Thread: E36 M3 Lux to Vader Seat swap ...problems...

My Cars
    '97 E36 M3

E36 M3 Lux to Vader Seat swap ...problems...

I got some power vaders from another member and was trying to put them in my M3 which has the luxury package. everything bolted up and the connecters worked except for one. I checked to see if the electrical adjustments worked and they did, but it set off the airbag light on the dash. So I assumed it was that connector. They are the red and yellow wires for the vaders and lux seats, but the connectors seem to be backwards. Any help would be great.
    Last edited by ZippinGold612; 07-22-2010 at 08:32 PM.

My Cars
    2015 435i M Sport
    The Airbag/SRS light is most likely from the seatbelt connector - which is notorious for being finicky in the 96+ E36 cars...
    BMW CCA Member 186373 - Golden Gate Chapter
    Former (e)Bombe Magazine Editor, "The Toy Box" product review writer | Current member of Team Jesus

Gone: 1995 E36 M3 Arctik Silber, 1996 E36 M3 Cosmos, 1991 E30 318is Cosmos

My Cars
    14 JGC/13 E88 128i
    Bentley ELE 243 shows red and yellow for all power seats so you most likely have another issue like the seat belt connction.

My Cars
    '97 E36 M3
    I could show the connectors if I could get my pictures uploaded. the connectors of the red and yellow wires for each set of seats is different. why can't I upload the pictures?

My Cars
    14 JGC/13 E88 128i
    It is not the wiring for the power to the seats. BMW wiring for all power seats are the same for the E36. The connectors might vary but the wiring does not.
    You have an issue other than the power seat wiring of which the most likely cause has been provided.

You need a code reader that can read SRS to determine where this is coming from. Peake makes one and maybe someone in your area can help you out...

Estrl M3 Guest
    Lux > Vaders !

My Cars
    E36
    i have the same situation where i swapped my lux with some vaders, air bag lights comes on every time i start the car, but it goes off after 5 mins or so.

so i m not going to trip about it

My Cars
    '97 E36 M3
    The red/yellow wires have different connectors; my car is a 97 m3 and the car I got the seats from i believe is a 99 m3. the connectors don't fit together.

My Cars
    99 M3 Euro, 09 Fit
    clear the codes if they dont come back your issue is solved

It is uber hard to not get an airbag light on when swapping seats.
    99 Techno S50B32 6-speed ///M3 (Complete)
    Mods: SOLD

My Cars
    '97 E36 M3
    I fixed the problem by swapping the seat belt wires, with the seat belts thats what those yellow and red wires were. they were for the explosive seat belt tensioners.
    cabot