Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: How to remove the gauge cluster on an e36

My Cars
    E36 M3

How to remove the gauge cluster on an e36

I'm having a hard time removing the cluster. Can anyone explain to me how to remove it?

My Cars
    99 M3
    Two torx screws hold the cluster in the dash. Remove them and the light switch - one screw from below.

Carefully pry the tabs the srcews were in with flat blade screw driver while pushing from the back side, accessed through light switch opening. The connectors attached to th eback are similar to OBC connectors, so have a look at them to figure out how to release them.

With four-spoke wheel cluster should come out by rotating wheel an dcluster to the right. With three spoke wheel, I believe wheel has to come off.

Lots of DIY out there.....www.bmwpugetsound.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=27343

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by bluptgm3 View Post
    Two torx screws hold the cluster in the dash. Remove them and the light switch - one screw from below.

Carefully pry the tabs the srcews were in with flat blade screw driver while pushing from the back side, accessed through light switch opening. The connectors attached to th eback are similar to OBC connectors, so have a look at them to figure out how to release them.

With four-spoke wheel cluster should come out by rotating wheel an dcluster to the right. With three spoke wheel, I believe wheel has to come off.

Lots of DIY out there.....www.bmwpugetsound.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=27343
    Thank you for the help. Once again you guys come thru