eBMWParts
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My Raceland Coilovers Thread. Helpfull info inside.

My Cars
    96 bmw 328is
    hows the ride?

My Cars
    1995 BMW 525i
    rps13, what kind of wheels are those?

My Cars
    E36 m3 four door
    well its a secret i dont want people copying me

My Cars
    1996 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
    rps13, what kind of wheels are those?

are you serious? lol

My Cars
    1997 328is
    Just wondering, would 12mm spacers be too much for my e36 with stock 16s on 205 50s?

My Cars
    '95 E36
    Quote Originally Posted by Bustedbimmer View Post
    Just wondering, would 12mm spacers be too much for my e36 with stock 16s on 205 50s?
    Depends on the offset of the wheels. I run 225/50 tires on +34 offsets. Just do the math to see where the 12mm spacers will get you at. PM me or open a new thread if you have any more questions about it, just so we can avoid offtopic on this thread
    '95 E36 318tdS:
    Bilstein Sport shocks; x-brace; H&R front sway bar; camber shims; M3 offset LCABs; Meyle HD LCAs; Z3 RSM reinforcement plates; ZHP shift knob.

My Cars
    1997 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by metale View Post
    Depends on the offset of the wheels. I run 225/50 tires on +34 offsets. Just do the math to see where the 12mm spacers will get you at. PM me or open a new thread if you have any more questions about it, just so we can avoid offtopic on this thread
    Alright. Well the rims are just 16s my dad got from the dealer a while back. I'm sure they are 16x7

My Cars
    e30m52 325iT E30 E70X5
    Quote Originally Posted by metale View Post
    On the front no, not really. In fact, the non-M is stiffer.
    Sort of. The Non-M is mounted to the control arm. The M version to the strut housing. So the M versions are not as thick of a bar... saves weight and due to leverage the thinner bar works better.

'Stiffer' sitting on the ground. Install them into each vehicle and the M is 'stiffer'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rps13 View Post
    bwahahahhahahahaha

My Cars
    '95 E36
    Quote Originally Posted by M3Alpine99 View Post
    Sort of. The Non-M is mounted to the control arm. The M version to the strut housing. So the M versions are not as thick of a bar... saves weight and due to leverage the thinner bar works better.

'Stiffer' sitting on the ground. Install them into each vehicle and the M is 'stiffer'.
    True, but replacing a non-M for an M will not make for a stiffer setup. I was under the impression that the car owner simply replaced sway bars and bushings, not monting points, but he can correct me if I'm mistaken.
    '95 E36 318tdS:
    Bilstein Sport shocks; x-brace; H&R front sway bar; camber shims; M3 offset LCABs; Meyle HD LCAs; Z3 RSM reinforcement plates; ZHP shift knob.

My Cars
    1999 Dakar M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rps13 View Post
    It looks like it could be wheels from the z3.

Do I get a cookie?

My Cars
    1996 BMW Z3
    i am 99% purchasing a set.

just want to ask if these will fit a 96 Z3 roadster. 1.9L.

because it seems that they only have 1 coilover for all e36s. if i understood correctly.

if ever, anything to modify or customize to fit?

thanks in advance

My Cars
    Millenium Falcon
    Quote Originally Posted by speedaddict12 View Post
    i am 99% purchasing a set.

just want to ask if these will fit a 96 Z3 roadster. 1.9L.

because it seems that they only have 1 coilover for all e36s. if i understood correctly.

if ever, anything to modify or customize to fit?

thanks in advance

You should have just asked in your thread in the Z3 section

The fronts are 100% the same. Bolt in and go. The rear suspension in our cars is based on the E30. The springs will fit and give a very respectable drop. Not as much as the E36, but it's honestly as low as most want to go. The rear shocks are really the only issue. Ours are about 2 inches shorter than the E36. I talked to blubimma who has an E36 318ti, which has the same suspension setup as our Z3's. Here's his advice for the shocks.

