Thread: E36 DME error code

My Cars
    1998 BMW 320i Touring

E36 DME error code

Hello! I need some help.
    We gave the following fault code from dme (bms43) in Inpa: fault code 81 - Anti-theft alarm system-PIN. What does it mean? I don't have alarm system in the car neither BC.
    The symptom is, my engine doesn't start. It is turn over, have fuel pressure and spark, but no injection. (if I add some fuel in the intake manifold the engine start) We checked the ews2 as well, and it seems ok, no error, except in Inpa in the ISN page booth value (isn number and password) is error_ecu_rejected. We have tried re-align the ews&dme with dis, but gave error message that the dme refuse the process or something similar.
    I really appreciate any help.
    THX

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    The ISN needs to be the same in the EWS as it is in the DME. This will give you some background on how the system works EWS.pdf.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 320i Touring
    Thanks David! I already have this document, and this is because I thought the dme and ews must be synchronized. Do you have any idea what does it mean 81 - Anti-theft alarm system-PIN? It is possible that it is connected to the lost synchronization between the ews and dme?

My Cars
    Bmw e46 325i
    Have the car DWA?Do you have change any ecu´s on this car?
    Last edited by mahoubi; 08-10-2012 at 03:02 PM.

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    The ISN is permanantly stored in the DME. The EWS module is coded when it is new to match the ISN in the DME. If you swap DME's on a EWSII car the car will crank but it won't start until you do an alignment of the EWS/DME. This alignment consists of DIS overwriting the existing ISN in the EWS module with an ISN that matches the one in the DME.

You are getting spark but no fuel and an error code that says ECU regected. It sounds like your DME/ECU is faulty. If that's the case then you can try to align it a thousand times and it won't help. The first thing I would do is remove the DME and spray some electronics contact cleaner on the harness connector and on the DME pins. The pins on both of them are made of tin and they corrode easily. If that doesn't fix it then you'll probaby have to find another DME and do the EWS alignment with that one.

At least you can rule out a faulty key. If the key was bad it would not even crank.

My Cars
    BMW E36 1997
    I have exactly the same error message. Does anyone know the solution? I would be very, very grateful. many Greetings