Page 5 of 192 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 4789

Thread: What did you do to your e21 today?

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Posts
    3,458
    My Cars
    e84, e36, e21
    I NEED a sandblaster. Stripping rust from my calipers with a wire brush, angle grinder, and a dremel was unfun.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    3,068
    My Cars
    81 323i Baur, 98 M3/4, 8
    Quote Originally Posted by tomscat1 View Post
    "Since my wife leaves for Texas Wednesday and she's taking the girl, so next weekend me and the boy will go out "camping" (i'm not sure Rving counts as camping anymore) for two nights, and the next weekend for three."

    Sounds great, love every minute! How old is he? He will remember this forever. What a great dad! Kudos.
    he is 3.5 years old. we went out for a night this weekend and he loved it. He especially liked the ladder to the overhead cab bed, he went up and down for a few hours.

    The Frozen Baur (AKA The Frozen Ground) now on Netflix (John Cussack is driving the Omega behind the Baur)

  3. #103
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hobart, Tasmania Australia
    Posts
    729
    My Cars
    1982 BMW e21 320i
    my lil brother decided that it would be a good idea to test his blaster out in my dads garage one rainy day, three years later there is still blasting grit everywhere. I saw the funny side, my dad is still pissed!
    B Road Blaster

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    333
    My Cars
    87 MB 190DT
    i looked at a parts car for mine and sold off the PO's sub/amp combo...weight reduced: 25 lbs!

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    sunny QLD, australia
    Posts
    1,201
    My Cars
    e21 320i, wide s50 e36
    drove it, loved it!! hoping to get some more parts turn up tomorrow


  6. #106
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Mills River, NC
    Posts
    3,956
    My Cars
    '82 E21 320i
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemer Tech View Post
    my lil brother decided that it would be a good idea to test his blaster out in my dads garage one rainy day, three years later there is still blasting grit everywhere. I saw the funny side, my dad is still pissed!
    I made the mistake of wearing shorts, t-shirt and no hat.
    (I did wear a respirator and safety glasses.)
    There was sand in my hair, my ears, all over my arms and legs.
    My "Blast Cabinet" Solution seemed real silly, real quick.

    Quote Originally Posted by joey79 View Post
    I NEED a sandblaster. Stripping rust from my calipers with a wire brush, angle grinder, and a dremel was unfun.
    That one was $35 from Harbor Freight.
    I picked up a 25 pound bucket of aluminum oxide for $40 at Northern tool.
    Last edited by pommeree; 06-14-2010 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Eric P.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    958
    My Cars
    Turbo 3.8L e21 BMW
    I took my Boot Install out recently, to see how much quicker it can go down the 1/4 mile,

    today I went up the road to the weigh station, pretty happy with the results

    With Install = 1280kg (2816 lbs)

    Without Install = 1190kg (2618 lbs)

    so hopefully it will go close to a mid 12 second pass now

    ......... 3.8L V6 + T04Z + 15psi + e85 = 500rwhp - 10sec 1/4 mile - Hopefully .........

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bozeman, Montana
    Posts
    1,017
    My Cars
    '83 320i turbo,'80 320iS
    -Took out old seats
    -Then make brackets to mount my new seats on
    -Mount new seats
    WOW my seats were beyond dead so these new ones are amazing!
    Also my old seats weigh about 40 lbs each and my new ones a about 30 so thats 20 lbs gone.

    With Install = 1280kg (2816 lbs)

    Without Install = 1190kg (2618 lbs)
    dam, 200 lbs should make a decently great difference
    Last edited by Christo19; 06-15-2010 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mill Creekish WA
    Posts
    5,674
    My Cars
    97 M3/4/5 81 E21 72 Bav
    Oh lord. A process capability index? You guys live in a nerdery just like me. What's the variable you're creating the histogram of?


  10. #110
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Westlake Village, California
    Posts
    597
    My Cars
    '82 E21, H3, es300
    Marked another day on the calendar that I'm filling up with big red "x"s since I've got the engine out of the car. Since February. When I get it running again, I will have forgotten how to drive it.
    Jayhawk

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    700
    My Cars
    80 320i, 79 Volvo 245
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronOfIpanema View Post
    Here's my update: I finished applying a final coat of eDead v5. Started applying eDead 45 on top. Pics don't show the edead 45.

    Maybe I can get her back on the road by next weekend.
    My stupid questions:

    So this is sound-deadening stuff?
    What did you put underneath the v5?
    What are you going to put on top of the 45? Carpet directly?
    Did you use this anywhere else other than floor?

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Greenpoint
    Posts
    1,166
    My Cars
    e21/325, w124
    Quote Originally Posted by Clio320i View Post
    My stupid questions:

    So this is sound-deadening stuff?
    What did you put underneath the v5?
    What are you going to put on top of the 45? Carpet directly?
    Did you use this anywhere else other than floor?
    Yes, this is stuff from the same company suggested by Jimbo a while back. I believe he used similar materials in his deadening project. The place is called Elemental Designs, I believe it's located in Cali.

    The V5 is great stuff. It really changes the register of the sound from the body work that you put it on noticeably. It just goes on in a schmear, which makes it really easy to use. Only on vertical surfaces it is a bit thin on first coat but then adheres really well on second application. Obviously I haven't driven with it yet, but just tapping it I'm getting a feel for what it can do. Sounds better!

    I didn't have any serious rust issues on my floor (amazingly) so I sprayed some areas that looked like potential future trouble spots with rust preventative paint. I also treated the inside of the doors and rear wheel wells.

    So next steps:
    1) finish eDead45-ing the floor, rear seat, doors and as much as I can along the firewall.
    2) Jute carpet mat and reinstall original foam pads that are still in decent shape.
    3) install new carpet kit from Esty, once I get it. I may have to drive carpetless for a while 'cuz I just ordered it.

    I'll post more pics this weekend.

    Motronic M20B25 E21 Legion Page

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granite Falls, WA
    Posts
    12
    My Cars
    1983 320i
    I put my front plate (required here) back on after seeing about 10 police cars and getting some definite looks. Hey, I had a good week of clean lines up front.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    700
    My Cars
    80 320i, 79 Volvo 245
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronOfIpanema View Post
    Yes, this is stuff from the same company suggested by Jimbo a while back. I believe he used similar materials in his deadening project. The place is called Elemental Designs, I believe it's located in Cali.

    The V5 is great stuff. It really changes the register of the sound from the body work that you put it on noticeably. It just goes on in a schmear, which makes it really easy to use. Only on vertical surfaces it is a bit thin on first coat but then adheres really well on second application. Obviously I haven't driven with it yet, but just tapping it I'm getting a feel for what it can do. Sounds better!

    I didn't have any serious rust issues on my floor (amazingly) so I sprayed some areas that looked like potential future trouble spots with rust preventative paint. I also treated the inside of the doors and rear wheel wells.

    So next steps:
    1) finish eDead45-ing the floor, rear seat, doors and as much as I can along the firewall.
    2) Jute carpet mat and reinstall original foam pads that are still in decent shape.
    3) install new carpet kit from Esty, once I get it. I may have to drive carpetless for a while 'cuz I just ordered it.

    I'll post more pics this weekend.
    Very cool! I've been thinking about soundproofing because I recently removed all the original foam from the drivers side floor and damn, it's louder. This used to be my quietest ride!

    Definitely looking forward to pics

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    3,068
    My Cars
    81 323i Baur, 98 M3/4, 8
    I looked at mine today patted it and said oh Shiney and went inside. It's raining....on the upside the Feds removed the baby seagulls from the work parkinglot so in a few days the seagulls will go away since the babies are gone, so if it actually isn't raining I could in theory drive it to work with a lower chance of get bombed by a bird.

    I actually was looking at RV accesories today....yet another motorized vehicle to waste even more money on, all that caveronous space on the inside is full of gizmos that need to be upgraded....I do have a good wife, just when I thought I was cut off from buying another car, I got yet another vehicle (I do however co-own this one with a friend.) it even has a Ford 7.4L V8 which I think is almost bigger than all my BMW motors put together lol.

    The Frozen Baur (AKA The Frozen Ground) now on Netflix (John Cussack is driving the Omega behind the Baur)

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    279
    My Cars
    68,74,75,77,80 race cars
    I took one of the cars to a show...



    Bill
    Attached Images Attached Images

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    199
    My Cars
    E21 320i 2.0ltr "79"

    speakers brake lights

    i installed 6X9 alpine speakers in the parcel shelf, custom made timber spaces buy hand, sanded black oil paint re sand re paint re sand re paint, They look absoutly awesome made a custom parcel shelf brake light out of soild timber, with a 72 led brake light, did the same as the speaker spacers, again looks awesome re carpeted the parcel shelf black carpet, Reparied my snaped consol with sikaflex and metal, again looks like new

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Greenpoint
    Posts
    1,166
    My Cars
    e21/325, w124
    Quote Originally Posted by glashaus View Post
    I took one of the cars to a show...



    Bill
    Whoa. Which car is that?

    Motronic M20B25 E21 Legion Page

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toronto & Kingston , ON
    Posts
    1,430
    My Cars
    e9 / e21 / e36
    Quote Originally Posted by glashaus View Post
    I took one of the cars to a show...



    Bill
    What mirrors are those? Been looking for that style.

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    BRONX,NY
    Posts
    79
    My Cars
    '83 320i & Transit
    I changed the oil and spark plugs. Today was the first time I drove my e21 in a month and it felt good.

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toronto & Kingston , ON
    Posts
    1,430
    My Cars
    e9 / e21 / e36
    Finally got my car fixed and put back together w/ a push start button.

    here's a vid, don't mind me i'm sick...
    Last edited by DEZIAC; 06-16-2010 at 08:51 PM.

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Posts
    3,458
    My Cars
    e84, e36, e21
    - made all new hard brake lines from pressure regulator back.
    - fitted the long brake line
    - ordered a set of braided stainless flex lines
    - por15'd random minor rust spots under car
    Last edited by joey79; 06-19-2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Posts
    3,458
    My Cars
    e84, e36, e21
    Installed my new long fuel lines and brake line today. They fit surprisingly well. I don't think any four letter words were uttered in the entire process. Will install fuel pump/accumulator/filter and tanks tomorrow complete with all new rubber and metal lines. Hopefully I'll be able to get some fuel into it and start it up.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Tigard, OR
    Posts
    3,032
    My Cars
    '81 323i, '87 325












    e21: 1981 2.5L sleeper
    e21: 1982 323i Baur TC 1 # 4210
    e21: 1980 323i project or parts car, can't decide
    e21: track car project
    e46: 325XiT

    click here for the latest updates

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,966
    My Cars
    1982 Hennaröt 323i
    Quote Originally Posted by joey79 View Post
    Installed my new long fuel lines and brake line today. They fit surprisingly well. I don't think any four letter words were uttered in the entire process. Will install fuel pump/accumulator/filter and tanks tomorrow complete with all new rubber and metal lines.
    Four-letter words will definitely flow freely for the fuel delivery system!!

Page 5 of 192 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •