Thread: Just picked up a D300s

My Cars
    2011 Honda Fit Sport

Just picked up a D300s

Sold my D90 and gear few months back and felt the itch to get back into it again so i picked up a D300s with a Tamron 17-50 f2.8 for a good walk around lens. so far i am loving this camera, it is extremely sturdy and feels so much better in my hands than the D90 did. the controls are so much easier for changing white balance, ISO, shooting modes etc.

i dont have another camera to take a picture of the D90 and lens with unfortunately.

I definately cant wait to get out this weekend when i go to the mountains to get some pictures.
    Nikon D800e | Nikon D700 | MB-D10 | SB900 | SB800 | SB600 | LumPro160 | Nikon 85 1.4G | Sigma 50 1.4 | Sigma 35 1.4

My Cars
    98' TiAg M3
    What are the main differences between the S and the 300? I love my d300 but I don't know if I could justify upgrading if it's just HD video
    Ryan

My Cars
    2001 Corvette
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmoE36 View Post
    i dont have another camera to take a picture of the D90 and lens with unfortunately.
    That's what mirrors are for

My Cars
    Assorted
    when did georgia get mountains?
    RIP- Team Jess

Quote Originally Posted by spez7 View Post
    I normally hate everything pup says
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8rat6587 View Post
    I hate you pup

My Cars
    Volvo 850 T5-R
    Quote Originally Posted by rGrissM3 View Post
    What are the main differences between the S and the 300? I love my d300 but I don't know if I could justify upgrading if it's just HD video
    http://mansurovs.com/nikon-d300-vs-d300s

Congrats OP. I love mine. The AF is simply awesome.

zachboumeester.com
    Flickr "There is little or no ‘reality’ in the blacks, grays and whites of either the informational or expressive black-and-white image"-Ansel Adams

My Cars
    BMW X6

Adorama or B&H?

I was gifted a new camera (a Canon T7i) that came with an 18-55mm lens. I want to get another lens for shooting videos of my car, and have been told a 50mm lens would be good for that.

My question is, where should I buy a lens? I have bought a couple of things from B&H in the past but was doing some reading (https://www.photographytalk.com/adorama-review) and now I'm wondering if Adorama is a better bet.

I have done a little price comparison between the two and there is no difference, but Adorama seems to get higher marks for customer service. If I'm spending hundreds of bucks I want to be sure I purchase the lens from the best place. If you've bought stuff from either place, please let me know how the experience was

My Cars
    '99 540i/6 (sold)
    In last ~4 years, I spent close to 25K on my gear so far, I purchased mostly form B&H but Adorama is as good as B&H, I'd say even better now, as they don't charge taxes and B&H does.
    2018 Genesis G80 Sport 3.3T AWD Havana Red
    2015 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 V8 (sold)
    2013 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 V8 R-Spec (sold)
    1999 540i/6 (sold)