"Id suggest dropping the shocks that come with the kit completely. Youd want to use your stock units over the shocks that come with the kit. Use an Mcoupe shock or find yourself a set of shocks from a 99 mustang which is short and stiffer than our stock sport shocks. For an extra 10$ or so you could spring for their tokico line which is adjustable and very cheap, I.E. like 50$ per shock. Youll need to upgrade the shock mount for this swap since the piston is a little thicker but our aftermarkter reinforced units are made for these. The old rear wheel drive corrollas also use this setup but i havent really found anything local to get them. They have a tokico line as well if im not mistaken though. "

I'm taking his advice for the Mustang shocks, but I already have shock mounts that are made for the larger shaft.

My Cars
    95 m3,95 325is, 2002
    e36 is now the civic of this generation , Just slam them super low and they look cool. Just like a civic ,

My Cars
    1996 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by bondovw View Post
    e36 is now the civic of this generation , Just slam them super low and they look cool. Just like a civic ,

so your saying a civic looks cool.

My Cars
    are a waste of money
    Quote Originally Posted by SethuM View Post
    so your saying a civic looks cool.
    Aren't you the very same people who slam your E36 with RL CO's as you once did with your Civic?

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    His car, I think he has the right to do what he wants to with it. What are you? Some e36 modification authority that gets to say yay or nay to what we do?

My Cars
    are a waste of money
    ^I can say whatever I want to just like you can.

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    Certainly, I just find it a little weird that a grown man has time and energy to sniff out every thread with the word Raceland in it and come bash the company, the product, the people that buy them and everything else ... multiple times in each thread.

My Cars
    are a waste of money
    Because I find it odd that anyone would trash their BMW with such inferior products.

Did you not see the thread on RL's in the E36 M3 section?

My Cars
    1996 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent 930 View Post
    Aren't you the very same people who slam your E36 with RL CO's as you once did with your Civic?
    i never had a civic, you have the wrong guy.

nice try though,

Quote Originally Posted by Brent 930 View Post
    Because I find it odd that anyone would trash their BMW with such inferior products.

Did you not see the thread on RL's in the E36 M3 section?

they dont make RL for m3's..
    Last edited by SethuM; 09-05-2010 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    95 m3,95 325is, 2002

Moon

I used to have a civic. They do look cool dropped to the ground. The civic is perfect for that. They are not fast and have good ground clearance. Then I grew up and got a m3 , Now that the e36 is the price of a older civic , we will see all sorts of cheap parts for it. Yea my m3 is lowered but lowered with bilstein coil overs. Why put steak on a piece of poo? Its still going to taste like shit!

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i
    A buddy of mine just purchased the Raceland Coilovers and he said they came with zero instructions. He is trying to dial in the right ride height because he does not want to slam his car. It appears there is about 5 inches of threads that the perches can travel on (up or down). Currently he has the perch about 3 inches from the bottom and his car is still a little too low for his tastes. How far up the threads can you safely go?
    shidifen
    1994 325i

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    Quote Originally Posted by shidifen View Post
    A buddy of mine just purchased the Raceland Coilovers and he said they came with zero instructions. He is trying to dial in the right ride height because he does not want to slam his car. It appears there is about 5 inches of threads that the perches can travel on (up or down). Currently he has the perch about 3 inches from the bottom and his car is still a little too low for his tastes. How far up the threads can you safely go?
    Um ... to the top of them?

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by slocar View Post
    Um ... to the top of them?
    Well, that would be the obvious answer but as you move the perch up aren't you compressing the springs? I am not familiar with coil over suspensions so I don't know what effect this would have on the suspension. If the perch is raised too high can it effect the operation of the strut?
    shidifen
    1994 325i

My Cars
    1996 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by shidifen View Post
    Well, that would be the obvious answer but as you move the perch up aren't you compressing the springs? I am not familiar with coil over suspensions so I don't know what effect this would have on the suspension. If the perch is raised too high can it effect the operation of the strut?

I don't think the strut really cares if you go all the way to the top of the adjustment.

Its not exactly dialed in for any sort of performance, so you arn't undermining any factory research in optimal strut location/travel because there most likely wasn't any research done in the first place

I have my locking rings in the front about 3/4 an inch from the top threads
    The rears are so the locking ring is flush on the bottom with the spring perch

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast