Thread: Problem installing INPA

My Cars
    '02 540i/6, '14 F10 535i

Problem installing INPA

I am having troubles with the INPA installation. I have downloaded the 3 INPA 6.4.3 files from the NCS folder from 4shared.com and the ENGLISH SETUP.pdf and the Installprog901.exe from the Install folder. When I run the exe. file it takes me to the setup and I get an error message right here:

6. Select configuration "BMW Group Rectification programs UK" and click continue (this
    selection makes INPA run in English which is kind of useful!)

When I click continue it gives me an error message: UNLHA32 Error Report (on UnlhaMain : 2) A LZH Archive not found. : 'C:/DOCUMENTS.LZH'
    Then it closes the installation.

My Cars
    96 328i, 07 E91 328xi
    Put the installation on a CD and run from there. David just let me know about this today.

My Cars
    '02 540i/6, '14 F10 535i
    I think I got INPA installed.

Thanks

My Cars
    97' 328i
    What was the solution? I am having the same problem. thanks

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Put the installation on a CD and run from there.

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    I made the files into an ISO image and mounted with Daemon Tools Pro.

Installed OK, but INPA worked crappy. SO... it appears you MUST burn it to DVD.

I un-installed it, as I dont have a DVD drive on my new Ideapad.
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    2001 740il, 2006 Mini
    There's no need to make an ISO image or burn a CD. Mount the NRG image that you get from extracting the INPA 6.4.3 files in Daemon tools lite, and run Installprog901.exe (or Installprog.exe) from the Daemon tools drine.

My Cars
    2001 MCoupe S54, 07 Z4MC
    Hi: I am in exact same posture as you reported on this thread. My INPA came already on a cd and I thought I was doing this right but what exactly did you do differently after you posted this problem?

thanks

Henry

My Cars
    2001 BMW E46 320i
    I create a new folder on C drive called INPA_CD,then put all files from downloaded INPA,then run install from INPA_CD.

My Cars
    2001 MCoupe S54, 07 Z4MC
    Quote Originally Posted by paulb34 View Post
    I create a new folder on C drive called INPA_CD,then put all files from downloaded INPA,then run install from INPA_CD.
    Thank you, Paul, and in the meantime I figured out my problem: the software I bought came on one cd, but it was compressed. Trying to "run it off the cd" was fruitless and extracting files to my desktop got me nowhere either (didn't think C: drive).

FINALLY it hit me to extract to computer, to its own folder, then burn that decompressed folder to its own cd. Then run installation off of THAT cd. It worked.

Was not on the inx sheet, which is missing some other minor items but that was the biggie.

Thanks everyone, and I hope revisiting this issue here helps the next person.

fwiw I threw misfire codes in cylinder 5. My next project...

My Cars
    bmw
    Quote Originally Posted by paulb34 View Post
    Thanks Paul. Easiest fix ever!

My Cars
    1998 318ti 2001 330ci
    For whatever it's worth, it seems that the "root" of the problem is that the install software is allergic to spaces and punctuation.

While burning it to a CD will solve the problem, it does that because the files are then on the root of the CD drive, with no intervening file names.
    I was trying to install it from a file folder on my desktop, so the files were in "BMW Software" which was on "My Desktop"
    That's two spaces right there.
    I just took the whole folder and moved it to the root of the C-drive (C:\) and it worked fine.

As a Mac guy, I find this stupid WinDOS formatting stuff an infuriating waste of my time, but I guess it is what it be.

- Eric

My Cars
    2010 328xi N51
    If anyone is looking for a good IMPA install, I can send you the 756mb file through google docs. Send me a PM.

My Cars
    328i
    Hey fellas ive tried both way and still haven't made any progress, the setup still give me the unlha32 error. Any ideas why. My program came on a disk no luck, copies to desktop no luck, places in to of c drive no luck.

My Cars
    540i/AT 03/2002 ExclEdt
    There are two Inpa Folders on the CD. One is a uncompressed Folder and the other is as ISO image to be mounted. I solved this issue by installing from the mounted ISO image.

My Cars
    Bmw e61

Inpa

Quote Originally Posted by grussell View Post
    If anyone is looking for a good IMPA install, I can send you the 756mb file through google docs. Send me a PM.
    Hill m8. Could send me inpa instal please. I'm trying on my windows 7 starter but no results. I'm getting some errors only.

My Cars
    BMW
    I did that and still gives me error I checked all file locations and made sure there were no spaces I deleted everything from the c drive and reinstalled it fresh from the cd and boom same error is there something I can do in cmd or move files around or rename a file or configure that file in the install folder?