Thread: anyone make angel eyes for the e36?

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    that would rule... those headlights are SO beautiful. I love them.

Tell me all ur opinions,
    Josh

My Cars
    '94 740i
    yes I want some too. just waiting for others to do it first.

They're just too damn expensive!

However, i have a new idea... The complete e39 my2001 headlight assy w/ xenons from bekkers is something like 1800 bux... but you can buy the my2001 non-xenon's with the amber turn signals (since we don't give about the turn signals when we will be gutting the units anyways) for 580. Now since i already have a hid kit, i'll just install that in the e39 angel eye headlights. Now the only additional cost -- i think you need the e36 euro headlamps in order to perform this upgrade because you are able to dissassemble them. That will add another 300+ to the cost. But once again, since you would only be using the housings and you really don't care about the lamps inside, don't spend the extra money on the ellipsoids, just by the euro FF's for about 100 bux less.

All in all, there really is no practical way to perform this upgrade unless you are made of money. I hopefully will be upgrading to the euro ellipsoids or ff's sometime soon, and that will be enough for me (unless i can get a hold of some e39 headlights at a salvage yard or something for really cheap and the odds of that happening are nill)

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    It took me about a day or so to figure out what the hell 'angel eyes' were... but here's my idea.

Why not find some NEON rope and wrap it around the high beam housing on a euro ellipsoid headlight? You'd have to do some drilling, but it should work.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    03 Evo
    Wouldn't the neon rope 1) be affected by the heat generated by the headlamps, and 2) not last that long?
    Vishal

'03 Track Evo
    '97 Eurosport TS M3 - Sold
    [Track Videos]

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Originally posted by V Shah
    Wouldn't the neon rope 1) be affected by the heat generated by the headlamps, and 2) not last that long?
    Don't know... it's only an idea. I never actually tried it before.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    '97 328i
    give it a try....

you can get neon rope and strips that run on 9V from here

http://www.rcneon.com

I've ordered from them befor....thy're legit.
    '97 328i, Montreal blue
    '86 535i Champagne (sold!)
    Sandbox IT

Originally posted by Atticka
    give it a try....

http://www.rcneon.com

I've ordered from them befor....thy're legit.
    This is the coolest stuff i have seen in a while! I've always been a sucker for anything radio controled car related....

My Cars
    Ford Exploder

Talking

Okay, I have an oppertunity to buy some angel lights at a very good price and then try to fit them into my Euro's. I know none of you have done this yet, but will they fit without too much cutting or modification? I don't want to plunk down the cash and then not be able to use them. Or worse yet, ruin my perfectly good Euro's. Besides, I am about to buy some Coilovers so I have a hard time justifying buying the lights now.

Thanks,
    John

No more M3, Had to buy a family hauler to get cash for the new house. A momentary set back, but the M5 is coming soon.

My Cars
    '97 328i
    Originally posted by jww///95

This is the coolest stuff i have seen in a while! I've always been a sucker for anything radio controled car related....
    I bought the headlight/blue fog light/tail light kit for my gas powered Mercedez CLK GTR 1/10 scale....

havent installed it yet.....need to get some really good paint remover to remove the paint from where I want the lights......but they are rucking bright!!! light up my entire room, and they are focused too, like real headlights!
    '97 328i, Montreal blue
    '86 535i Champagne (sold!)
    Sandbox IT

ok, i give,, what is "angel eyes lights"?
    us folks in the south are a little slower about the trends
    and all. help us figure out what this is.
    thanks
    Tommy aka TampaTurboM3
    95 AA turbo M3
    11.679 @ 118.79 1/4 mile 11/20/2004
    Daily Driven, Stock Looking

Originally posted by tampaturbom3
    ok, i give,, what is "angel eyes lights"?
    us folks in the south are a little slower about the trends
    and all. help us figure out what this is.
    thanks
    Here is a pic
    TD///M3
    '97 Cosmos M3/4

thank you,
    now i know.
    Tommy aka TampaTurboM3
    95 AA turbo M3
    11.679 @ 118.79 1/4 mile 11/20/2004
    Daily Driven, Stock Looking

Brandonb Guest
    The neon rope idea has already been done. My friend did it on his E46 323. It looks pretty sweet, but he said it was a pain in the ass.

-Brandon