Thread: E3 Alpina B2-S

My Cars
    E9,E3, E21 Alpina's

E3 Alpina B2-S

Heres a picture of my Alpina E3. The restoration is just about complete. Full B2-S conversion done by Alpina in the 70's.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by djminkin; 05-24-2010 at 02:40 PM.

My Cars
    had a M3/4 SC'ed
    Mmmmmm Alpina E3 . some day I will have one

My Cars
    E30 (Delores), W123
    Wow beautiful. I know it's rude to ask, but I'm very curious: do you have a value estimate on this car?

My Cars
    E9,E3, E21 Alpina's
    Quote Originally Posted by KevRC4130 View Post
    Wow beautiful. I know it's rude to ask, but I'm very curious: do you have a value estimate on this car?
    Good question. Ive been searching the globe for other Alpina E3's and have not found one "original" car. Alpina did tune some E3's but most if not all were the less powerful B2 conversions. This car is the more powerful B2-S conversion that was done on the E9 CSL's (250hp). Right now Im pretty confident its the only one in existence, and its complete and all there, including the paperwork, so its probably worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it because there is really nothing to compare it to.

My Cars
    e9 / e21 / e36
    Very nice car, any more pics of the progess? Also, what's the history of the car? As in, are you the original owner? If not, where did it come from?

My Cars
    E9,E3, E21 Alpina's
    The car has an interesting story. It was owned by an Israeli diamond mechant. He bought the car in Israel new in 1974. He sent the car to Europe and took it to Alpina where he traded diamonds for the conversion. The car was then sent back to Israel and eventually sent to Miami Florida when the owner moved there in the late 80's. It was then abandoned at a local BMW shop in Fort Lauderdale sometime in the 90's where it sat for 10 years. It was then sold to another mechanic who managed to track down the original owner in Miami and get the original title and all the paperwork. It then sat in his warehouse for several years before I found it. He planned to restore the car but it never happened.
    Although its had two prior owners neither guy drove the car at all and it spent most of its time sitting inside. The car only has 56K kilometers and although it needed a lot of cosmetic work, all the original Alpina parts were there and the motor was strong. The car was repainted silver so I completely disassembled the car repainted it back to its original fjord blue color and did a pretty decent restoration on it. Car has triple solex ddh 45 carbs, so its been a pretty big issue getting the carbs dialed in running properly. I still have one issue with the driveshaft to sort out and the car should finally be done.

My Cars
    had a M3/4 SC'ed
    That's CRAZY history for that Alpina!!!!!! SICK F-ing machine GREAT FIND...... how did you acquire it?
    Last edited by 97m34; 05-25-2010 at 05:26 PM.

My Cars
    91 325iXT, 67 Alfa
    Seriously cool car! There was another E3 Alpina at our BMWCCA drive earlier in the year. I'm not sure what specific package it was but the fellow lives in British Columbia. Here is the only pic I got.

My Cars
    E9,E3, E21 Alpina's
    Found it by luck really. Had heard about it, but noone knew where it was. Kind of stumbled on the guys warehouse two years later. Took a lot of convincing to get him to sell it to me but he was happy I was going to restore it.

Yes I know this silver car. Not a real Alpina. Owner assembled some cool Alpina parts on it through the US distributor back in the day. Still a nice car though.

Whats the story with the E9 in your sig? Is that your car? Alpina? Are those real ALpina wheels?
    Last edited by djminkin; 05-25-2010 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E9,E3, E21 Alpina's
    E3 and E9 Alpina's

My Cars
    E9,E3, E21 Alpina's
    The whole family

My Cars
    91 325iXT, 67 Alfa
    Wow! Amazing stable you have there! Thanks for sharing!

My Cars
    had a M3/4 SC'ed

Talking

DUDE!!!!! amazing

My Cars
    1990 BMW Z1
    absolutely incredible line-up! Does anyone know what an Alpina 3.0CSI B2 in very good condition would be worth?

My Cars
    1x633, 1x E3 2 DR Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by djminkin View Post
    Heres a picture of my Alpina E3. The restoration is just about complete. Full B2-S conversion done by Alpina in the 70's.
    Love it. Looks like an E9 CSL. I have noticed that on ebay.de they often sell ALPINA tacho's (instruments). I've seen them running to 260km/h and 300km/h. Alpina is normally painted on the dials. This is the first time I've seen Alpina cast into the intstrument console and it looks far more authentic.

Love the car. Do you get a B2-S badge for the boot (trunk)?
    1977 633 CSi RHD Euro. S38B38 3.9L M5 Transplant. 5 Speed Getrag Dogleg. 3.73 LSD. 417hp, 369lb/ft
    1971 3.0CS E3 2dr Alpina Special Coupe Racer, 347hp, 295lb/ft

My Cars
    C-GAGL
    Wow. this is beautiful!

My Cars
    several
    Wow!

My Cars
    BMW E3 2500
    Nice E3 Alpina - never knew they did one and certainly have never seen an original before, although seen several replica cars.

You might have a unique car there!

Cheers,

Martin.