Thread: Can anybody help me?? headlight question???

My Cars
    '04 E55 AMG//'96 M3//'91 300E

Can anybody help me?? headlight question???

about a week ago i bought ellipsoids and hyperwhite h1s to go with them, of course the hyperwhites burned out, but exploding in my ellipsoid and leaving shattered glass inside. i took the light out and shook the glass out. today i went outside (it was raining) and noticed sort of a condensation or fogginess inside the glass of the ellipsoid. is there anyway to get rid of this?????
    any info or advice would be deeply and greatly appreciated.
    thanx in advance
    :

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Lightbulb

When you opened the headlight, you broke the seal. You need to take them out again, open them and apply a nice thick layer of petroleum jelly to the rubber seal where the glass cover meets the headlight housing.

My ellipsoids fog up all the time, it pisses me off.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    '04 E55 AMG//'96 M3//'91 300E
    kevlar,
    thanx for the info
    its greatly appreciated
    thanx again

My Cars
    Lots
    It helps to heat the headlights up pretty good before assembly too. Drives much of the residual moisture out of them and forms a slight vacuum as they cool. Besides vaseline, which is perfectly acceptable, there is a vacuum pump sealant grease that is unaffected by heat. Not very common but a better alternative.

??? the euro lamps aren't even sealed. Check out the vent on the back of the high beam cover.

My Cars
    Lots
    Strange but true. I think it has to do with airflow patterns. Its a wierd one, that's for sure.