RM European Auto Parts

Thread: Code #1215... MAF Sensor Issues?

My Cars
    '95 M3 '07 SV650S

Code #1215... MAF Sensor Issues?

Drove through a horrendous thunderstorm about a week or so ago, and developed a CEL the next day upon start up. Didn't think anything of it, figured something was wet and needed to dry out. Well the car has been running rich since then. The idle is rough on occasion. Still drives "normally" as in it accelerates and has power. It's not going into limp mode, just running extremely rich. With the car on, I can disconnect the MAF sensor and nothing changes, so that makes me think that is mad. I took it out and cleaned it, but was unable to run the Bentley prescribed tests because I couldn't figure out which pins they were referring to.

I searched, but came up with mostly cars not starting, or stalling alot.

I should probably also mention that it is the oversized Dinan MAF sensor.

Any ideas?

TIA,
    Josh

"Don't run out of talent mid corner..."

My Cars
    E39M5, E500 4WD
    I'd suspect you've torn the 02 sensor wiring, or have developed an intake leak. Yes, it's certainly possible the maf died, especially if you have an aftermarket air filter that sucked in water.

Swap in a known good maf, change the 02 sensor which is probably old anyway, and a maintenance item at 100k, and smoke test the intake/

Chris Powell
    Racer and Instructor since, well. decades, ok?
    Master Auto Tech, owner of German Motors of Aberdeen
    BMWCCA 274412
    German Motors is hiring ! https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...1#post30831471