Thread: I need a good hidden FM antenna

My Cars
    96 740iL

I need a good hidden FM antenna

My car radio does not tune into any radio stations, I have tried a cheap antenna and it still will not tune in. I have not looked at the stock antenna behind the C pillar because I dont want to break the light which cover it.

Has anyone found a good hidden antenna or found a good roof mounted one?

My Cars
    2000 750iL
    where/how did you connect to try the cheap antenna? I went through this a few years ago. these cars don't have good reception in the first place and if you have that heavy tint on your rear window that doesnt' help.

My Cars
    96 740iL
    I got a cheap one from Ebay to try and its useless, I probably should have know better. I have tint everywhere except the windshield. I was thinking I maybe able to hide one around the sunroof motor somewhere but I need a good one to try.

My Cars
    98 740IL 99 Merc 500
    Get XM lol!

Running on all 8 cylinders once again!

My Cars
    2000 750iL
    but where did you plug it in is my question. I'm not familiar with the 1996 model but these cars have so many wires and plugs it's easy to mistake the antenna input for something else. It has to be plugged into the radio directly which on the later E38's is buried in the trunk in the left wheel well behind the carpet liner.

My Cars
    735i 2001 E38
    Who said it's the antenna and not your BM23 unit?

Have a technical question, don't send me a PM but post it on the board so others can benefit from it!

My Cars
    95 740i, 04 Ram 2500HD6L
    +1 on the XM comment, I switched about 5 months ago and have never been happier with quality for the money.

Honestly when you think about how much your getting for the price... its very VERY worth it.
    EMPIRE 7s ALL DAY

My Cars
    96 740iL
    I have a aftermarket Pioneer deh9600 installed so the new (cheap antenna) plugs into the radio directly but the antenna wire is only about 4ft long which may also be part of my problem. The BMW antenna in the pillar would not tune into any stations.

I thought of putting a hidden antenna near the sunroof motor, or putting one on the roof. But I can't find a roof mounted antenna which would look ok and I don't really want one on the roof.
    Last edited by cdc84; 04-16-2010 at 07:42 PM.