Thread: Need some help 750il limp mode again

My Cars
    1991 e32 750il

Need some help 750il limp mode again

Need some help no codes or anything but after engine warms up it goes into limp mode and drops the left bank? any ideas on temp dependent limp mode....shogun please point me in the right direction as soon as you come back!

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    that is not enough info, what have you checked so far, what have you swapped so far such as MAF, distributor, checked fuel pumps/fuel hose pressure, sparks, sparl plugs and wire harness etc pp.
    Is the battery full? Low voltage can also cause this.
    Is the EML light on when you switch ignition on and then goes off after 2 seconds?

defective temp sensors will not cause limp mode, it will run less effective. Richer fuel/air ration, but it will run on 12 cylinders.
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    1991 e32 750il

limp

code 16 now, i have spark at all wires dme is cutting injector pulse i think the cylinder idenification sensor is shot on 7-12....I took the wire off and got a new sensor, i can't figure out how to get the end off of the wire at the cap to get the sensor off.. that swivel end and 90 degree with the hard plastic cover is weird.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    http://bmwe32.masscom.net/sean750/Re...ireSet_V12.htm

or get a new V12 wire set from me, silicone, very soft, and the best thing is with woodscrew type plugs, easy to take off and scew them in, much better than the original bush type.
    black set $210.00
    blue set $230.00
    ex Japan, plus shipping where you live. 1 set consists of total 14 wires with plugs in each end, 12 for distributor<>spark plug, 2 for ignition coil<>distributor.
    There is a older thread on this forum where I showed a pic of the blue set.
    For that price you usually only get the wires for one side.

Ryan,
    the complete black set will be sent by EMS with tracking today to
    Angier, NC.
    According to the post office online info it will take 4 days, provided no delay by your customs office for overseas mail.
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...=ignition+wire
    Last edited by shogun; 05-20-2010 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    just got feedback from Ryan by email:

Subject:ignition cable pics

Thanks man worked like a champ, car runs on 12 again. Sorry for the hassle just didn't want to break any thing.
    Thanks.
    Ryan
    ------------------------------------
    The hassle was the adding of the donut to the new ignition wire set he got from me. That has the connectors not with bushes but with woodscrew type connections, these fit very tight and it needs some power to disconnect them.