Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: Tire suggestions anyone?

jeffn Guest

Cool

I'm downsizing from 18 Miglias to 17x8.5 ATP's (can't take the 35 series ride in NY) and need size and Tire recommendations for a 97 M3/4A. Hate to give up any gription that my Pilot Sports now offer almost as much as I hate paying for new Pilots...Anyone? Thanks!

My Cars
    1998 M3, 2000 323iT
    What do you want to spend? What weather will you be driving in (i.e. used in the winters up there?)?
    Nick

1998 M3 Estoril • 2000 323it TiAg sport 5 spd

jeffn Guest

tires

Yeah, unfortunately in the snow for a year or 2 more but I have blizzaks for that. Up to 225/tire sounds doable. Pilots are the best I 've ever driven and the WORST ever in the snow. Any benefit to goiung back to staggared sizes or go with 40's a ll around? Thanks
    JN

My Cars
    1998 M3, 2000 323iT
    Well. . .i am running staggered. That is my preference - and should be yours too (F225/R245)! Seriously, though, if I were to buy tires, I'd go Bridgestones. Pretty good across the board - RE730 for a good pricepoint/performance, S-O2 for the best all-out grip.
    Nick

1998 M3 Estoril • 2000 323it TiAg sport 5 spd

jeffn Guest

tired of tires

Thanks, like to keep as much $$ in the usa maybe goodyears. BS's on my wifes SVX are great though...staggered I'll be.:p