Thread: door lock problems please help.....

My Cars
    1993 bmw 318i

door lock problems please help.....

ok so I had a 93 318i and i traded for a 92 325i the other day. The car is in way better shape and runs a lot better!! I'll post some pics soon.

So here's my problem...the rear doors will not open period. They act as if their locked! The front doors will only lock/unlock with a key and I have to do them seperate. I really don't know where to start. I found the central locking system module but i cant find any relay for them. I did happen to find a fuse and changed it but it didn't help me any. Can someone please help me with this or put me in a direction to start. thanx!!

My Cars
    17 M240ix and 3 Suby's
    the relay for the central locking system is under the passenger side of the dash, theres like 4 or 5 ofthem all lined up in a row, any service manual should help you locate it

My Cars
    1993 bmw 318i
    ok thanx man ill check it out

My Cars
    1993 bmw 318i
    ok so when you say relay, are you talking about the black boxes that look like modules? I found a couple of those. Theres also one on the driver side i took the numbers off it and it pulled up as central locking relay but the one on the passenger side says the same thing. I dont know how to test these either. Any help?