Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: e46 325i Supercharged

My Cars
    N/A

e46 325i Supercharged

I've grown up with Bmw's, my dad had everything from a 2002 tii to an alpina and everything in between, so I know a lot about the cars, but just recently I've become interested in an e46 325i supercharged. My dad told me to do some research on them, and I've looked around the internet for some useful information and I've yet to run across information that's actually useful. Can anyone tell me a little about the car, as far as performance, maintenance, etc...

Thanks<3

My Cars
    Some
    1st time post! Welcome to bimmerforums.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no such thing as what you are looking for.

Now there are many 325i's with aftermarket supercharger systems installed on them, but BMW did not make one.

Hope this helps, and btw, supercharged 325i's are really fun.

My Cars
    N/A
    I know that BMW did not make a supercharged one, I mean like an aftermarket system. Like what are the pros and cons about having a supercharged 325i?

My Cars
    Some
    Go to this forum: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...play.php?f=150

You can find enough info to make your eyes bleed. Using the search function is a huge timesaver as well.

Pros: Lots of smiles and woohoo!'s due to plentiful power.

Cons: Expensive

In my opinion, consider a 330i, preferably one with the zhp performance package.

My Cars
    01 330i

Re: e46 325i Supercharged

Pros? Tons and tons of power. Cons? Waaaay more money then what you're gonna want to spend. The kit alone is gonna set you back anywhere from $5000 to $8000 and that's before installation. Then you'd have to modify numerous other parts of your engine/drivetrain to deal with that extra power. Bottom line... You want a fast bimmer, buy a //M

My Cars
    E39 540/6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesfogarty05 View Post
    Pros? Tons and tons of power. Cons? Waaaay more money then what you're gonna want to spend. The kit alone is gonna set you back anywhere from $5000 to $8000 and that's before installation. Then you'd have to modify numerous other parts of your engine/drivetrain to deal with that extra power. Bottom line... You want a fast bimmer, buy a //M
    I agree with everything besides the just buy a M part, unless your heart's not really in it. As someone said the FI section is your best friend everything you'd need to know and some, the guys in that section really know their stuff.

Good luck.

My Cars
    '07 Z4MC, '12 128i
    Active Autowreke and ESS Tuning are going to be your best bets for Supercharger.

Most kits are made to work with stock engines, however it's a better idea to replace some parts to avoid breaks in the future

2015 ProSolo STX Class Champion

nathancarter is offline Stretch Haters Club #1 BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    2002 330i 131k
    If you're looking at the non-M E46 and wanting power, skip the 325i and start with the 330i. Extra half-liter of engine, bigger brakes, and some other upgrades from the 325i.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 325I
    Quote Originally Posted by nathancarter View Post
    If you're looking at the non-M E46 and wanting power, skip the 325i and start with the 330i. Extra half-liter of engine, bigger brakes, and some other upgrades from the 325i.
    i disagree with you on that(i own a 325i :P) 330i may have bigger items but you can get a sc and bbk and other stuff for cheaper then what a 330i would come out to for those items and make it faster. also ive been to races with a sedan SC 325i vs a SC 330i/zhp and the 330i lost big time . only thing is his super charger on the 325i was a different brand ive never heard of and he dynoed a little above 400hp.
    325i Topaz Bluuu
    Umnitza MTech II Body Kit, ZHP Weighted Shift Knob, Muffler Delete, Resonator Delete, Khoalty LED Tail lights/Clear Front Turn Signals + Sidemarkers, Long CAI, Koni FSD's + B&G Lowering Springs, CF Fabric Trim, Black Suede Headliner + Pillars, Thule 753 Roof Rack n Fairing, 5% Rear 20% Front Tint, DDM Led license plate lights. No such thing as DONE lol.

My Cars
    '07 Z4MC, '12 128i
    Ok, you are going to push 400hp out of a 325i you need MAJOR engine work.

Blot on vs Bolt on the 330i will make more power.

Enough said

My Cars
    2002 BMW 325I
    hopfully i can fine the vid on youtube, was there in person. but the 330i had a bolt on but the 325i was custom sc. 325i still won. bolt on vs bolt on yeah 330 would win but in this case the 325i won by like 3 car lenths. well not that much but from where i was at looks like that much lol.
    Last edited by SK8URDEAD; 03-30-2010 at 02:33 PM.
    325i Topaz Bluuu
    Umnitza MTech II Body Kit, ZHP Weighted Shift Knob, Muffler Delete, Resonator Delete, Khoalty LED Tail lights/Clear Front Turn Signals + Sidemarkers, Long CAI, Koni FSD's + B&G Lowering Springs, CF Fabric Trim, Black Suede Headliner + Pillars, Thule 753 Roof Rack n Fairing, 5% Rear 20% Front Tint, DDM Led license plate lights. No such thing as DONE lol.

My Cars
    '07 Z4MC, '12 128i
    Quote Originally Posted by SK8URDEAD View Post
    hopfully i can fine the vid on youtube, was there in person. but the 330i had a bolt on but the 325i was custom sc. 325i still won. bolt on vs bolt on yeah 330 would win but in this case the 325i won by like 3 car lenths. well not that much but from where i was at looks like that much lol.
    Ok, take the same thing and do it to the 330i. Custom supercharger.

It will still make more power...your point is worthless here

My Cars
    03 Alpine 330I ZSP

Re: e46 325i Supercharged

Quote Originally Posted by M0nK3y

Lol x2

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Standing there, all by itself, in the barren desert, was the lone shift knob. Ready with shield, and adorned with it's tribal tan kilt, to defend the honor of BMW against all enemies foreign or domestic.

My Cars
    02 325i / 07 CBR 600rr
    Just add and bunch of stickers and ///M badges. That's what I plan on doing. You can't polish a turd.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 325I
    Quote Originally Posted by M0nK3y View Post

not really, my point is not worthless because if you take a 325i sc its cheaper then a 330i sc. my point deals not only with power but with money. thuse the 325i sc can be cheaper and perform faster/stronger then a 330i's if everything is done correct and save you some money lol. well i just like arguing so ill stop now but my post in all is dont underistimate the 325i and simply pass it up because a 330i makes more power, but all cars can be made to perform great if done correctly with the right tools faster and i mean loads of faster then others.
    325i Topaz Bluuu

My Cars
    2001 330i Sport
    These 330 vs 325 arguments get old. 325 owners are always gonna say to get a 325, and 330 owners are always gonna tell you to get a 330. Get over it.

My Cars
    '07 Z4MC, '12 128i
    not really, my point is not worthless because if you take a 325i sc its cheaper then a 330i sc. my point deals not only with power but with money. thuse the 325i sc can be cheaper and perform faster/stronger then a 330i's if everything is done correct and save you some money lol. well i just like arguing so ill stop now but my post in all is dont underistimate the 325i and simply pass it up because a 330i makes more power, but all cars can be made to perform great if done correctly with the right tools faster and i mean loads of faster then others.
    Dude, do you really want to start this?

Active AutoWreke:
    330i - $4,400 - 307 WHP @ 246 ft/lb Torque
    325i - $5,500 - 310 BHP @ 266 ft/lb Torque

You are going to tell me that the 325i makes more power, but there are no Dyno Sheets for the 325i, so you are talking about HP at the crank. You will lose around 30 HP through the drivetrain along with Torque. The 330i is cheaper and faster.

ESS Tuning
    330i - $5,300 - 320 BHP @ 302 ft/lb Torque
    325i - $5,700 - 285 BHP @ 250 ft/lb Torque

Once again, The 330i is still cheaper and creates more power at the crank.

Your point is based off of opinion. MINE IS FACT

Both SC kits are cheaper for the 330i, and yield more power. If you want to upgrade a car to make Max HP, you need a 330i

PS - This is coming from a guy who owns a 325xi

My Cars
    2002 BMW 325I
    some one is pmsing lols. no need to get mad brother. i was simply talking about custom vs bolt at the start. not lets put away the madness and be happy we own these cars lol. just i like debating as i can see you do aswell.
    325i Topaz Bluuu

My Cars
    '07 Z4MC, '12 128i
    some one is pmsing lols. no need to get mad brother. i was simply talking about custom vs bolt at the start. not lets put away the madness and be happy we own these cars lol. just i like debating as i can see you do aswell.
    I don't like to debate, I like to correct people who want to make assumptions.

You can do a custom 330i SC also, the matter of the fact the 330i will cost less money to make the same power as a 325i would.

It's been said and back-up up enough times

My Cars
    2001 330i, 2011 Z435i
    Not that I have the money to buy one now anyway, but are any of the SC kits CARB legal? Californians always get gypped when it comes to power adders...

My Cars
    '11 335is Vert
    Power is one thing...being able to drive well is another. And nevermind the fun-factor, which really counts for a whole lot.

I had a 1990 Honda Prelude Si ALB, which isn't a fast/quick car by any means, but what I could do in that little car would put to shame a lot of faster, better, more expensive/hi-tech/etc. cars...and that's speaking from experience.

Get whatever you get and go have fun!

My Cars
    2005 330CI ZHP Vert.
    Another kid who thinks...yea I can pop a supercharger on one of these Bimmers and go real fast. Hate to break the news (no disrespect intended) to you but you are out of your league. We see these posts about once or twice a month.
    Changing the aspiration system of an engine requires three things, a thick wallet, knowing what you are doing, and putting in the wrench time.
    Most 325s probably are on the other side of 100k, so you will need to rebuild the engine. The transmission is next, (don't even think of a automatic) that will need new parts, and finally the pumpkin will need to be rebuilt.
    Lets say you buy a supercharger, you need to modify the electrical system, change the ecu, rebuild the powertrain. Unless you are a serious motorhead and never expect to get your money out of the car, buy a M3. Bimmer mods like what you are considering are expensive, and not easy to do.
    Evidently Chickentown...

My Cars
    2002 BMW 325I
    agree. and if you were to buy a SC and lets say from AA, but you cant install yourself, well thats a other couple grand to have them put it in for you for the labor cost.
    325i Topaz Bluuu

My Cars
    02 325i / 07 CBR 600rr
    The uneducated posts are what keep me coming back to Bf.c
    Last edited by eee4666; 03-30-2010 at 07:39 PM.

My Cars
    2001 325i, 2002 m3
    Quote Originally Posted by fermunky View Post
    These 330 vs 325 arguments get old. 325 owners are always gonna say to get a 325, and 330 owners are always gonna tell you to get a 330. Get over it.
    325 owner checkin in -- OP get the 330.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast