Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Gloss/Matte Black and Carbon Fiber Roof Vinyl Wrap Pictures - Q&A/FAQ/etc.

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    On this white BMW 328i E92 coupe, I vinyl wrapped the roof of the car with the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber finish for the roof. The mirrors on the car are real carbon fiber mirror caps, for those who want to see how the 3M dinoc material contrasts with other real carbon fiber accents on the car. We also went with a gloss black antenna for the roof, similar to how the E90/E92 M3 antennas are with the real carbon roofs. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl wrap work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    The owner of this car is another previous return customer of mine. He brought his white BMW E60 M5 by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material to give it the panoramic roof look. The gloss black roof really tied the look of the car together, since the car had other gloss black accents/pieces on it already. The owner of this car was in Orange County as well and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl work done. I took some close up pictures at the side and front edges of the roof, since I had a couple of people ask for me to post some more pictures of those areas.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Took quite a few pictures of this blue BMW E39 M5 sedan in various lighting conditions and angles to show how the tint/smoke material that I use for the lights look. The owner of this car had me lightly smoke and tint both the head and tail lights of his car with my film material. As you can see, indoors, the smoke shade is more noticeable, but once outside in the sun, the tint film gives it a very nice subtle slightly darker shade/look to the lights. In addition to changing the look of the lights, the film also protects the lights from fading and rock chips/pits. The owner of this car drove from Westminster to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the tint work done on his lights.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted/smoked - Passenger/right side stock:

Passenger/left side stock - Driver/right side tinted/smoked:

After:

-Don Nguyen

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    The owner of this car worked down the street from us in Anaheim Hills over at VMR wheels. He brought his car by to have me black out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim on his Alpine White F22 235i 2 door coupe. We went with gloss black on his window trim to give it the factory OEM look. Before blacking out the chrome window trim, it stood out quite a bit. After applying a gloss black vinyl film over it, it toned it down, complimenting his tinted windows fairly well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    I had some people request for pictures of how it looks like if the side roof rails were not done. For this grey/silver BMW E92 335i coupe, I blacked out the roof with my gloss black vinyl material, to give it the panoramic roof look. In addition to the roof, I also applied a clear yellow film to the fog lights of the car. The gloss black roof maintains a factory OEM look and on a darker colored car, it creates a nice subtle effect and change to the car. The owner of this car came out to me in Orange County/Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    The owner of this alpine white F12 650 or 640 coupe was from Diamond Bar and came over to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have me do the car wrap on his car. We went with my gloss black vinyl material for the roof of his car, to complete the glass panoramic look for the car. The owner decided to leave the roof rails white and did not have me vinyl wrap them along with the rest of the roof for this car wrap.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Even small subtle changes to the car can change the look of the car. The owner of this silver BMW F10 M5 sedan brought his car by to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange county to have me apply some gloss black vinyl car wrap to the small chrome inserts on his door handles. Everything else on the car was already blacked out except for these pieces, so by blacking these out, it completed the look of the car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Originally the owner of this car came by to have me lightly tint/smoke the tail lights of his car with my vinyl car wrap material. He had previously had his roof wrapped by another company. I asked him if he opted to leave the roof rails unwrapped or if the company who did his roof simply did not wrap it for him. He told me that he didn’t even know it was an option that you could wrap the roof rails, since the other wrap company said it was not possible. So in addition to lightly tinting his tail lights, I also wrapped the two side roof rails in gloss black to match the rest of the roof. The owner of this car drove from Los Angeles out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange county to have the vinyl car wrap work done.

Before:

During:

After:

-Don Nguyen

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    The owner of this car actually had me work on his car twice on the same day. He originally brought his white BMW 535i F10 sedan to have me black out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim on his car with my gloss black vinyl material to give it the sport package/shadow trim look. After he saw how the gloss black window trim looked, he actually came back and ended up having me wrap his vertical B pillars in gloss black as well, to match the rest of the gloss black window trim. The owner of this car was from Pasadena/Los Angeles and came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange county to have the vinyl car wrap work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

My Cars
    Hellrot E36 M3

Paint question?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
    Here we go. Pictures of an E36 with my matte black:

-Don
    Thinking about getting my car wrapped. what color green is this if you don't mind me asking?

99 Hellrot M3 || Bilstein Sport Shocks and H&R springs || X-Brace || Turner Motorsports Swaybars || Mason Engineering strut braces
    Conforti Carbon Fiber CAI || Shrick Intake Manifold || Jet Hot Shorty Headers || 10.6 lb Flywheel || AC Schnitzer Exhaust
    SSR GT2 wheels || EBC Yellowstuff brake pads || Stainless Steel Brake Lines
    130 pound diet

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Just saw your post above now, but the car itself was painted, not wrapped.

Most newer M3s come with carbon fiber roofs, but unfortunately for the E90 M3 sedans or the E92 M3s with sunroofs, they come with a standard body colored roof. The owner of this white BMW E90 M3 sedan had me vinyl wrap the top of his roof with my gloss black vinyl material. The gloss black roof really changed the look of this M3 completely. The gloss black vinyl roof car wrap also went well with the other already black accents on the car, such as the rear spoiler, front splitters, mirrors, etc. The owner of this car was in Newport Beach and came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Surprisingly, this is becoming more of a common occurrence, even on fairly new cars (5-7 years old). I used to see this kind of issue more on Hondas and Acuras, but apparently a lot of black BMW E60 5 series have been showing up with similar issues in their paint. This black BMW E60 550 sedan had me wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material to help cover up the oxidizing and fading factory paint. The gloss black wrap is a fairly close match to the gloss jet black finish of the BMW’s factory paint, making this a cheaper alternative to having to repaint the whole roof. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from Oceanside / San Diego to have the vinyl wrap done on his roof.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Overview:
    - Gloss black vinyl wrap roof
    - Gloss black window trim vinyl wrap
    - Smoked / tinted tail lights

This is an old/previous customer of mine that came from outside the state of California to have the vinyl work done on his car. For his car, I vinyl wrapped the roof in gloss black, blacked out the chrome window trim and also lightly tinted / smoked his tail lights. Each item was a small change to the car, but changed the overall look of the car quite dramatically. I really liked the way the smoked / tinted tail lights on his car went with the color of the car. The two complimented each other fairly well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

My Cars
    '17 Durango, '10 Panny
    Hey Don- have you ever done Panamera taillights? Can you PM me or post pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BMWCCA #389756
    e39 Touring SOLD.

My Cars
    03 zhp, 97 e36m3, 04 zhp
    What angel eyes are on that last e46 4 door?

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by oekundar View Post
    Hey Don- have you ever done Panamera taillights? Can you PM me or post pics?

Not that I remember at the moment, but I do have pictures of this Panamera.

Overview:
    - Gloss black vinyl roof wrap
    - Gloss black rock / stone guard

This white Porsche Panamera is another previous customer of mine. Seems like I have a lot of previous/return customers bringing in new/different cars to have vinyl work done to them, which is always a good sign that they were happy with the work done previously. For this Porsche Panamera, I wrapped the roof in gloss black and also freehand traced the faded side rear rock/stone guard piece. The car came with a factory clear stone guard film on there, but over time it had faded and turned yellow, so the owner of the car wanted me to wrap it in gloss black to match the rest of the black/white theme already on the car. I actually went out to the location of the car to do this install, as part of my mobile services that I have begun to offer.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

My Cars
    E36 - 1998 328iS - LS2

This is the only white E36 M3 I have done.

Any chance you're able to repost these images?

Tipsy

My Cars
    BMW
    what rims are these? and what spacers or work is done to make it look this way?

- - - Updated - - -

Brand new E90 M3 that had me wrap his roof, hood vents, and mirrors in the 3M Di-noc carbon fiber vinyl:

-Don

what are the rims on the white bmw m3 on page 4? and what work or spacers is done on it to make it look that way?

My Cars
    2015 640i Coupe xdrive
    Looks Great!

My Cars
    89 eta couoe, 91 cabrio
    Anyone give me some tips on how you go about cutting wrap on the sides of an e36 M3 roof? There are no rain gutters or trim to tuck under.

I helped a buddy do his roof a few years ago and it was great tht we could take the gutter trim off and tuck underneath. I am trying to do the roof of my M3 due to peeling clear coat (which I will send of first) Any tips appreciated!

My Cars
    96 328is x 96 328i Vert
    Quote Originally Posted by dyacob View Post
    Anyone give me some tips on how you go about cutting wrap on the sides of an e36 M3 roof? There are no rain gutters or trim to tuck under.

I helped a buddy do his roof a few years ago and it was great tht we could take the gutter trim off and tuck underneath. I am trying to do the roof of my M3 due to peeling clear coat (which I will send of first) Any tips appreciated!
    Do the gutters last. As you burnish down the vinyl use a triangle method. Tack main start point in the center then pull each corner out. Now from the center burnish out each corner(diagonally) remember do not burnish down any edges against the gutter until everything is laid in the center. Now with a heatgun preferably a nice bernzomatic blowtorch heat the vinyl and with your burnishing tool lay the vinyl against the most flat cornered spot on the gutter. Now trim.

My Cars
    96 328is x 96 328i Vert
    I wrap. Some pics to keep my comment legitimate

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112