Thread: Manifold brake force booster connection

My Cars
    BMW 840Ci 97, 740i 08,

Manifold brake force booster connection

Hey folks,

Aswell as being on with my wiring faults (thanks to Greg and Randy for the parts ) I have also been working on the engine.

I have just removed the intake manifold and found that the right angle connection for the brake force booster is not as it should be.
    It has been cut and a bolt used to seal the connection, my trouble is I cannot locate where this connection should run to!

can anybody give me any guidance on where it goes to?

Many Thanks Karl

thought i would get a quick photo, the offending parts is the right angle connection with the bolt stuck in it!

Cheers Karl

I have been trying to trace back where it could possibly have been run to, does anybody know whether there are any vacuum connections to the brake system?

As I have been unsucessful in locating any! it appears the pipe has been completely removed from the system. The car is a euro spec 1997 840Ci.

Can anybody help?

Cheers Karl
    Last edited by karl530; 05-04-2010 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    '00 Z3C, '70 XJ6
    the e31 doesn't use a vacuum boosted brake system, the boost is given via hydraulics pulled from the power steering pump.

I suspect that bolt that you're seeing has been there since the car left the factory floor
    2.8 Z3 coupe + 6 speed || 200kW electric 1970 Jaguar XJ6

My Cars
    BMW 840Ci 97, 740i 08,
    Thankyou Bryson for the answer,

Just seems a bit of a crummy way to seal the pipe! I shall have a go at putting a more suitable blank in, even knowing that no-one will see it.

The boosted brake circuit, is that where the brake bomb and pentosin fluid are used?

Cheers Karl

My Cars
    two 8er 6 speeds + 7ers
    Quote Originally Posted by karl530 View Post
    The boosted brake circuit, is that where the brake bomb and pentosin fluid are used?
    Yes.
    CB42613, CB42577, DH29770 and counting...