Thread: 2003 bmw 325i overheating /cooling problem

My Cars
    2003 bmw 325i

2003 bmw 325i overheating /cooling problem

I got 2003 bmw 325i , front fan( fornt of the radiatior) is not working and the temperature goes to high , Please help , where would be the relay and or i need to replace the front fan , please give me advise .

thanks

My Cars
    2004 ZHP 6MT
    Probably will need to replace the fan. You can get used at bavarian auto recycling for about $150:

The relay is hidden in the glovebox. Search around on google for pics.

Its actually called the aux pusher fan.....
    Last edited by danewilson77; 05-05-2010 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

by Dane Wilson, on Flickr

My Cars
    2003 bmw 325i
    i did call the dealer , for new one is 359.00 and what is your advise finding the relay , where would i will more information .

My Cars
    E46m
    sorry man there is no relay on this is called a smart fan meaning it has a microprocesser the dme control the fan speed

My Cars
    03' 330xi auto
    Trust me you do not want to overheat this motor. DO NOT drive it, till you fix your problem.

Mine stopped spinning awhile back, and you will never believe why. It froze up. If you tried spinning it, it would not spin. It was petrified, literally. Before shelling out the cash for a new one, my friend had an idea. We started the car, and he turned the fan with his fingers, till we heard a loud screeching sound(sounded like rust breaking free) and the fan started to try and spin. A few more manual spins and some WD40 later, I have never had a problem with it again. You may get lucky and have the same problem, even though I doubt it.

My Cars
    2001 Topaz 330Ci
    ^It's worth a try... attempting to turn the fan manually is a good idea, just don't apply too much force