Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEXX Coil Overs: Experiences?

My Cars
    BMW 330i ZHP

NEXX Coil Overs: Experiences?

Hi guys,
    I'm looking to get coilovers soon instead of the Bilstein HDs/B&G set up I have now. I just don't like the rake and also they are not as stiff in the corners as I would like.

Anyway, I have read up on BavAuto, Bilstein PSS9, and some what on FKs, but I can not find anything about NEXX and what people think of them? They are for an amazing price of $700 and I realize that overall they might not be the best quality, but I'm sure they are better than my current set up.

If any of you guys have used them/have them please share your experiences.

My Cars
    94 325is, 98 528i
    get what you pay for.
    M50 3.1L Stroker - TC Kline D/A

My Cars
    1998 E39 523i SE
    Looking on past experience you do indeed get what you pay for, been looking at some jom coilovers my self but i cant find any info on them german made so its a good start. Think i will go bilstein when the time comes

My Cars
    98 540i6
    Terrible.

Look into bilstein PSS (not PSS9) - they're right around $1000, they're height adjustable (not damping adjustable) and Bilstein makes good quality stuff. Many report them to be slightly stiffer than they were looking for; so, they might suit your needs perfectly.
    Last edited by mattmartindrift; 03-26-2010 at 01:33 PM.

My Cars
    E39 hamster/ruberbandPWR

Looking for an E39 belly pan , passenger front inner fender liner …

My Cars
    former E39 owner
    Quote Originally Posted by peterbg16 View Post
    I can not find anything about NEXX and what people think of them?
    If any of you guys have used them/have them please share your experiences.
    It seems like every few months, someone asks this EXACT same question. Props to Jason for the links.

I'm not gonna follow those links, but to make a long story short, the Bavauto's are almost the same price. get those.
    Last edited by knux11; 03-26-2010 at 01:50 PM.

My Cars
    97 M3 Coupe
    just get bavautos. Mine will be here today, installing tomorow ! Ill let you know how they are

Def is offline Lead Disagreement Eng PE
    My Cars
    SW22, Volt
    Cheap Chinese made junk.

My Cars
    98 540i6
    Quote Originally Posted by Def View Post
    Cheap Chinese made junk.

woah woah, you don't know that!!!

they could be taiwanese

My Cars
    BMW 330i ZHP
    Alright thanks guys. I just couldn't find anything that's all. I will be buying the BavAuto most likely since they seem like the most bang for the buck.

I see now why I didn't find the threads. I searched for NEXX instead of NEX and yielded nothing...

My Cars
    E39 hamster/ruberbandPWR
    Alright thanks guys. I just couldn't find anything that's all. I will be buying the BavAuto most likely since they seem like the most bang for the buck.

I see now why I didn't find the threads. I searched for NEXX instead of NEX and yielded nothing...
    I would wait...
    Ref. here:
    ///EAC - what is this with the EAC logo? ( 1 2) jnyost

Def is offline Lead Disagreement Eng PE
    My Cars
    SW22, Volt
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmartindrift View Post
    woah woah, you don't know that!!!

they could be taiwanese
    Almost all the Taiwanese coilovers are more expensive than the NEXX coilovers... which is pretty bad when you think of it.

Regardless, I get what you're saying, they're both bad places to source suspension components...

My Cars
    any time, any place
    if you get the nex set you will soon be looking for your next suspension. speaking from first hand experience.

I got a set for basically "free" some time ago and played with them, and while they make the car look good- they do not dampen for anything. Feels like you installed a cinder block in place of your struts and shocks.

can't recommend them, I dont care what anyone else may tell you.

My Cars
    BMW 330i ZHP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason5driver View Post
    I would wait...
    Ref. here:
    ///EAC - what is this with the EAC logo? ( 1 2) jnyost
    Heh I saw that and I wrote on the thread that if they are anywhere near as affordable and reliable as BavAuto I would consider them. Plus I got all the respect in the world for EAC, but those look exactly like the DDM but in a different finish...

My Cars
    540i/6, 02 Excursion Pow
    Heh I saw that and I wrote on the thread that if they are anywhere near as affordable and reliable as BavAuto I would consider them. Plus I got all the respect in the world for EAC, but those look exactly like the but in a different finish...
    They'll be better and more reliable than the BA's.

They are nothing like any thrown together set. You're thinking about this all wrong. If I told you that Bilstein/H&R/Koni/KW was making coilovers for me with my colors and my logo, would you still say that? Do you think companies like UUC/Turner/BavAuto/etc manufactures their own springs? Go read the specs I just posted in that thread.
    Last edited by jnyost; 03-26-2010 at 05:17 PM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti"

My Cars
    former E39 owner
    Heh I saw that and I wrote on the thread that if they are anywhere near as affordable and reliable as BavAuto I would consider them. Plus I got all the respect in the world for EAC, but those look exactly like the DDM but in a different finish...
    from the ddm coilover pics i saw. these don't look similar. actually from the pics i saw, I was surprised so many people installed them. Some of the installation pieces looked like spare scrap from my garage. I would have packed em right up after seeing them. These look legit. Of course looks don't mean much, but I hope to experience these first hand.......(the eac's, that is.)

My Cars
    E39 hamster/ruberbandPWR
    Quote Originally Posted by knux11 View Post
    from the ddm coilover pics i saw. these don't look similar. actually from the pics i saw, I was surprised so many people installed them. Some of the installation pieces looked like spare scrap from my garage. I would have packed em right up after seeing them. These look legit. Of course looks don't mean much, but I hope to experience these first hand.......(the eac's, that is.)
    What's wrong with your KW's?
    You don't like them?

My Cars
    former E39 owner
    no, i do like them. but these are so PURRRTY!!!!

My Cars
    '02 530i & '15 X1 35i
    I have Megan Racing coil overs. They've been on the car since Nov 09, they still feel new. No problems or noises from them either.
    '02 E39 530i/5sp Topaz Blue/Black Interior - MegaSquirt3x - Garrett GTX3582R turbo - E85 fuel - Apex FL-5 - 265/295 tires - Custom Porsche Brembo BBK - 600whp @ 22 PSI
    '15 E84 X1 35i M Sport Alpine White/Coral Red Interior - H&R Sports & Bilstein B6 - Velgen VMB5 - 265/305 tires - ETS FMIC - MPI Charge pipe & DME Flash - 3.5" down pipe

My Cars
    former E39 owner
    Quote Originally Posted by JackEatsEmoKids View Post
    I have Megan Racing coil overs. They've been on the car since Nov 09, they still feel new. No problems or noises from them either.
    you should post a review. they are pretty unknown for our cars.

My Cars
    BMW 330i ZHP
    you should post a review. they are pretty unknown for our cars.
    +1

My Cars
    E39 hamster/ruberbandPWR
    no, i do like them. but these are so PURRRTY!!!!
    That's not really answering the question.
    Do you not like the ride of the KW's?
    I STILL have not seen any pictures of your car since you sold the Rondells and installed the KW's....

My Cars
    former E39 owner
    no, i do like the ride.
    since i'm local, i'd like to try them out and give a completely unbiased review, even though i doubt EAC Tuning would be up for changing out coilovers twice to do it.
    Maybe I can ride in Jared's car with with pss' on, then with the EAC's, and give my input that way.

And I'm trying to convince wifey her next car should be an E39 touring, so of course that'll need new suspension.......

But Basically, I just like new stuff, and wanna help a good guy.

After 1.5 weeks of 70 degree weather, it snowed here and it's cold as hell again, so once it warms up again I gotta do my spring detail, then i'll take pics with my new goodies. There's only one person on here who knows what wheels i have.....
    Last edited by knux11; 03-28-2010 at 06:26 PM.

My Cars
    99' 528i & 08' 335i
    Well, coming from the Honda world where stiff/race suspension is the norm, are NEXs harsh for daily driving? I'm looking to buy coilovers for an E39 and I was lookin at the NEXs also, but I'm not too sure. I know the E34 guys swear by them, but looks like the E39 guys are skeptical about them. My friend had PSS9s on his E39 and he didn't like the ride..said they were too stiff. I personally liked the ride. Then he got FKs I believe.

My Cars
    former E39 owner
    Quote Originally Posted by alkdc2 View Post
    Well, coming from the Honda world where stiff/race suspension is the norm, are NEXs harsh for daily driving? I'm looking to buy coilovers for an E39 and I was lookin at the NEXs also, but I'm not too sure. I know the E34 guys swear by them, but looks like the E39 guys are skeptical about them. My friend had PSS9s on his E39 and he didn't like the ride..said they were too stiff. I personally liked the ride. Then he got FKs I believe.
    it's stiff. if you like stiff, you'll be fine with nex. most e39 drivers on here, even if they like a stiff suspension, wouldn't want a "civic stiff" suspension, which is why we/they aren't fond of this brand for the e39.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast