Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: F1 2010 Malaysian GP at Sepang

My Cars
    TBD

F1 2010 Malaysian GP at Sepang

Will the teams (who have the choice) opt for softs at the start and run them for as long as possible in case there's one of those infamous thunderstorms towards the end when they can then swap to wet/intermediates?

What would your strategy be?

I think I'd start on softs and run them till it rains or very near the end of the race and if it hasn't rained yet, pit then. Or, pit during a safety car if it's towards the latter part of the race.

Good luck Vettel! Hope your car doesn't break. Schumi, how's about showing the talented young Rosberg some of your speed?

My Cars
    Mini Cooper
    Hoping that Vettel finally gets his deserved win... the RB6 has been the fastest since the beggining of the season...the man is deserving that win.

As for the tyres...this will be a complicated race because the track is very quick and tyres will tend to get worse more quickly... but I would start on intermediate...the weather in Malaysia is unstable...so maybe the rain will come down

My Cars
    2001 750 IL
    There are a bunch of guys who think they derseve to win this one. Hamilton, Vettell...etc. No one is entitled to squat. Luck, safety cars, rain or lack of, good strategy and the likes will get you a win. Lets go racing.
    shak. g

My Cars
    Ferrari 360
    Quote Originally Posted by Shak. G View Post
    There are a bunch of guys who think they derseve to win this one. Hamilton, Vettell...etc. No one is entitled to squat. Luck, safety cars, rain or lack of, good strategy and the likes will get you a win. Lets go racing.
    agreed. although personally i hope vettel or hamilton can pull this one out. it'd be nice to see schumacher come up strong too he said they're going to get even more aggressive with their one lap qualifying setup.
    2000 Ferrari 360
    2004 Yamaha R1
    2007 Porsche 911 C2S Cabrio
    2017 VW Jetta (DD)

1995 M3 (SOLD HELP ME FIND IT TO REBUY)
    1998 740IL (Sold)
    2003 x5 4.6is (Sold)

My Cars
    N/A
    This is strategy hell. I can not imagine how hot and humid that hell must be. Every time the rain stops you get this scorching heat wave that absolutely demolishes the human body.

My Cars
    '14 GLK250, '13 Abarth
    Go Trulli!

1999 Cosmos Black/Dove Grey BMW ///M3 convertible - 5 speed - SOLD

2005 Atlantic Blue Pearl/Taupe Leather Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Wagon - 5 speed
    - SOLD

2014 Tenorite Grey/Black Mercedes-Benz GLK 250 - bone stock.

2013 Bianco/Rosso Abarth 500c - 5 speed

2016 Oxford White/Grey Ford Transit 250 Powerstroke 148 MR (DIY RV conversion)

My Cars
    BMW
    Hopefully McLaren get there shit together this race. Go for a nice 1-2 finish. Haven't seen one of those in a long time.

My Cars
    e30m52 325iT E30 E70X5
    P1 in 5 hours... woot.

Hopefully McLaren doesn't get their ish together and Lewis takes out Button in a brash move. I would like it...

Hoping that Mercedes thought of 3rd race they be in the mix is right. Schumi too. Rooting for Vettel though... expect rain and vettel to walk away as he seems to be the man. Just excited to watch.
    Last edited by M3Alpine99; 04-01-2010 at 05:12 PM.

My Cars
    TBD
    They say that the driver's will lose up to 3kgs in sweat etc over the duration of the race. Twice as much as any other GP. They also mention that they'll be filling the driver's clothes etc with dry ice to assist with cooling.

I do hope they get a splash of rain just to liven things up again.

My Cars
    00 540iA S prd 05/00
    I'm a maclaren fan, button or Hamilton i don't care, but I'm also a closet Schumacher fan,, "quietly says go Michael go"

i always hope for rain in F1,, it always livens it up,, the first race was pathetic,, was falling asleep,. too many rules, screw the rules add some excitement, take the restrictions off the speed, bring back drama in the pits with refueling, let them change to whatever tires or however many tires they want, bring inter-cooling/turbo charging back.
    i want to see the best drivers in the world compete in the fastest most reliable cars in the world.
    but thats just me,. i love F1 so ill take whatever they give me and be happy

poor Vettel,. bad luck,, those two races were his,. but then thats racing isn't it, speed and stamina both is everything, and his RB6 lacked stamina, so deservingly he didn't win. sucks but thats what its all about.
    if it was only about speed, they'd all be driving topfuel rail/funny cars.
    Last edited by sarum; 04-01-2010 at 07:55 PM.

My Cars
    E36 M3, Mk2 GTI
    I think it will be a 1-2 for the Mclaren boys this race, plenty of straights for the stall wing to show its stuff. Sauber could possibly get some points for the first time as well if they can get their front wing strapped down properly.

MODS
    1JZ, BC 264 cams, BC TI Springs and Retainers, Ferra Keepers, Arp Head Studs, Arp Main studs, Arp rod bolts, Custom Emerald Performance Dual Plenum intake, 70 mm TB, SC6169 T3 Turbo, full 3 inch SS exhaust, Ar5 Transmission, 60lb injectors, Walbro 400 fuel pump, GTR intercooler. Porsche Turbo Calipers, Gutted Tein SS coilovers with Koni Race shock inserts , Tein Pillowball Camber Plates, UUC Swaybarbarian bars....needs more mods and a tune!!!!

My Cars
    00 540iA S prd 05/00
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamdun17 View Post
    I think it will be a 1-2 for the Mclaren boys this race, plenty of straights for the stall wing to show its stuff. Sauber could possibly get some points for the first time as well if they can get their front wing strapped down properly.
    I heard they decided to use screws this race over the glue they used in the last one

My Cars
    95 Avus M3
    Quote Originally Posted by prash View Post
    Hopefully McLaren get there shit together this race. Go for a nice 1-2 finish. Haven't seen one of those in a long time.
    +1 Agreed. I dont want to see any ferrari on the podium. Vettel can have 3rd. I just Hamilton in P1.

The existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone, somewhere, said to himself, "I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't feel like walking over there to do it."

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by 95M3theo View Post
    +1 Agreed. I dont want to see any ferrari on the podium. Vettel can have 3rd. I just Hamilton in P1.
    I sort of feel the same way, just replace the word Ferrari with Craplaren and P1 with DQ

My Cars
    991.1 / 958.2
    I kind feel the same way, but replace Ferrari with McLare and Hamilton with Alonso.

:P

My Cars
    Ferrari 360
    Hamilton tore up the first practice. Go Lewis go!
    2000 Ferrari 360
    2004 Yamaha R1
    2007 Porsche 911 C2S Cabrio
    2017 VW Jetta (DD)

1995 M3 (SOLD HELP ME FIND IT TO REBUY)
    1998 740IL (Sold)
    2003 x5 4.6is (Sold)

My Cars
    e30m52 325iT E30 E70X5
    As well as P2. We shall see what that means.

My Cars
    95 Avus M3
    Quote Originally Posted by TAMUmpower View Post
    I sort of feel the same way, just replace the word Ferrari with Craplaren and P1 with DQ
    Quote Originally Posted by ss109 View Post
    I kind feel the same way, but replace Ferrari with McLare and Hamilton with Alonso.

:P
    I sense so much hate in your post TAMU. It just seems like Hamilton is out to prove something. Just look at his times in the 2 practice sessions (I know theyre practice and not everyone goes all out). I see this ending with Hamilton in P1 Vettel P2 and Alonso P3. Button says hes not comfortable with his setup yet so I dont see a podium for him. Maybe 5th or 6th.

The existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone, somewhere, said to himself, "I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't feel like walking over there to do it."

My Cars
    TBD
    Yeah, but the Ferraris weren't playing. They had their own agenda but both Alonso and Massa managed 1-2 quick laps at the end - not that it meant much.

The McLs proved they still have the top speed - will be difficult to pass them.

Now Mercedes and Sauber are also sporting the aero tubing to the rear wing or F-ducts. Similar except the Mercedes is on the left side of the car just behind the suspension points. And here's the Sauber's: http://www.formula1.com/news/technic...0/825/734.html

Wow, but these guys engineer and develop thing quickly. Amazing.

And I smiled when Karun posted quicker times than Bruno. I'll bet that made his day.

Good that Schumi's only 2/10ths off Rosberg. He seems to be finding his way back.

My Cars
    E90 330i
    Will Massa spazz out again when it rains?

Jeder lobt was Nürburgring-erprobt

My Cars
    95 Avus M3
    Quote Originally Posted by DuctApe66 View Post
    Yeah, but the Ferraris weren't playing. They had their own agenda but both Alonso and Massa managed 1-2 quick laps at the end - not that it meant much.

And I smiled when Karun posted quicker times than Bruno. I'll bet that made his day.

Good that Schumi's only 2/10ths off Rosberg. He seems to be finding his way back.
    Yeah both ferraris settled for long-fuel runs. However Alonso did place 1 quick time with the option tires in the 2nd practice. Massa's attempt seemed really off pace with 15th. Shumi will catch and pass Roseberg. But I feel that Roseberg has this new found confidence now that he's surpassing shumi. Also Bruno needs to pick up his game. He should not be falling behind Chandhok
    Last edited by 95M3theo; 04-02-2010 at 05:00 PM.

My Cars
    TBD
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos XX View Post
    Will Massa spazz out again when it rains?
    I think that he really doesn't like Albert Park either or he couldn't find a setup that suited him. How many laps did it take him to get the last corner right? I hope he does well here though but it looks like somethings off with him at the moment.

Yeah both ferraris settled for long-fuel runs. However Alonso did place 1 quick time with the option tires in the 2nd practice. Massa's attempt seemed really off pace with 15th. Shumi will catch and pass Roseberg. But I feel that Roseberg has this new found confidence now that he's surpassing shumi. Also Bruno needs to pick up his game. He should not be falling behind Chandhok
    Yep totally agree. Rosberg is proving to be very quick and quietly confident and I like that - no BS - he just does the job. Keke was a great driver too.

My Cars
    1998 M3
    Also Bruno needs to pick up his game. He should not be falling behind Chandhok
    I think Bruno made a big mistake last year dropping open-wheel racing because he didn't get the drive with Honda/Brawn. He should have spent another season in GP2.

My Cars
    2001 750 IL
    Coulpe of things here also. I hope to see Nicole in the mix. At least she has a half decent body to look at compared to some of the personalities from other camps. What about this alonso guy who claims F1 is not about overtaking. I'll see if he changes his mind when he gets stuck behind massa again. Go lewis.
    shak. g

My Cars
    BMW
    There seems to be 3 distinct groups of F1 fans who frequent this room.

1. Tifosi
    2. McLaren Fans & Hamilton fans
    3. Everyone else.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast