Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ft. Bragg

My Cars
    M3&318ti, 535xit, 2002
    Hm...didn't know there were other meetings going on. Is that a weekly thing for them?

BBS RC041/BMW Style 29

My Cars
    98 alpine white m3
    im not really sure. didnt really have time to stop and chat with any of them. but the only guy with an e46 out there is in my company. ill ask him this coming week and see what he says. when i find out ill let you guys know.

Quote Originally Posted by pachieh View Post
    I'm moving to Bragg in August. Anyone know of a good independent repair shop that knows E46 M3s? I'll most likely be living out in Southern Pines.
    theres a shop in charlotte called eurowise.probably the best shop in north carolina that i know of. fayetteville is a little slim on good independent shops.ive yet to find any.so i just use the hobby shop on pope to service my own car.
    Last edited by andrew765; 01-16-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E92 N54
    guess there having that meet at Gander Mtn today at 1pm. Whos gonna be there?

My Cars
    M3&318ti, 535xit, 2002
    I wish - I'm stuck in MO for another 3-1/2 months! Hopefully the meets will still be going on when I get back.

BBS RC041/BMW Style 29

My Cars
    E92 N54
    It was a really nice day out, but I didnt get a chance to stop by the meet >_>
    Anyone else on here that went?

My Cars
    98 alpine white m3
    havent even driven my car in about a month. redid the front end and my alignment is thrashed. any of you guys that are lowered know a shop that will align the car? i took it to firestone on butner and they wouldnt even try to put it on the rack.

My Cars
    E92 N54
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew765 View Post
    havent even driven my car in about a month. redid the front end and my alignment is thrashed. any of you guys that are lowered know a shop that will align the car? i took it to firestone on butner and they wouldnt even try to put it on the rack.
    Theres a place on Yadkin near the skibo intersection they have a bunch of older BMWs out there, they could probably do it.
    Sorry cant recall the name of the place.

My Cars
    93 325is
    Not sure of a place in Fayetteville. I take mine to a independent (Import Motor Works) in Cary. Great shop.

My Cars
    98 alpine white m3
    Quote Originally Posted by V8EATR View Post
    Theres a place on Yadkin near the skibo intersection they have a bunch of older BMWs out there, they could probably do it.
    Sorry cant recall the name of the place.
    yeah.i had some exhaust work done there.idk that i really trust that place doing my alignment though.thanks for the input anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by ElricE36 View Post
    Not sure of a place in Fayetteville. I take mine to a independent (Import Motor Works) in Cary. Great shop.
    ive heard good things about those guys.im afraid my car wouldnt be too safe to drive all the way up there to them though. looks like ima have to figure it out by myself with a tape measure maybe and try to get it close to spec. at least enough to drive it somewhere.
    Last edited by andrew765; 02-07-2011 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E92 N54
    Weather is getting nicer. Any meets/events coming up?

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    Hey guys just PCS'd here from Fort Lewis, WA...'95 M3 Avus Blue, no front bumper UUC RSC36 exhaust, TMS Chip, UUC Evo 3 shifter, M5 clutch and lightweight flywheel. Lemme know if anyone wants to buy the TMS chip in April as I'm going FI in March. Going to the Fayetteville Motor Sports Park this Sunday to do some 1/4 mile runs. We can meet up and travel together if anyone wants to go?

My Cars
    E92 N54
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatality View Post
    Hey guys just PCS'd here from Fort Lewis, WA...'95 M3 Avus Blue, no front bumper UUC RSC36 exhaust, TMS Chip, UUC Evo 3 shifter, M5 clutch and lightweight flywheel. Lemme know if anyone wants to buy the TMS chip in April as I'm going FI in March. Going to the Fayetteville Motor Sports Park this Sunday to do some 1/4 mile runs. We can meet up and travel together if anyone wants to go?
    Sunday hmm. I wont be in town, I drove back home for the long weekend. If its nice next weekend we can meet up. ^_^

My Cars
    93 325is
    I just took over as the "area coordinator" for the Tarheel BMWCCA in the Sandhills. This covers Fayetteville, Sanford, and Pinehurst. We will be holding our monthly meeting on 2/23 @ Luigi's restaurant in Fayetteville. Lots of events going on this year. Come out and join us, if you can. I'm trying to grow the membership in the area, and am open to new ideas for events, gatherings, etc. to raise the interest in the club.
    Last edited by ElricE36; 02-18-2011 at 08:04 AM.

My Cars
    M3&318ti, 535xit, 2002
    Once again - all the fun happens when I'm OUT of town!

@Fatality - Welcome to Fayettenam! Hope to see you around.

BBS RC041/BMW Style 29

My Cars
    98 alpine white m3
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatality View Post
    what unit are you in now? id be all for a meet if i had my suspension sorted out.

My Cars
    M3&318ti, 535xit, 2002
    Sheesh - where were all you guys two months ago?!

@ Andrew - what's up with the suspension?

BBS RC041/BMW Style 29

My Cars
    E92 N54
    what unit are you in now? id be all for a meet if i had my suspension sorted out.
    Whats up with it? If you need help let me know, Id be glad to help.

My Cars
    93 325is

Thumbs up

If I can help, let me know. Have replaced/upgraded suspension on several BMWs so far.

My Cars
    98 alpine white m3
    right now im rubbing pretty bad. im sittin on bilstein sports and h&r race springs.shouldve just got coilovers. but ill live with that mistake. i redid my entire front end recently. but i used the bimmerworld kit and they recommend the offset bushings with the meyle control arms. but ill probably change those back out for the regular bushings. i think that may be the symptom of my rubbing. maybe the akg sphericals would work better. we shall see how that goes.but i just got the uuc rtabs in yesterday. hopefully i can get those in this weekend.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    I'm in 2/319th. Good luck with suspension work. I'm addressing that with KW coilovers after this upcoming deployment.

Sunday hmm. I wont be in town, I drove back home for the long weekend. If its nice next weekend we can meet up. ^_^
    Next weekend there's some kinda of car show goin on in Myrtle Beach and I might go check it out. It'd be a nice little drive if anyone else is going to play along the way

My Cars
    E92 N54
    My car is going to be paid off by Tuesday. If I decide to keep it and continue my plans I want to get a nice track GC coil set.

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5-99 M3(track)
    @Fatality - I'll be at the drag strip this Sunday. I'll be there in my e46 M3 but I will not be racing it.
    I'll be going there to spectate. I'll look for you. What time is it?

@Elrice36 - Luigi's is the one across from CarMax correct? How many people are going to be at this?

@andrew765 - If you need help with your suspension please contact me via PM. I have EXTENSIVE knowledge on suspensions and this goes for anyone else for that matter if you need help with your Bimmer PM me and we'll fix them.

@V*EATR - GC coils are nice for the first 8 to 10k and then after that they suck. I sold my e36 M3 last year
    with the GC track setup coils (spent $1900) and I just spoke with the guy that bought my car about a month ago and he said that his front strut broke and just started leaking on him. So that's about 15k or so on the strut (not very good in my opinion for the money) After I heard this I was quite disappointed because that is what I was going to get for my M but now I'm really considering KW v2. Also, their support isn't very good either.

I think the VW guys meet up every Sunday at Gander Mountain and have been doing it for years. I'm just not sure of the time though.

Sorry for the long rant

My Cars
    M3&318ti, 535xit, 2002
    The VW guys' meet is at 3pm on Sundays. Thanks for sharing the info about the GCs!

BBS RC041/BMW Style 29

My Cars
    E92 N54
    Quote Originally Posted by scbmw017 View Post
    @V*EATR - GC coils are nice for the first 8 to 10k and then after that they suck. I sold my e36 M3 last year
    with the GC track setup coils (spent $1900) and I just spoke with the guy that bought my car about a month ago and he said that his front strut broke and just started leaking on him. So that's about 15k or so on the strut (not very good in my opinion for the money) After I heard this I was quite disappointed because that is what I was going to get for my M but now I'm really considering KW v2. Also, their support isn't very good either.

I think the VW guys meet up every Sunday at Gander Mountain and have been doing it for years. I'm just not sure of the time though.

Sorry for the long rant
    Well thanks for that info lol, that will definetly motivate me to check out a different brand for coils.

Yeaaaah, Ive had some 'experiences' at VW meets..

My Cars
    98 alpine white m3
    Quote Originally Posted by scbmw017 View Post
    @Fatality - I'll be at the drag strip this Sunday. I'll be there in my e46 M3 but I will not be racing it.
    I'll be going there to spectate. I'll look for you. What time is it?

@Elrice36 - Luigi's is the one across from CarMax correct? How many people are going to be at this?

@andrew765 - If you need help with your suspension please contact me via PM. I have EXTENSIVE knowledge on suspensions and this goes for anyone else for that matter if you need help with your Bimmer PM me and we'll fix them.

Sorry for the long rant
    yeah.luigi's is across from carmax. hopefully i can get my car squared away soon.im thinkin ill need spacers but ill determine that once i get the fcabs switched out. if i need a hand ill make sure to pm you. where do you track your car at though? vir?

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast