Thread: will these wheels work...yes i checked bmwe34.net

My Cars
    1992 e34 525i

will these wheels work...yes i checked bmwe34.net

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/pts/1685366709.html

even though it is for the e36 according to the owner, it is a replica set so what size spacer will i need or is it ever possible/worth it. they are really cheap it seems. i already asked him if its 65 per. still waiting for answer

My Cars
    Scrap
    You will need a spacer probably

My Cars
    1992 e34 525i
    I figured. Ive been looking around for the csl wheels for a while and saw the price on this. I was wondering if its worth a look or if anyone on here knows about these.

My Cars
    E39 540i/6
    They are e39 M5 replica wheels, not E36. Find out the bore and offsets of the wheels.

My Cars
    1/2
    From ad:
    Wheels (17") for E36 - M5 replica wheels - 2 straight and 2 bent
    215/45 ZR17
    Quote Originally Posted by Brody View Post
    The big bang happened in an M30 block

My Cars
    1993/BMW/525i/189k
    Quote Originally Posted by kipwinger View Post
    From ad:
    Wheels (17") for E36 - M5 replica wheels - 2 straight and 2 bent
    215/45 ZR17

you still haven't answered altfokus's question

My Cars
    Scrap
    He said in the ad "for e36". That means high ofset

My Cars
    F13 M6
    For $65 they're worth picking up if for no other reason than to "flip" them. Just my opinion. The repairs are usually $75-$100 per wheel so the refurbished set whether they fit your car or not would only set you back a total of $265. Since they already have tires, although pretty thin 215's, you could get $400-$500 for the set if you sell them after they're fixed.
    I bought Frank's car!

My Cars
    99 m3
    Quote Originally Posted by iwantanm5 View Post
    I figured. Ive been looking around for the csl wheels for a while and saw the price on this. I was wondering if its worth a look or if anyone on here knows about these.
    Look here. Correct offset for our cars with correct centerbore.
    http://www.velocitymotoring.com/wheels_vb3.html

Quote Originally Posted by atlfokus View Post
    They are e39 M5 replica wheels, not E36. Find out the bore and offsets of the wheels.
    They are e39 M5 replicas for the e36. For the e36=high offset. Bore dosent matter. Thats what hub rings are for.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooljust View Post
    For $65 they're worth picking up if for no other reason than to "flip" them. Just my opinion. The repairs are usually $75-$100 per wheel so the refurbished set whether they fit your car or not would only set you back a total of $265. Since they already have tires, although pretty thin 215's, you could get $400-$500 for the set if you sell them after they're fixed.
    @ 260 for the set its not too bad but how much profit are you expecting to make? There isnt a ton of interest in those wheels. The fact that they are bent kills it and the fact they are reps almost makes it not worth it unless your using it as a spare if it fit your car in the first place. To refinish or repair reps is a poor financial decision if you ask me.

My Cars
    F13 M6
    good point MTG!
    I bought Frank's car!

My Cars
    '95 M540i

Thumbs down 15-20mm spacer required

Depending on the offset (35-40mm) you'll need a 15-20mm hubcentric spacer. A set of four quality spacers usually costs $100 so the deal is getting worse by the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by iwantanm5 View Post
    http://raleigh.craigslist.org/pts/1685366709.html

even though it is for the e36 according to the owner, it is a replica set so what size spacer will i need or is it ever possible/worth it. they are really cheap it seems. i already asked him if its 65 per. still waiting for answer

My Cars
    E30ic, E39 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by gundlion View Post
    Depending on the offset (35-40mm) you'll need a 15-20mm hubcentric spacer. A set of four quality spacers usually costs $100 for each pair so the deal is getting worse by the minute.
    Fixed that for you. Don't forget another $75 for longer lug bolts, too. Can't use stock lug bolts with spacers. By the time you're done you'll have another $300 into making some replica, high-offset wheels fit. Throw in the additional cost of getting them straightened and it's a no-brainer.

1987 E30 cabrio | Bumper swap | H&R Sport | Koni Yellow | Eibach Sways | BavAuto strut bar | Cardinal seats | MTech2 wheel | Armrest | Smoked Hella Smileys | 5k HID | Stromung | RS003

2000 E39 M5 | Stoptech brakes | Refinished OEM wheels w/10mm spacers | Powerchips Gold 91 | Timmay Tips/muffler delete | Functional brake ducts | DICE MB1500 Slimm diffuser | Cubic black trim w/alcantara boots

My Cars
    1993/BMW/525i/189k
    i dont mean to jack the thread but I was wondering if you guys can advise on spacers

I know they are expensive and lame but do they actually affect the dynamics, performance or handling of the car?

but yes if it they didn't i dont know if i would add them...if BMW didnt put them on they dont belong

think about it i bet you engineers are a lot smarter than us!

My Cars
    1992 e34 525i
    alright thanks guys. i think the best bet for me is to keep looking since these,style 5s(very rare in nc), and mpars and the top three im in search of.