Thread: Anyone using DEPO Brand Aux Fan?

My Cars
    94 325is, 98 528i

Anyone using DEPO Brand Aux Fan?

Replaced my Aux Fan resistors and the sucker only worked for 3 days

I don't have the $315 to drop on the fan from BMW and I see there are DEPO fans for sale on Ebay for $150, FCP Groton also carries it for $199 but I'd trust an ebay seller over them.

Anyone have experience with this unit? Is it good enough? I won't trust ebay with suspension components but I figure for a piece of plastic, a fan motor and some resistors surely it can last me a year or two. My fan dying has already taken out my AC compressor so that is on the list as well
    M50 3.1L Stroker - TC Kline D/A

My Cars
    '98 E36 M3 / '88 VW GTi
    Seeing how crappy depo was with headlights, I wouldnt trust them at all with something crucial as engine cooling.

My Cars
    94 325is, 98 528i
    Not really worried about using it for engine cooling...clutch fan does its work, this is mostly needed to cool down AC condensor.
    M50 3.1L Stroker - TC Kline D/A

My Cars
    540i/6, 98 Duc, 71 Opel
    it works... make sure you get the correct year for your car. It was really loud at first but it turned out it was rubbing on it's plastic grills. After removing the grills no more problem.
    Last edited by porter83; 06-21-2010 at 11:52 PM.

My Cars
    '98 528i 98k 5-SPP
    I went through the same querry this yr...go cheap or go oem. In the end, I went OEM. The $315 price comes w/ new resistor packs. That alone is $70. Plus you get a lifetime, or is it 2 yr, warranty on the sale.

My Cars
    3 540i / 1 528i
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiziks View Post
    Seeing how crappy depo was with headlights, I wouldnt trust them at all with something crucial as engine cooling.
    +1000000

couldn't have said it any better.

I'd personally go oem. Engine cooling is IMPORTANT, especially in these hot summer times.

My Cars
    98 540i6
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenocide View Post
    Replaced my Aux Fan resistors and the sucker only worked for 3 days

I don't have the $315 to drop on the fan from BMW and I see there are DEPO fans for sale on Ebay for $150, FCP Groton also carries it for $199 but I'd trust an ebay seller over them.

Anyone have experience with this unit? Is it good enough? I won't trust ebay with suspension components but I figure for a piece of plastic, a fan motor and some resistors surely it can last me a year or two. My fan dying has already taken out my AC compressor so that is on the list as well

I used to agree with you about FCP; however, it seems they have been taking a more active role in making sure their products are quality and offering warranties on all that they sell.

My Cars
    07/85-535i5 01/99-540i6
    So whats the latest word on DEPO aux fan? Any inputs based on experience?
    (oOO\(|||)(|||)/OOo) /00=[][]=00\

My Cars
    2000 528i
    installed mine last summer, so far so good...still sounded the same.