Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEXX Coil Overs: Experiences?

My Cars
    540i/6, 02 Excursion Pow
    Quote Originally Posted by knux11 View Post
    it's stiff. if you like stiff, you'll be fine with nex. most e39 drivers on here, even if they like a stiff suspension, wouldn't want a "civic stiff" suspension, which is why we/they aren't fond of this brand for the e39.
    You nailed it.
    "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti"

My Cars
    1999 530d (184ps)
    NEXX are probably made in the same factory that makes the meganracing coilovers along with godspeed, apexi low end coilovers and many more.
    There is no replacement for displacement; try boost!!

Cars: 1997 Audi A3 1.8T (AGU) Sold
    1999 BMW 530d (184ps)
    2004 Seat Altea 1.9TDI (105ps)

My Cars
    Suck
    Guys I can't tell you what Nex stuff feels like in an e39, but I've been in an e34 car with them, and they actually ride VERY nice. Comperable to a Vogtland/Billy HD setup in stiffness. The ride comfort can be adjusted through preload on the spring, and on a set of lowered e34 housings you get a great drop with really decent ride and handling. Parts quality in the hand doesn't feel anywhere near as cheap as a lot of guys were suspecting it would be, they really are a decent package, especially for the price. Just figured I'd throw that in there for you.

Go ahead and bite. Plenty for everyone.

My Cars
    '02 530i & '15 X1 35i
    Quote Originally Posted by knux11 View Post
    you should post a review. they are pretty unknown for our cars.
    I did, search for thread made by me. It's called " I finally installed coilovers"

I'm very happy with them. Comfortable ride. I'm tucking my tires too.
    '02 E39 530i/5sp Topaz Blue/Black Interior - MegaSquirt3x - Garrett GTX3582R turbo - E85 fuel - Apex FL-5 - 265/295 tires - Custom Porsche Brembo BBK - 600whp @ 22 PSI
    '15 E84 X1 35i M Sport Alpine White/Coral Red Interior - H&R Sports & Bilstein B6 - Velgen VMB5 - 265/305 tires - ETS FMIC - MPI Charge pipe & DME Flash - 3.5" down pipe

My Cars
    former E39 owner
    Quote Originally Posted by JackEatsEmoKids View Post
    I did, search for thread made by me. It's called " I finally installed coilovers"

I'm very happy with them. Comfortable ride. I'm tucking my tires too.
    wonder if we can have a reviews section (or sticky maybe) for e39 stuff.

My Cars
    2003 540i M-tech
    I had it in my accord and it was super stiff. Ride was tight through the corners but they blew out within a few years and started to ride like crap. For the price its not bad but I wouldnt use it on the e39.

Also I had the car parked in the garage its whole life and the coils still rusted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12