Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Need a new radio with MP3/Ipod/iphone control/bluetooth/USB and auxiliary inputs

My Cars
    it's no E30 :/

Need a new radio with MP3/Ipod/iphone control/bluetooth/USB and auxiliary inputs

I think it's time for me to give up the stock radio/6cd changer. I don't even have that many Cds anymore. I want something similar that I have in my truck, however in my truck I have a navigation receiver with a 7" screen, where I can make/receive calls via bluetooth, I can connect my iphone via ipod receiver or by the auxiliary input so I can watch movies, watch youtube videos, listen to pandora, anything from itunes, justinTV and other radio apps that i have on my phone. For the car I want just a regular cd reciever with bluetooth, mp3 player, ipod connector and auxiliary input possibly in the front so I could easily connect the phone and listen to Pandora radio/radio apps.

I don't want to spend more than $300, I'm not a media/audio junky, I just want a decent radio.

Any idea what to get, anything that flows with the amber interior lights from the dash will be good, it's for a 98 m3
    Last edited by The-Great-328ic; 05-21-2010 at 05:52 PM.

My Cars
    1983 633 csi

cd /bluetooth/mp3/wma/ipod/

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-famxl8P...5-Package.html

Got this with the bluetooth adapter at walmart for 100.00.

My Cars
    E30's,POS-i mean Porsche
    just put an alpine CBE-130BT and it does all that. sounds great and works amazing. displays who calls. had changable lights, and yes, it has red, or amber. matches really well. i paid $184 for it on ebay.
    89' 325i -Auto(blah)-DD
    88' 325ic-dubbed "Miniskirt Nasty"
    87' 944 turbo (951)-needs things.

My Cars
    96 328i, 07 E91 328xi
    I get the urge to replace the HU sometimes, until I start looking at them, after-market HU's are friggin obnoxious. The one I would probably select is the Eclipse CD5030 though. It's less gregarious than most, and has the features I want like time-delay and parametic equalizer along with goodies like bluetooth and USB connectivity.

My Cars
    1997 328i
    jose let me use your old radio
    Long Live ElPandashow

My Cars
    1983 633 csi
    Quote Originally Posted by Fogrocker View Post
    http://www.crutchfield.com/S-famxl8P...5-Package.html

Got this with the bluetooth adapter at walmart for 100.00.
    Has red/amber lighting also matches the output on my 83' 633

My Cars
    yes
    kenwood 945bt built in bluetooth, rear USB and AUX, looks pretty good in e36 as well

also streams bluetooth audio

Last edited by n0n0perational; 05-26-2010 at 02:39 AM.

My Cars
    it's no E30 :/
    Well, I decided for this Sony mex bt3800U. It has everything I wanted/needed. Got it for $178 shipped( free mounting kit/bmw wire harness adapter)using a $20% off coupon at cruthfield. It also had a lot of great reviews on it. Mp3/wma player, ipod controls, usb, bluetooth which not only allows me to make/recieve calls but will also allow me to stream music from my iphone without connecting any cable whatsoever.

Last edited by The-Great-328ic; 06-10-2010 at 07:39 PM.
    R.I.P. Louie: TehPandaShow gone but not forgotten