Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How To: E38/E39 Cruise Control and Multifunction Steering Wheel Retrofit to a '96 E36

My Cars
    BMW 320I c

E39 Actuator mount

Hi Guys,
    Is there anyone who know how the actuator form E39 must be fited on E36 air filter box?
    E39 mounts does not fit E36. I have the actuator but no clue how to fit it on the air box. Do I need to make custom adaption plate?

Thanks!

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    Look at where your airbox mounts and you'll see 2 round rubber bushings. The actuator slides onto those bolts.

Wrong car = wrong mounting bracket
    Last edited by flyfishvt; 10-17-2012 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Just get the correct E36 actuator. Not sure if the Z3 and later versions even fit in the E36 mounts.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    BMW 320I c
    Quote Originally Posted by flyfishvt View Post
    Look at where your airbox mounts and you'll see 2 round rubber bushings. The actuator slides onto those bolts.

Wrong car = wrong mounting bracket

Is not a direct fit, and also is a tigh place between the airfilter, chasis and bonnet. I need to build some adaption mounts.
    Changing the car might be a sollution. For the moment I spent 30 min to swap the steering wheel and E39 slip ring. I am not at that final part right now. I must finish first the electrical part but I don't have time this days.
    I will uploadt a phone when will be done.

Thanks!

My Cars
    BMW 320I c
    Quote Originally Posted by tvali007 View Post
    Is not a direct fit, and also is a tigh place between the airfilter, chasis and bonnet. I need to build some adaption mounts.
    Changing the car might be a sollution. For the moment I spent 30 min to swap the steering wheel and E39 slip ring. I am not at that final part right now. I must finish first the electrical part but I don't have time this days.
    I will uploadt a phone when will be done.

Thanks!
    Found the OEM part that was missing. The E39 mount just won't fit the E36 airbox. Need the right e36 one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    93 740i, 84 533i
    Great write up. If anyone is interested in adding a multi-function wheel WITH steering wheel heat, I have one available. It does not have the single stage air bag. Let me know if you want pics. It has some wear on a couple buttons and wear through at the 12:00 position (about 1 inch)
    Black on Black 740i - 10/92 build date, 225,000 miles.
    Delphin on Cherry 533i - 4/84 build date, 136,000 miles
    Black on Black 328i - 3/96 build date, 185,000 miles - Sold
    2008 Porsche Cayenne GTS

My Cars
    1996 BMW 325TDS Touring

MFL Retrofit

Hello!

I have a 325 tds touring automatic (12/1996) and i'm thinking to retrofit The MFL.

Does anyone can tell me what parts i need and how can i do it?
    Im a noob with this but if someone explain me or send me a wiring diagram, i can see if my electrician can do it.!

Thanks
    BMW E36 325TDS Touring

My Cars
    318is M44

Help

Quote Originally Posted by M3C View Post
    Nice to hear you're happy with BMW TP, I have the same unit made by Becker, believe the only difference is the model as this one is for US model 4771, most likely your's is 4773 which is for Europe if I'm not mistaken. But the functions and the looks are the same.
    Have same control functions but my steering wheel is M 3 spoke and buttons are set to illuminate when the engine is running (radio on or off).
    How did you exactly made the wiring with a diode to have power for cruise functions if radio fails?
    I dont understand sorry I speek english little bit, your sterring whell buttons operates whit i -bus whit your Trafic Pro? if operats wich pin at traffic pro?
    I have bmw Bussins CD it funktions from stering whell I buy an traffic pro but i dont no what pin is for I bus?
    Please help me

My Cars
    BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumi View Post
    I dont understand sorry I speek english little bit, your sterring whell buttons operates whit i -bus whit your Trafic Pro? if operats wich pin at traffic pro?
    I have bmw Bussins CD it funktions from stering whell I buy an traffic pro but i dont no what pin is for I bus?
    Please help me
    If I remember well... i-bus wire goes to pin C2 12 on the TP.

My Cars
    318is M44

Traffic pro 4720 Help need

Quote Originally Posted by MParallel View Post
    What's with all the wires on the back of the wheel? If you have the correct slipring it's all plug&play with the car. No need for any splicing of wires and stuff.

PS: These button pods were never used on an E46. Only E38/E39.

You should not use an E46 wiring diagram.

It's so easy. The purple wire is the wire for lights of pods and powering the buttons.

White = ibus wiring.

Connect purple to switch +12v and white to radio wiring loom's yellow ibus wire (which goes to pin 7 on the back of the radio) and it will work.
    Ii work when i have CD43, but now whic pint on traffic pro 4720 is the i-bus?

- - - Updated - - -

If I remember well... i-bus wire goes to pin C2 12 on the TP.
    But i wired at c2 12 but don,t work why? if it works fine whit bussines CD43?

My Cars
    BMW M3
    Ii work when i have CD43, but now whic pint on traffic pro 4720 is the i-bus?

