328IC, '01 CVPI
    Nah...she is clean and serene and I think I will keep it that way. Swapped out the factory stereo and that is about it for now. Maybe an exhaust and cold air intake over the winter but not really sold on the idea just yet...still enjoying her the way she is! Other than that I think BMW did a fine job out of the box. Where u at in PA?

1997 328IC, 132K miles

My Cars
    00 M '96 Z3
    My car is sitting at Moonlite right now. Paul amd Marc are great with our cars. I spent almost 2 month looking for someone I could trust.

I live about 45 minutes from them and looking forward to be out cruising again.
    2011 Z4
    2010 MB GLK 350
    2000 M Roady
    1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC
    1996 Z3

My Cars
    '97 BMW 328IC, '01 CVPI
    Lived in Lansdale at Broad and Cowpath when we were first married from 95-97. 45 minutes...HAH drive it like you stole it

Seriously though, glad we can get some good SE PA contacts going here!

1997 328IC, 132K miles

My Cars
    No more BMWs :(
    I live in Reading!

-Nick

My Cars
    00 Dinan M Cpe, 03 530i
    Yep...know exactly where it is at. We build police cars for Akron and West Earl down that way! Good to hear from you. Any meets in this area? Seems like PA is pretty dead on the forums, a lot of MD and VA guys more than anything.
    oh man, i have YOU to thank for them po-po's! they're always eye-ballin' my car...hehe... Except for M-burg, central PA's weak on the bfc's. there are a couple of nice bmw's here in Ephrata that I've met and some of them are here somewhere, but i'm bad w/ names and hence, usernames. I've been thinking about cruising to the bi-weekly Sonic meet in H-burg sometime. Let me know...maybe we could get something together for a drive...anyone else?

My Cars
    E36
    Where u at in PA?
    Pottstown

My Cars
    '97 BMW 328IC, '01 CVPI
    OK...looks like we have a group going here. I am headed out on vacation in the AM but maybe we can put something together say mid August for a impromptu meet. A new Sonic opened in Exeter...any other ideas?

1997 328IC, 132K miles

My Cars
    1997 BMW 528i
    Good to hear from you. There is a good BMW repair shop right in Gilbertsville if you need one once you get bimmered up! On Route 73 just below Route 100. They operate out of the back of Gilbertsville Auto Body.
    Once I get it, will check em out. But most of the things I would like to do with my son in law, which is not a fully certified mechanic in anyway, but get's the job done for hundreds of people every month from an alley garage! Got to love that.

Lived in Lansdale at Broad and Cowpath when we were first married from 95-97. 45 minutes...HAH drive it like you stole it

Seriously though, glad we can get some good SE PA contacts going here!
    ^^ Same here. Once I buy!

Quote Originally Posted by FastAlpine View Post
    I live in Reading!
    HEY I've seen tweety on the streets of Reading before. Nice ride, always have to stare whenever I see it, hey I ALWAYS stare when it come to BMW's.

My Cars
    No more BMWs :(
    Hahah nice. Yeah we need to get something together in the area!

-Nick

My Cars
    E36
    Quote Originally Posted by FastAlpine View Post
    Hahah nice. Yeah we need to get something together in the area!
    Second this

My Cars
    E30 S52 TURBO
    ptown checkin in. maybe i'll roll out to the oaks meet sometime

My Cars
    E36
    Quote Originally Posted by multiplex View Post
    ptown checkin in. maybe i'll roll out to the oaks meet sometime
    Yeah its alright, alots of rice though.
    I was the only bmw
    My buddy comes with me in his Mustang now so its not that bad.
    We met these two Mini cooper people and talked with them for a while that night. Wasnt too bad. Just trying to get some Euros to come.

We norm get there around 9 cuz i have school in KOP till around then.

Me and my friend norm got to some random bar afterwords.

My Cars
    E39
    Live in the 717 lancaster area. What up!
    Editing by: Blitz355

My Cars
    '97 BMW 328IC, '01 CVPI
    OK so I am back from OCMD now and still looking for interest in meeting up later this month. I was thinking next weekend or the weekend after at the new Sonic in Exeter. Good empty parking lot next to that for the Lowes home center. Interested in getting a family friendly thing together so we can court as large a group as possible. Also if there are a lot of folks with family or if you guys would want to tailgate we could get together at the Boyertown park. It is where they have the Duryea Day car show in September but general parking is always available and there is plenty of shade...thoughts?

1997 328IC, 132K miles

My Cars
    87 344i/5, 95 540i/6
    Quote Originally Posted by coupe du jour View Post
    oh man, i have YOU to thank for them po-po's! they're always eye-ballin' my car...hehe... Except for M-burg, central PA's weak on the bfc's. there are a couple of nice bmw's here in Ephrata that I've met and some of them are here somewhere, but i'm bad w/ names and hence, usernames. I've been thinking about cruising to the bi-weekly Sonic meet in H-burg sometime. Let me know...maybe we could get something together for a drive...anyone else?
    Hell, if you guys are up for a drive, come on over to the H-burg Sonic meetup! We're always looking for more/new people and it's very laid back. LMK if you get something organized out your way too... I'll make a trip over with some of the H-burg guys. P.S. My shop is in Palmyra, if anyone is looking to have work done... just thought I'd throw out a selfless plug, Lol! Hopefully we'll see you guys at Sonic sometime!

Garey

1987 344i/5 M3 Conversion, V8 Swapped
    1995 540i/6 1 of 3 in 1995 in Sterling Silver

My Cars
    00 Dinan M Cpe, 03 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwmech1 View Post
    Hell, if you guys are up for a drive, come on over to the H-burg Sonic meetup! We're always looking for more/new people and it's very laid back. LMK if you get something organized out your way too... I'll make a trip over with some of the H-burg guys. P.S. My shop is in Palmyra, if anyone is looking to have work done... just thought I'd throw out a selfless plug, Lol! Hopefully we'll see you guys at Sonic sometime!

Garey
    I'm definitely going to drive up for one of these...but probably not until the weather cools down a bit...maybe September-ish. My car is a little bi-atch to drive in hot weather...and between the a/c running and heat-sink it's almost no fun at all! You guys have this every other Tues., right? When's your next one?...so I can plan ahead. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast