Thread: Progman: Can't read vehicle order

My Cars
    2004 BMW 530i

Progman: Can't read vehicle order

I got my ass kicked by trying to get coding/programming with DIS to work. Apparently Progman is doing the same thing to me. :P

I'm trying to work with a US 2004 E60 (530i). I have IFH-Service running. When I tried to create a new session, I get to the part where it says:

The vehicle order (VO) is being determined.
    This goes on for several minutes, but then it comes back with:

Information on a vehicle from the model series E60 could not be determined.

Use the diagnosis function to make sure that access to the vehicle is possible via the Gateway control module (ZGM on E65).

If not yet done, end the Progman session with End and switch to diagnosis otherwise continue with Checked.
    So I click "Checked" and try again. It goes through the VO determination again, and then comes back with:

It is necessary to use OP(P)S/ICOM for the connected vehicle for programming/coding control modules. For this purpose, you must close the Progman session and select one of the requested interfaces.
    Errr... what? I set up my modified VAGCOM cable as indicated in Randomy's instructions. Some info that may be useful...

Under Administration, Settings, SSS overview shows 192.168.68.128 named SSS_OEM using progman 32.0.0 in a usable operating status. When I select this line and go into network, it shows the network information below:

• SSS name (old): SSS_OEM
    • MAC address: (the MAC address)
    • SSS name (new): SSS_OEM
    • IP address: 192.168.68.30
    • Gateway: (blank)
    • IP subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
    The blank gateway is interesting. I filled everything out when I did the initial configuration. Should I set this to 192.168.68.1 or is it supposed to be blank for some reason (I can't imagine why)?

If I go to connection test and test the connection to 192.168.68.1, I get:

Connection test - Result

The connection test for the IP address 192.168.68.1 was successful.

Tracing route to 192.168.68.1 over a maximum of 30 hops

0 PROGMAN.localdomain [192.168.68.128]
    1 192.168.68.1
    Computing statistics for 0 seconds...
    (some info about the hops, 0% lost on both)
    I think that covers it... you guys have been a phenomenal help so far, so hopefully you can save me this time as well.

My Cars
    bmw e87
    same poroblem... you have solve ???

My Cars
    BMW 330CI DropTop
    Your connection settings are fine, the Gateway needs to be blank.

My Cars
    530D E60 (09/2003)
    Quote Originally Posted by delithdra View Post
    I got my ass kicked by trying to get coding/programming with DIS to work. Apparently Progman is doing the same thing to me. :P

I'm trying to work with a US 2004 E60 (530i). I have IFH-Service running. When I tried to create a new session, I get to the part where it says:
    The vehicle order (VO) is being determined.
    This goes on for several minutes, but then it comes back with:
    Information on a vehicle from the model series E60 could not be determined.

Use the diagnosis function to make sure that access to the vehicle is possible via the Gateway control module (ZGM on E65).

If not yet done, end the Progman session with End and switch to diagnosis otherwise continue with Checked.
    So I click "Checked" and try again. It goes through the VO determination again, and then comes back with:
    It is necessary to use OP(P)S/ICOM for the connected vehicle for programming/coding control modules. For this purpose, you must close the Progman session and select one of the requested interfaces.
    Errr... what? I set up my modified VAGCOM cable as indicated in Randomy's instructions. Some info that may be useful...

Under Administration, Settings, SSS overview shows 192.168.68.128 named SSS_OEM using progman 32.0.0 in a usable operating status. When I select this line and go into network, it shows the network information below:

• SSS name (old): SSS_OEM
    • MAC address: (the MAC address)
    • SSS name (new): SSS_OEM
    • IP address: 192.168.68.30
    • Gateway: (blank)
    • IP subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

The blank gateway is interesting. I filled everything out when I did the initial configuration. Should I set this to 192.168.68.1 or is it supposed to be blank for some reason (I can't imagine why)?

If I go to connection test and test the connection to 192.168.68.1, I get:
    Connection test - Result

The connection test for the IP address 192.168.68.1 was successful.

Tracing route to 192.168.68.1 over a maximum of 30 hops
    0 PROGMAN.localdomain [192.168.68.128]
    1 192.168.68.1
    Computing statistics for 0 seconds...
    (some info about the hops, 0% lost on both)
    I think that covers it... you guys have been a phenomenal help so far, so hopefully you can save me this time as well.

Hello,

I just posted the same problem in another thread and readed this one. Does anyone a solution for this?. I have update the changes iso to the V2 but it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance

andreu

My Cars
    E87
    I think you need an another changes.iso!

Test this.

I coppied the picture and text from this tread...http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1401774

1. Stop the VMware server.
    2. Double-click the VM hard drive
    3. Select Utilities > Map
    4. Select the first partition, uncheck read-only and press Ok.

5. Open Regedit

In the Registry Editor, Click File > Load Hive
    Browse to the file Z:\Windows\System32\Config\Software
    Give the hive a name like BASE31
    It will show up in the registry

Browse to BASE31\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Winlogon
    Find the value of SHELL and double-click it

Copy path of value shell and save (e.g. *.txt)
    Change the value to Explorer.exe

Collapse the folder tree so that BASE31 is highlighted

6. Unload disc (VMware)
    Click File > Unload Hive.
    Close registry editor
    Return to VMware, open the properties for the hard drive and select Utilities > Disconnect

7. In VMWare, double-click the CD drive and load the SS BASE hack iso (see above)

8. Start up the Virtual Machine and it will load into Windows. Ignore any messages about installing new hardware.

9. Start / My Computer / CD Drive (mounted image)

10. start "sss_stage1.cmd"

11. Shutdown Windows

12. Stop the VMware server.

13. Unmount ISO

14. start Progman

If Progman doesn't start you have to so step 5 - 6 and copy the saved path (txt) in the value shell

My Cars
    530D E60 (09/2003)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandmanyz View Post

Test this.

I coppied the picture and text from this tread...http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1401774
    Sandmanyz,
    thanks for your comments, I just downloaded and I will try this aftenom. The tread is the same what I followed, I hope this changes will be fine.

I will post some.

andreu

Hi!

well, I'm trying reinstalling only de changes. iso with the new version but from the point after the progman V32 installations, I mean from the point where we map the Z unit but it doesn't work, when the VM reboots it does not open de Progman just start en Win XP.

I'm guessing that I have to reinstall all from the beginning, but I will do later.

Thanks again, I will keep you informed.

andreu
    Last edited by andreug; 09-29-2010 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    530D E60 (09/2003)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandmanyz View Post

Test this.

If Progman doesn't start you have to so step 5 - 6 and copy the saved path (txt) in the value shell

Hello Sandmanyz,

you gave me the trick, I use the same version once, but the system didn't restart. I have installed all the system from the beginning and at point where Progman doesn't start I change the path for the original and it works properly.

Well thanks a lot for your comment, I was just starting to thing that it would be impossible for me.

Now I have to find a manual and learn about how to use the Progman.

Thanks again.

Andreu

My Cars
    530d E60 09/2003
    Hello,
    I'm stuck at the same point: "It is Necessary to use OP (P) S / ICOM for the connected vehicle for programming / coding control modules. For this purpose, you must close the session and select one of Progman The requested interfaces."

You are able to solve this problem?
    If so, could you tell me how did you do?

I tried all the different changes, but nothing seems to work.
    My car is like yours, only that it is powered with diesel fuel.

If you can help me you would be of great usefulness.

My Cars
    2007 BMW E66
    Inferent, use changes xdriver v2. It should work.

My Cars
    e65 730d 2005

Total frustration

Hi all, I bought a kit of the virtual machines and lead from ebay seller bmw-cables-co-uk.

Having spent 8 hours trying to get get SSS to work I am still getting nowhere fast. I have DIS working perfectly, everything seems to be right with SSS however every time I try to get connection with SSS I get the error message "It is necessary to use OP(P)S/ICOM for the connected vehicle for programming/coding control units. For this purpose you must close the Progman session and select one of the requested interfaces."

The interface shows in the window as the correct one?!

So having read through just about all posts related to this on here (and there are a lot) I am still no further forward. I have added changes.iso, no result, I have added SSS Full Start.iso still the same.

My car is a 730d 2005 e65, am I using the correct .iso or am I just wasting my time and it will never work?

Anyone have any idea what is wrong please, pretty please..?

The cable is described as BMW OBDII USB Interface Cable - I recently found a forum suggesting this cable cannot be used to program e65, can anyone shed some light before I go mad?
    Last edited by bmwaudioman; 07-02-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost