Thread: How to fix upper and lower B pillars HELP..

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4

How to fix upper and lower B pillars HELP..

Does any one know if the upper and lower b pillar clips can be fix?
    my are broken off.
    Last edited by franco90; 07-09-2010 at 10:58 AM.
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    735i 2001 E38
    Take the clip out of the B pillar and slide them over the plastic clips and pop them back in place.

If the doesn't work you can drill a hole and use a screw were the upper B pillar meets the lower

Have a technical question, don't send me a PM but post it on the board so others can benefit from it!

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin NL View Post
    Take the clip out of the B pillar and slide them over the plastic clips and pop them back in place.

If the doesn't work you can drill a hole and use a screw were the upper B pillar meets the lower
    Ok Ed I will try that

and I am also going to try this
    Subject: Just Repaired my b pillar...
    Author: darkknight74 : member since April, 2008 : 559 posts
    Posted on: 2009-03-11 17:12:19 from 69.150.166.253 (69.150.166.253)

I took Big "E"'s Advice I glued it near the bottom and for good measure I found all the clips had broken.... so I pull out the Gorilla Snot and ran a little all around the edges and on the seam where it connects to the top piece.... Wow used Duck tape to hold it over night and saved my self... some jack.... can't even tell... I think its ever stronger that the factory clips

Heres the break down...

OEM way..

1) B Pillar 35-48 dollars on flea bay
    2) having to have it covered to match my current custom upholstery job $65.00

Gorilla Snot way......

1) Tube of Gorilla Snot $1.29
    2.) Duck tape... .99cents
    Last edited by franco90; 07-09-2010 at 11:48 AM.
    El Cid 1999 IL
    DUDMD Tune/DINAN CAI/19 in Style 95 Rims/Bilstein's Shocks/Eibach Lowering Springs/OEM Folding Mirrors/Custom Cupholder/Custom Wood Sunshade/Sport Steering Wheel/Euro Center Console/Leather Shifter/Rearview Camera /Luke Custom 10 in Sub Box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Rear view Camera/BMW OEM Monitors/BMW E38 Picnic Tables/Vanity Headrests/OEM Roof Rack/Strut Bar/Dinan MAF and Dinan Throttle Body and Dinan tunning /BM53 Radio upgrade /Custom Innovadrive NXG39 modify and Alpine ILX-W650 touch screen radio.

My Cars
    735i 2001 E38
    LOL then why ask

Have a technical question, don't send me a PM but post it on the board so others can benefit from it!

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin NL View Post
    LOL then why ask
    BECAUSE some one out there needs help doing this So I figure why nt post it up .
    IT might help some one out in the future I will take pics of the process
    El Cid 1999 IL

My Cars
    03' 540i, 05' 545i
    Quote Originally Posted by franco90 View Post
    BECAUSE some one out there needs help doing this So I figure why nt post it up .
    IT might help some one out in the future I will take pics of the process
    Necro post, but this did indeed help me. I see OP is still active here, so thanks OP

My Cars
    99 IL/13 SXT/04 Audi A4
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer7410 View Post
    Necro post, but this did indeed help me. I see OP is still active here, so thanks OP
    Lol long time ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    El Cid 1999 IL