Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: BMW Wheel Defects - Bent Cracked Rims - 5 Series 6 Series 7 Series 550i 650i 750i

My Cars
    2014 650i Gran Coupe

Soft rims on 650i

I own my BMW for 2 Years. it is not my primary car so I drive it only when the weather is nice , I am avoiding winter and NYC , as the roads are very bad in that aria. And still I am getting band wheels from hitting tiny potholes or running over insignificant road imperfections. It is ridiculous no other cars have such problems. I have Acura, Mercedes, Toyota Lexus all of them with sports low profile tires. Not enough while I drive I have such a fear to hit a pothole that there is no pleasure driving $100.000.00 car plus it is vibrates like a cheap clunker. My BMW is vibrating and the balancing is not solving a problem. I have been at 4 different dealerships. And their service departments do not offer any solution. I have tire and rim insurance but they do not replace the wheels just fixing them. Fixed wheels are not as good as new ones and the vibration persists and is so annoying. I can't drive my car. Ready to get an attorney and deal with it in a legal matter! No one can help me. maybe class action lawsuit will wake some one at BMW ? Please help! Any suggestions? Maybe there are stronger rims that I can use? No wonder BMW is not able to reach Lexus lever of service and will be loosing to Toyota so much business!

My Cars
    2012 550xi
    I have a 2012 550xi, which to date has had four(4) bent rims in 25,000 miles. Service rep just says "what do you expect for living in the Northeast." One rim was so bad it had to be replaced for ~$650. The other rims are still on the car and need to be straighten for ~$250 each by an independent who comes periodically to the dealership. I have only a small amount of vibration now which is tolerable.
    As far as the runflats go, I had a sidewall blow out and was not able to drive on it for fear of ruining the wheel - so much for runflats. My warranty period is up in March 2016 and by then I hope to have moved on to some other brand other than BMW.

My Cars
    2006 BMW 550i
    Original owner 2006 5501. Cracked rear drivers side rim June 2010, replaced July 2010. Was still under warranty but not covered. Cracked rear passenger rim January 2016 ... My contact information has always been kept current with BMW, I never heard anything from them about a recall or anything, nor have I been contacted about any class action .. Is there a class action I can join, or am I too late.?? Thanks

My Cars
    2014 750 Li xDrive
    Put me on the list of BMW owners with wheel problems. I have had my 2014 750Li X drive for 2 years now. I have had 3 cracked rims repaired and replaced all 4 tires because of sidewall blowouts or bubbles (RF's). Normal driving, avoid potholes when possible. MY BMW service rep said, "We would not be talking about tires and rims if you did not live in NJ." From what I read in this forum it does not matter where you live. Not happy with BMW's customer service. I'm a business owner, I could not get away with such neglect. My customers would not stand for it!

BMW, Stand behind your product!

My Cars
    2005 E60 530i
    I have been straightening my bent wheels every 12 months or so. Provided I drive on not so nicely paved Saudi roads, with potholes and whatnot, but I feel my E60 530i wheels bend more than usual. I just had all 4 wheels straightened 2 weeks back. One of them was really bad. I will find and share the picture.

Thanks.
    Last edited by bym007; 11-10-2016 at 10:05 AM.

My Cars
    2005 E60 530i
    Here is a picture of my bent wheel i had to repair earlier.

Last edited by bym007; 03-03-2017 at 06:23 PM.

My Cars
    '07 530 xi
    I have bent rims and was planning on just buying new ones. Was thinking of getting them straightened but probably not after seeing this thread!

My Cars
    2014 750li
    I am in sunny San Diego and my 2014 750Li has had three cracked wheels. My car has less than 17,000 and was told by BMW that I should have bought a "wheel and tire" warranty. What garbage.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345