Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 1994 325is M-Technic registry

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Prewitt

I have a complete Modena interior if you want to buy it from me. Needs some TLC but I have all the pieces.
    Is it sedan or coupe?
    1999 BMW M3 Estoril Blue Coupe 5spd.
    GC 2 way adjust Coilovers.
    TMS adj trailing arms in rear.
    Racing Dynamics Front strut bar.
    Eibach Front swaybar
    UUC Lightweight Flywheel. UUC SSK.
    Depo Glass with HIDs

My Cars
    1994 BMW 540I6
    They are Manuel heated vaders for the coupe. Came in my Mtech. I removed them when I got my hurricane vader set, they are just sitting in my garage now. Here is a link if you would like to see what they look like. As stated before, they need TLC. http://fresno.craigslist.org/pts/3063529589.html
    1994 BMW E34 540i/6 S62 swap
    2002 BMW e46 M3

My Cars
    85 corvette, 93 bmw , 94 talon
    I was the one selling the car on E-bay and Craigslist. But I didn't get what I wanted for the car so I just kept it. I drive it everyday. It looks better in person pictures are not that great. I also put red and black lights in it now instead of the solid black. I since sparyed alot of Flat black parts gloss black. Like the grill. I would sell it to put a payment down on a Audi b5 s4 or a E46 m3 and may be trade it for a real e36 M3. If I keep it for the long haul I will turbo the m52 in it. its only got just over 90k. They are a easier turbo build then a real M motor. APR studs, gasket, turbo, turbo many, injectors and some mega squrit done. I alreay have a t3t4 turbonics I pulled off my RX7 as well as a godspeed intercooler and a synapse Bov. Always thought the M tech is the best car for a turbo build because of the light weight interior and it already comes with the easier turbo build 325is motor. But don't know if I want to be bothered these days I am too busy working all the time to do stuff like this anymore. sold all my cars just have this and my Vett. And I would not pay out the ass to have somebody else do it. I would do it myself.

I was the one selling the car on E-bay and Craigslist. But I didn't get what I wanted for the car so I just kept it. I [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]drive[/COLOR][/COLOR] it everyday. It looks better in person pictures are not that great. I also put red and black lights in it now instead of the solid black. I since sparyed alot of Flat black parts gloss black. Like the grill. I would sell it to put a payment down on a Audi b5 [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]s4[/COLOR][/COLOR] or a E46 [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]m3[/COLOR][/COLOR] and may be trade it for a real [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]e36 [COLOR=blue !important]M3[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]. If I keep it for the long haul I will turbo the m52 in it. its only got just over 90k. They are a easier turbo build then a real M motor. APR studs, [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue ! important]gasket[/COLOR][/COLOR], turbo, turbo many, injectors and some mega squrit done. I alreay have a t3t4 turbonics I pulled off my RX7 as well as a godspeed intercooler and a synapse Bov. Always thought the M tech is the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]best [COLOR=blue !important]car[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] for a turbo build because of the light weight interior and it already comes with the easier turbo build 325is motor. But don't know if I want to be bothered these days I am too busy working all the time to do stuff like this anymore. sold all [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]my [COLOR=blue !important]cars[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] just have this and my Vett. And I would not pay out the ass to have somebody else do it. I would do it myself.

Last edited by PhatNerd; 06-16-2012 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3
    They are Manuel heated vaders for the coupe. Came in my Mtech. I removed them when I got my hurricane vader set, they are just sitting in my garage now. Here is a link if you would like to see what they look like. As stated before, they need TLC. http://fresno.craigslist.org/pts/3063529589.html
    Hey man I'm in Turlock! Not too far from you! Man that color is beautiful. Quick question, your dash was all black right?

I have black and tan and I'm looking for vaders or some sparcos. If I got those I would have to reupholster those. I'll let you know. Very interested. I have a soft spot for vaders.
    1999 BMW M3 Estoril Blue Coupe 5spd.
    GC 2 way adjust Coilovers.
    TMS adj trailing arms in rear.
    Racing Dynamics Front strut bar.
    Eibach Front swaybar
    UUC Lightweight Flywheel. UUC SSK.
    Depo Glass with HIDs

My Cars
    1994 BMW 540I6
    Quote Originally Posted by CHobbs59

Hey man I'm in Turlock! Not too far from you! Man that color is beautiful. Quick question, your dash was all black right?

I have black and tan and I'm looking for vaders or some sparcos. If I got those I would have to reupholster those. I'll let you know. Very interested. I have a soft spot for vaders.
    Yes, my dash was all black. And yeah, you would have to reupholster the bolsters and this leather is kinda tricky to match. You might be better off going with two tone like it has on the bottom bolsters already, but the color is a rare color and would be sad to change :/ my brother has a white Vader set that he would probably sell you too.

Quote Originally Posted by PhatNerd
    I was the one selling the car on E-bay and Craigslist. But I didn't get what I wanted for the car so I just kept it. I drive it everyday. It looks better in person pictures are not that great. I also put red and black lights in it now instead of the solid black. I since sparyed alot of Flat black parts gloss black. Like the grill. I would sell it to put a payment down on a Audi b5 s4 or a E46 m3 and may be trade it for a real e36 M3. If I keep it for the long haul I will turbo the m52 in it. its only got just over 90k. They are a easier turbo build then a real M motor. APR studs, gasket, turbo, turbo many, injectors and some mega squrit done. I alreay have a t3t4 turbonics I pulled off my RX7 as well as a godspeed intercooler and a synapse Bov. Always thought the M tech is the best car for a turbo build because of the light weight interior and it already comes with the easier turbo build 325is motor. But don't know if I want to be bothered these days I am too busy working all the time to do stuff like this anymore. sold all my cars just have this and my Vett. And I would not pay out the ass to have somebody else do it. I would do it myself.
    Yeah, it is hard to get what you want out of an Mtech. Especially if anything is done to it. Especially as extensively as yours. If I were you I'd go ahead and turbo it. It won't depreciate the value any because it is already not original, it's just a 325is with Mtech stickers and an m52 motor. I was going to buy a set of RX7 turbos to do a turbo build with. Is it a good turbo set up for these cars?
    Last edited by Timothy Prewitt; 06-16-2012 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2002 BMW e46 M3

My Cars
    01 330 CiC, 05 X3 3.0
    If you have a 'M-Technic' and any of the M-Technic parts have been removed, you no longer have a M-Technic as far as collectable value goes, you just have a regular e36 (but you did just make any complete one more valuable.)

My Cars
    too many
    Quote Originally Posted by ConvGeorge View Post
    If you have a 'M-Technic' and any of the M-Technic parts have been removed, you no longer have a M-Technic as far as collectable value goes, you just have a regular e36 (but you did just make any complete one more valuable.)
    well . . another way to look at it is: you do still have a M-technic but it's incomplete . . by adding the parts you can make a "real" one again . . while a "regular E36" will never become a real M-technic no matter how many parts you add . . .

said that . . I don't think they're rare enough or valuable enough to be safed stock even if you don't like it the way it is stock . . ppl tend to give way to much about "rarity" . . it's just a 325 with some M-parts . .
    Last edited by Teddy Bomber; 06-16-2012 at 01:06 PM.
    My little BMW collection:
    '18 BMW I01 i3S - some electric thing and a korean scooter engine . .
    '02 BMW E46 316i Wagon - not saying
    '02 ALPINA E46 b3 3.3 - E4
    '02 BMW E46 320i Touring - M54B22
    '86 BMW E24 635CSI automatic - M30B35
    '76 BMW E12 525 automatic M30B25
    '74 BMW E12 525 M30B25

My Cars
    1994 BMW 540I6
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bomber

said that . . I don't think they're rare enough or valuable enough to be safed stock even if you don't like it the way it is stock . . ppl tend to give way to much about "rarity" . . it's just a 325 with some M-parts . .
    Sadly this is true. maybe in 10 years a low milage Mtech will be worth collecting, but who will have a low milage Mtech in 10 years? Not me.
    2002 BMW e46 M3

My Cars
    85 corvette, 93 bmw , 94 talon
    Yeah, it is hard to get what you want out of an Mtech. Especially if anything is done to it. Especially as extensively as yours. If I were you I'd go ahead and turbo it. It won't depreciate the value any because it is already not original, it's just a 325is with Mtech stickers and an m52 motor. I was going to buy a set of RX7 [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue ! important]turbos[/COLOR][/COLOR] to do a turbo build with. Is it a good turbo set up for these cars? _________________

As far as a good turbo setup it depends how far you want to go. The rx7 turbo is small and runs water and oil but you can block off the water line. It also has a internal waste gate. It would not be bad for a stock low boost setup for cheep. You really want to lower the comp ratio with a gasket for better boost results. The turbo I pulled off my Rx7 was not stock it was a T3/T4 not sure what the trim was. The car was a street port and was close to 400hp. I was able to budget this for my old 325is. Some new and used stuff. gasket $100 , APR studs $120, T3/t4 Turbo $400, injectors $100 ,meg squirt for tuning $200, turbo man $120, ebay intercooler and pipes $80. down pipe and custom exhaust made for $150. a waste gate and a Bov maybe another $150 for those I guess I had some laying around from other projects and buddy's. I spent the most on a good turbo. everything else really doesn't matter as long as it works. This is about $1400 in parts but will make as much power as a high dollar kit that can cost thousands as long as you go with a good turbo and know how to tune well. The super cheep option you could just buy a manifold slap a small t3 with a internal waste gate run no more then 7psi, 5psi to be safe and tap a oil line to your pan. have a down pipe made. and see what kinda of results that will get. You may have fuel cut issues under boost then maybe upgrade injectors if that happens or lower the boost. you can get parts for that build for under 500 bucks lol. Small used turbo $150 manifold $120 and downpipe/exhaust 150 to 200 bucks. It would be faster then a real m e36 thats for sure. dont know how reliable or how long it will last though.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 540I6
    By the way, thanks for the info. Just thought you guys might like to see what's happening in my garage. [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm swapping things over. Selling the Mtech with 150,000 miles, with a Modena vader interior and stock 325is wheels. $2,500. Keeping the one with 225,000 miles.
    2002 BMW e46 M3

My Cars
    F30 335i M,E36,A8 D2
    By the way, thanks for the info. Just thought you guys might like to see what's happening in my garage. [/IMG]

[/IMG]

I'm swapping things over. Selling the Mtech with 150,000 miles, with a Modena vader interior and stock 325is wheels. $2,500. Keeping the one with 225,000 miles.
    Where are you located???? I have cash in hand

My Cars
    1994 BMW 540I6
    A long way from you it appears. I'm in Fresno California.
    2002 BMW e46 M3

My Cars
    F30 335i M,E36,A8 D2
    A long way from you it appears. I'm in Fresno California.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 540I6
    Sold one of my MTechs. Sad that it probably won't be restored by the next guy. It will be lost in the pool of 325is and go to somebody who doesn't know what it used to be. But on a happier note, here is the one I kept. VIN WBABF3320REF45492. I just took it on a 2,500 mile drive from California to Tennessee. Only stopped for gas and the car ran beautifully. 90+ most of the way out snd I still got 27 mpg. You wouldn't know it now has 228,000 miles on it.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Timothy Prewitt; 08-21-2012 at 10:33 PM.
    2002 BMW e46 M3

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is M-Technic
    bought mine in 2003 from a friend
    Vin 45386

Getting ready to sell but I'm giving the person I bought it from first option to buy. I'll post pics in a few weeks.

I've enjoyed having her. Original white paint. Replaced original wheels earlier this year with new wheels because they were cracking. Original interior and seats and seat warmers working although drivers seat has a three inch tear on one side. Great sound system.

I had a great mechanic until about two years that I could go to for anything but since I lost him I haven't kept up other than oil changes and tuneups.

Well I guess since I'm new to this site I can't post pics for a while. I'll just have to keep posting updates until I can add pics.
    Last edited by PhoenixMTechnic; 10-25-2012 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1994 BMW 540I6
    Hey, if any of you want my RC041 wheels, I am selling them. I'd like to see them go to another Mtech. I got in a fender bender and someone offered me a good price of the car without the wheels so I sold it. I now have these wheels just sitting around and would like to see them go to one of you who needs them to complete their mtech.
    2002 BMW e46 M3

My Cars
    94 M-tech, 91 Vette
    Just curious, what are you asking?

the wheels on mine are rough and I was thinking of getting them refinished this winter.
    Premier Detailing
    1994 325is M-Technic

My Cars
    1994 BMW 540I6
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan777
    Just curious, what are you asking?

the wheels on mine are rough and I was thinking of getting them refinished this winter.
    I have them listed for $1,500. OBO. They are in near perfect condition. Tires on them have less than 3,000 miles.
    2002 BMW e46 M3

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Boston Green
    Quote Originally Posted by BeansM3 View Post
    Getting gas shorly after I got her... I'll have better pics tonight

oh my go, someone please tell me what colour that is... that is a beautiful car, my man...
    BMW 1995 E36 M3 Luxury Pkg. (Bostongruen Metallic 275)

BMW 1999 E36 323is Sport Pkg. (Orientblau Metallic 317)

iSociety

My Cars
    Too many

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    This thread makes me jealous ... you know why? Not because I don't have a M technic 325is, but because somewhere along the line my 323is lost those same style 29 wheels the M technics have, that it left the factory with.

My Cars
    1994 BMW 540I6
    Quote Originally Posted by slocar
    This thread makes me jealous ... you know why? Not because I don't have a M technic 325is, but because somewhere along the line my 323is lost those same style 29 wheels the M technics have, that it left the factory with.
    That is pretty sad. In my opinion, they are the best looking wheels to ever come stock on an E36.
    2002 BMW e46 M3

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Prewitt View Post
    That is pretty sad. In my opinion, they are the best looking wheels to ever come stock on an E36.
    I agree. While I don't hate the style 42s that are on it, what it had is so much better.

Gorgeous car btw

My Cars
    1994 BMW 540I6
    Quote Originally Posted by slocar View Post
    I agree. While I don't hate the style 42s that are on it, what it had is so much better.

Gorgeous car btw

Thanks! I got in a fender bender a month or so ago. I'm a full time senior university student so it was easier to sell it than spend the time fixing it. Guy that bought it didn't want the Style 29 wheels, so I have them just sitting now. Probably buying an e34 540i/6. I am going to miss my car like mad....
    2002 BMW e46 M3

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325is M-Technic
    Previous owner isn't in a position to take the car so I'll be selling my M Tech early next year. I'll post pictures after she gets a bath and I'm able to post them on this site.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast