My Cars
    2001 330i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by VonGeiss View Post
    325 owner checkin in -- OP get the 330.
    Egads!

My Cars
    '03 325xi, '04 ZHP, CX-7
    Quote Originally Posted by eee4666 View Post
    Just add and bunch of stickers and ///M badges. That's what I plan on doing. You can't polish a turd.
    Yeah, you'll get loads of horsepower from an ///M badge. That's what I'm gonna do too. Cheapest mod out there!!

(get the 330....lol)

matte black grills | 35% tint | lip spoiler | vanos replaced | transmission software upgrade | sharpie mod | dr. colorchip | di-noc trim
    control arms & bushings replaced | pdc diy | clown nose, blink & chirp activated | red tails | pink whale mod | chrome/leather shift knob | everything hardwired

My Cars
    04 330i zhp; 06 Cooper S
    The best value mod to make any non M e46 quicker is gears. Swap in a shorter differential gear from an automatic, etc. and you have a better-accelerating car that is fun and bullet proof. Used stock diffs are cheap and most of them bolt up with little or no modification. If you have more cash, get a custom LSD from Diffsonline. This will make a significant difference, although nothing like adding 80 hp from a blower. Simpler/more reliable/cheaper. Otherwise, just save up and buy a faster car like a 330, 335 or M3.
    Last edited by maxell0405; 03-31-2010 at 02:28 PM.

My Cars
    '03 325xi, '04 ZHP, CX-7
    Quote Originally Posted by maxell0405 View Post
    The best value mod to make any non M e46 quicker is gears. Swap in a shorter differential gear from an automatic, etc. and you have a better-accelerating car that is fun and bullet proof. Used stock diffs are cheap and most of them bolt up with little or no modification. If you have more cash, get a custom LSD from Diffsonline. This will make a significant difference, although nothing like adding 80 hp from a blower. Simpler/more reliable/cheaper. Otherwise, just save up and buy a faster car like a 330, 335 or M3.
    Am I correct in thinking that this isn't possible on an xi?

matte black grills | 35% tint | lip spoiler | vanos replaced | transmission software upgrade | sharpie mod | dr. colorchip | di-noc trim
    control arms & bushings replaced | pdc diy | clown nose, blink & chirp activated | red tails | pink whale mod | chrome/leather shift knob | everything hardwired

My Cars
    06 325ci
    Quote Originally Posted by eee4666 View Post
    The uneducated posts are what keep me coming back to Bf.c

nathancarter is offline Stretch Haters Club #1 BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    2002 330i 131k
    Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    Am I correct in thinking that this isn't possible on an xi?

The rear diff from a X3 will fit the E46, so you MIGHT be able to swap in the front diff as well. It's worth researching, anyway.

Most of the X3 rear diffs are 3.91, which are quicker than the 3.46 that comes in most automatic E46s, so it's a decent swap for an auto but too much for a manual (if you put a 3.91 in a manual E46, you'll redline in 2nd gear way before you hit 60mph).

My Cars
    '03 325ci, '93 300zx
    Quote Originally Posted by VonGeiss View Post
    325 owner checkin in -- OP get the 330.
    I would have to say the same thing as another 325 owner

My Cars
    E46 Sedan

How Much Power Could I Get ?

Quote Originally Posted by SK8URDEAD View Post
    i disagree with you on that(i own a 325i :P) 330i may have bigger items but you can get a sc and bbk and other stuff for cheaper then what a 330i would come out to for those items and make it faster. also ive been to races with a sedan SC 325i vs a SC 330i/zhp and the 330i lost big time . only thing is his super charger on the 325i was a different brand ive never heard of and he dynoed a little above 400hp.

IF I BUY A ACTIVE WORKS SUPERCHARGER AND ADD IT TO MY 325i How Much Power Could I Get And What Should I Do After To Be Able To Control The Power ? CHANGE DIFFS ? Bigger Brakes ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12