Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: Removing fine scratches from glass?

My Cars
    Toyota Broquoia

Removing fine scratches from glass?

I have very fine scratches and swirls left over from removing my tint residue. How do I buff these out?

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Try a headlight restoration kit.

You can also use a PC 7424 with least aggressive pad and mild polish and work up to see desired results.
    It might take a few tries to find the best combo.

Don't concentrate in one small area too long or you'll end up with optical anomalies.
    Last edited by Balthazarr; 06-02-2010 at 11:41 AM.
    Walk a mile in my shoes and you are a mile away in someone else's shoes.
    Goodridge*UUC sways* Black TME's and mounts( switched from Red)* x-brace*brembo rotors*Zimmerman rear*Pagid*Riken Raptors* Roja Formula 7's (Bronze)* Stromung*Powdercoated AA DSB* OMP strut bar*GC RSM's* M3 alum/leather knob*JTD underpanel *Traffic PRO (sold) *Black hella Ellipsoids w/celis rings * ACS Pedals*ACS handbrake*RE Octane SSK*Wheelskins Eurotones S/ Wheel Cover( tossed-replaced with new one)* Totally Covers Front seat velour covers with custom styling *Rieger roof spoiler-lost it on fwy Stock A/B*URI CP (ditched years ago)*540 HFM (sold) Stock HFM (BeckArnley)*FMS 24 lb inj*Alum rad and some other stuff*Konis w/adj rr's*Vogtland springs ** Passport 8500(sold)*Passpprt 7500 (sold V1-1.8 with POP) No detectors at all.
    Coming...nada

BMWCCA-303681

My Cars
    Nissan Pathfinder
    Are you sure that it's actually scratched and not just residual adhesive? Sometimes that stuff can really stay on there.

My Cars
    Toyota Broquoia
    Pretty sure they are scratches. I used a scotch bright kitchen sponge (the abrasive side) to clean off the residue from the tint.

If it's not scratches and just left over residue, how can I clean it off? I've been told extra fine steel wool and alcohol?

My Cars
    Nissan Pathfinder
    Steel wool 000 and alcohol will work fine.
    Polishing the glass itself if it's scratched is very difficult. I very rarely will do it unless a customer brings me a classic and wants to restore it and keep as much of the original parts as possible.
    If it's actually scratched, best thing to do is leave it in a bad part of town and hope someone breaks it, and then get new windows from your insurance company