- - - Updated - - -

But i wired at c2 12 but don,t work why? if it works fine whit bussines CD43?
    Our TPs are 4771, could be that TP 4720 is different, can you show a picture of the rear pins from you owners manual ?

My Cars
    318is M44
    Our TPs are 4771, could be that TP 4720 is different, can you show a picture of the rear pins from you owners manual ?
    be-t-pro.jpg
    this is my rear connector, i read at forum this morning, the becker traffic pro dont have Ibus at 12 pin c2, just the Bmw traffic it have, whic model you have? and you have cd changer conected to, and how its operate?

My Cars
    BMW M3
    Our US model TP is made by Becker, it has front stamped faceplate "BMW Traffic Pro", when you turn it on BMW logo shows for few seconds (see my avatar), it is model number 4771, it operates a BMW CD changer, all is plug and play just like a BMW radio (CD43 or others).
    I would be surprised why euro version of TP does not have i-bus, if pin 12 is not ibus could it be some other pin around there, I am not familiar with your Becker model, most likely you have 4773 model.

My Cars
    6/96 318is
    I think the I-bus is an Alpine / North American specialty.

The CD changer for the European radios uses a single, shielded, nine line audio/control cable.
    Last edited by johnf; 05-27-2013 at 05:47 PM.

My Cars
    1998 328 convertible

My Cars
    318is M44
    Our US model TP is made by Becker, it has front stamped faceplate "BMW Traffic Pro", when you turn it on BMW logo shows for few seconds (see my avatar), it is model number 4771, it operates a BMW CD changer, all is plug and play just like a BMW radio (CD43 or others).
    I would be surprised why euro version of TP does not have i-bus, if pin 12 is not ibus could it be some other pin around there, I am not familiar with your Becker model, most likely you have 4773 model.
    Thanks my Tp made by becker, it has front faceplate stamped just Traffic Pro, yesterday i try it one more time, but not function, yesterday, i install, in cluster the signal light for cruise control, and it functions the buttons, at my stering whell, i have a big dilema, i have cd43 whis is very good, i bought an Yatour Mp3 interface for it, but dont have GPS, now i have this traffic pro i have Gps, I bought a nother yatour mp3 interface for this, but now i dont have control it from sterring whell.
    Whic is better? if we look just the Tp -s the CD43 or the Becker?

note, in my E36 install, all audio from an E39 touring, whic has 10 speakers and 1 Subwoofer, and an OEM amplifier but not HK system

My Cars
    318is M44
    what is this reverse signal if i wiring it? when i put the car in reverse a radio makes anything?

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    what is this reverse signal if i wiring it? when i put the car in reverse a radio makes anything?
    I know there is a mute wire, but I have no idea if this would work from the reverse light signal. (aka a simple +12v to that pin). I don't know any dedicated reverse signal pin. In no pinout diagram is this listed. What pin # are you talking about?

My new M3 has factory cruise. I have the E38 module and the MFL wheel. So it's gonna take some time figuring out which wires need to be taken out/put in or repinned. My car is SMG as well, which has an auto mode, which means even though it's a manual box with clutch, there still is an EGS module with input to the SMG computer and the Cruise module.

IIRC I have seen some DIY for those with cruise already fitted.

IG:

My Cars
    1998 BMW 528i sedan
    [IMG]C:\Users\BIG BOSS\Desktop\mfl-e39\pics[/IMG]Hi guys, I have an E39 9/1998 which came with a standard steering wheel. I got a used 3 spoke with a mfl steering wheel, plus a slip ring that fit with a single stage air bag. All what I need (I d[IMG]C:\Users\BIG BOSS\Desktop\mfl-e39\pics[/IMG]on't need the speed cruise control, because my car is a manual gear).
    1- how to make audio steering control work?

My Cars
    318ti M42
    Apologies for bumping an old thread. I've spotted something odd on the wiring diagram listed in the first post:
    http://s52.photobucket.com/user/blue...ruise.jpg.html
    I see 2 confusing connections: X22 (GR module) indicates pin 11 -> pin 5 and pin 12 -> 7 on X70 (actuator).
    All the other E36/E38 wiring diagrams i've checked have these 2 the other way around: 11 to 7 and 12 to 5.

Just curious...

My Cars
    2011 E90 325xi
    I am sorry for bumping this thread.
    I just finished wiring it all up just like the OP stated. I too have an E36 320i from '96 so it should be exactly the same.
    Whenever the Cruise Control module gets power, it starts making a whistle. It's not really high pitched and you don't have to concentrate to hear it, it's quite loud.
    Does anyone have a clue what this is about? Is the module defective or did I mess up wiring somewhere?

My Cars
    318i
    Sorry for bumping old thread. My cruise control is not working in 5th gear. What could be wrong?

My Cars
    318i
    bump

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    It's not gear related. The whole system isn't even wired to the gearbox if you have a manual. Only clutch switch.

Something must be way off if it doesn't work in a certain gear.

IG:

My Cars
    318i
    Brake and clutch sensors are ok. I checked their output to CC ecu

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast